Kirill Kaprizov - 26 points in his last 15 games

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Half the league on a 98 point pace. (He's 14th in points/game)

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
He'd be pacing well over 100 pts if the Wild didnt keep him with Zuccarello & Hartman for so long.

Kaprizov-JEE-Boldy have been utterly dominant as a unit. JEE pacing for 40 and Boldy is 3rd in scoring for U23 forwards.

llp

Jun 2, 2008
Kaprizov's slow start can be blamed on Logan Stanley crumpling him like a lawn chair late last year. He hadn't been the same since, and I was starting to wonder if he would ever be able to pull the same kind of sneaky open-hip-movements that made him so elusive again.

Thankfully, he's looking much healthier lately. He's not the same kind of skater (yet hopefully) but he has modified his game to make himself just as effective, and playing with the most talent he has ever had helps. This top line with Eriksson Ek and Boldy has developed some chemistry, and is looking like it could be the most dangerous line the Wild have ever had.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
We need describe a player scoring at a 98 point pace as "Kaprizoving"

E.g. Since Jan. 1, Brendon Hagel has been "Kaprizoving" the league.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
We need describe a player scoring at a 98 point pace as "Kaprizoving"

E.g. Since Jan. 1, Brendon Hagel has been "Kaprizoving" the league.

Since January, 1st, Hagel is 24 points in 20 games. If he's Kaprizov then he's a pretty poor man Kirill. But if he's Hagel then yeah, he's a very good Hagel.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
To little too late
2 points out of a wildcard spot with 3 games against the team ahead of them in the next month.

While playing with $15M less cap than other teams. Go home

Since January, 1st, Hagel is 24 points in 20 games. If he's Kaprizov then he's a pretty poor man Kirill. But if he's Hagel then yeah, he's a very good Hagel.
Hagel isn’t worth the sweat in KK’s jock. He wouldn’t crack 60 if he had Zuccarello & Hartman as his linemates

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
He starts slow every year. I think he even talked about it his first year here--part of the deal. Extra slow this year because of lingering issues with the crushing incident. He's doing it very quietly though--OP is right. MIN fan and I didn't even realize he was on a tear. I'm too caught up in Boldy taking the next step and Ek growing.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Eriksson Ek has 25 points, 13 goals and is +9 in the same stretch

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Love him, but he still doesn't skate the way he used to pre Stanley. I hope it can heal up this summer.

Right now he is more of a setup man than a scorer, but that's ok, as JEE is a shoot first player, and Boldy can do both. When zuccarello and Kap were playing together they had great chemistry, but sometimes it seemed they would rather pass the puck to each other than pass it to the other team's net.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
It's because he's good on the PP. To illustrate how his game has changed over the past couple years - and not for the better - is that his even strength production keeps declining. Compared to most other top scorers this year, he's heavily reliant on the high amount of PP opportunities he gets. A more pedestrian PP usage puts him more around a point per game. Obviously very good, but not in the conversation for stardom. I don't like the trend he is on for this career.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Jeez, I’m sorry to read that KK has lost a step due to an injury. He’s such an electrifying player, to lose his mobility hurts the league.

Reactions: Felidae

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's because he's good on the PP. To illustrate how his game has changed over the past couple years - and not for the better - is that his even strength production keeps declining. Compared to most other top scorers this year, he's heavily reliant on the high amount of PP opportunities he gets. A more pedestrian PP usage puts him more around a point per game. Obviously very good, but not in the conversation for stardom. I don't like the trend he is on for this career.
Meh. Ask any fan how frustrating it is when their power play sucks.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I think he’s looked healthier skating wise the last month or so fwiw
I agree. He hasn't done the skate around the zone 2 or 3 times on the tomahawk edges, like he did a number of times his first 2 seasons.

But that's likely because D are adjusted to him and they game plan for it and he has better linemates.

He didn't do that much last year either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad