Kirill Kaprizov - 26 points in his last 15 games

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
98 points is nothing these days for a superstar in his prime
Hey also has played with non-elite players for his entire short career...add in injury issues in the past year and I'd say he is doing well.

Love him, but he still doesn't skate the way he used to pre Stanley. I hope it can heal up this summer.

Right now he is more of a setup man than a scorer, but that's ok, as JEE is a shoot first player, and Boldy can do both. When zuccarello and Kap were playing together they had great chemistry, but sometimes it seemed they would rather pass the puck to each other than pass it to the other team's net.
Yes he is. He's essentially back to his style of play and function.

He just doesn't try to do that always anymore as it won't work as well. Last night was the fastest I've seen him dating back to last year. He was using all his edges and hips.

Reactions: 57special

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
2 points out of a wildcard spot with 3 games against the team ahead of them in the next month.

While playing with $15M less cap than other teams. Go home

Hagel isn’t worth the sweat in KK’s jock. He wouldn’t crack 60 if he had Zuccarello & Hartman as his linemates
Lol Hagel is playing with Nick Paul and Anthony Cirelli, not exactly offensive superstars.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
We need describe a player scoring at a 98 point pace as "Kaprizoving"

E.g. Since Jan. 1, Brendon Hagel has been "Kaprizoving" the league.
We already use Kaprizov to describe other players.

"That player isn't just soft, he's Kaprisoft".

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
98 points is nothing these days for a superstar in his prime

If Kaprizov puts up 98pts a year for another 12 years and mixes in a 120pt season, he’ll be right there with Sid Crosby - - who some insist is a top 10 player in hockey history.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
If Kaprizov puts up 98pts a year for another 12 years and mixes in a 120pt season, he’ll be right there with Sid Crosby - - who some insist is a top 10 player in hockey history.
Sure just needs a bunch of Harts rosses lindsays richards smythes n cups. N yeah he will be right there

Reactions: PM88RU

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Give him a full time Rantanen or Marchand or Point or Marner and his numbers probably look a little different (better). He might have had some semblance of that lately.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Kaprizov-Yurov-Demidov
i am trying very hard to keep my expectations regulated for Yurov but it's very difficult. having Yurov/Kap on one line, Ek and Boldy on another line... can't happen soon enough.

Reactions: MK9

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
With the emergence of Faber, Boldy stepping up into star status, and JEE taking it to another level, as well as the Wild having Kaprizov as their first bonafide superstar since Gaborik, it's a real shame they have 14 million in dead cap space for another full season.

It would be a refreshing change for Minny to be really good and really exciting and it's a fun core. Annoying that they can't have full flexibility to build around it.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
With the emergence of Faber, Boldy stepping up into star status, and JEE taking it to another level, as well as the Wild having Kaprizov as their first bonafide superstar since Gaborik, it's a real shame they have 14 million in dead cap space for another full season.

It would be a refreshing change for Minny to be really good and really exciting and it's a fun core. Annoying that they can't have full flexibility to build around it.
Beyond frustrating, this is by far the most entertaining roster we have had (speaking of the past couple years) and if we had some room for more help throughout the depth things would probably be much rosier in Wild land.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
5th fastest active player to hit 300 points. i'd say he's doing alright. no shame in being behind Crosby, Malkin, McDavid, and Ovechkin.
Agreed. He’s also the leagues top left winger to boot.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Love him, but he still doesn't skate the way he used to pre Stanley. I hope it can heal up this summer.

Right now he is more of a setup man than a scorer, but that's ok, as JEE is a shoot first player, and Boldy can do both. When zuccarello and Kap were playing together they had great chemistry, but sometimes it seemed they would rather pass the puck to each other than pass it to the other team's net.

Reactions: Randyne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad