Kingston Frontenacs 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Wright will be back long enough to let management know he doesn't want to play for Caputi. He was overplayed and put in bad situations all year, which showed some of his weaknesses. The staff did not develop the players, top to bottom, the scouts know it, the league knows it and the players know it. He will get his 9 NHL games, get sent back and demand a trade. We will get a ton for him, hopefully setting us up for the future. Good luck to Shane, i hope he succeeds.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Wright will be back long enough to let management know he doesn't want to play for Caputi. He was overplayed and put in bad situations all year, which showed some of his weaknesses. The staff did not develop the players, top to bottom, the scouts know it, the league knows it and the players know it. He will get his 9 NHL games, get sent back and demand a trade. We will get a ton for him, hopefully setting us up for the future. Good luck to Shane, i hope he succeeds.

I concur-
I think you are 100% correct

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I think Kingston will get told what to do with Wright. The NHL teams are paying the Fronts and will have a lot to say about development.
Wright can do the 9 games and then practice with the Kraken and go to WJC.

I actually think the draft helped him. Going to the Kraken will be a lot less pressure than MOntreal

Reactions: Bra Wavers

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
So you lose a lot of last year's scoring. Who do you see stepping up this year?

Also with 4 OA D who do you see them keeping.

Is this going to be a retooling year or will this team be a contender.

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
So you lose a lot of last year's scoring. Who do you see stepping up this year?

Also with 4 OA D who do you see them keeping.

Is this going to be a retooling year or will this team be a contender.
I think the team will be better than expected, largely since they didn’t sell off last year. Arcuri, Ludwinski and Soto will lead the way offensively. Wright if he returns would obviously help. They also add a Euro, and probably an OA forward on top of returning a bunch of other bottom 6 players from last year. D basically returns from last year. I’m guessing they keep Belanger and Roger and trade Murray, but who knows. Goaltending could be good based on scouting reports, but that was the case last year as well. I think they are at least middle of the pack.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Four of the Battalion, Colts, Icedogs, Petes, & Steelheads are good bets to be among the top 5 going into the trade deadline. A couple of those teams could be bit sellers, but I think 5-6 is a bit out of reach for Kingston this season; unless Wright is returned, and he is only player of any significance moved to recoup missing picks. In that way the Fronts could be similar to the Petes last season as the Petes finished with a roster that was better than it was to start.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Four of the Battalion, Colts, Icedogs, Petes, & Steelheads are good bets to be among the top 5 going into the trade deadline. A couple of those teams could be bit sellers, but I think 5-6 is a bit out of reach for Kingston this season; unless Wright is returned, and he is only player of any significance moved to recoup missing picks. In that way the Fronts could be similar to the Petes last season as the Petes finished with a roster that was better than it was to start.
A lot is going to rest n the intangibles. Miss has a lot of OA players.
Kingston and Ottawa have a returning core that could excel above expectations.
Kingston could actually get a goalie that can play the nets and stop the puck. I would not count out Hamilton either they have a strong core returning.

Kingston's big unknown is Caputi and how well he will mesh with Ludwinski and Wright.

Again I know that Mav is gone but the owner is the same and if the star players will not play for Caputi he could see himself out the door

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
A lot is going to rest n the intangibles. Miss has a lot of OA players.
Kingston and Ottawa have a returning core that could excel above expectations.
Kingston could actually get a goalie that can play the nets and stop the puck. I would not count out Hamilton either they have a strong core returning.

Kingston's big unknown is Caputi and how well he will mesh with Ludwinski and Wright.

Again I know that Mav is gone but the owner is the same and if the star players will not play for Caputi he could see himself out the door
Unless trading for an OA D, I see Missasauga as having Uberti, Hardie, Collins as OAs.
I am guessing it will be a one season re-tool for the Frontenacs while finishing as a competitive 7-9 team. I am not one of the believers that Wright plays another game for Kingston, if he plays in the OHL at all.
The ‘67s can be a top team, but imo that is starting the season with B(OA)A for the team and Boucher and Kasper. The ‘67s cannot be 8 pts behind the Petes at the break and expect to be the #1 or #2 seed.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Unless trading for an OA D, I see Missasauga as having Uberti, Hardie, Collins as OAs.
I am guessing it will be a one season re-tool for the Frontenacs while finishing as a competitive 7-9 team. I am not one of the believers that Wright plays another game for Kingston, if he plays in the OHL at all.
The ‘67s can be a top team, but imo that is starting the season with B(OA)A for the team and Boucher and Kasper. The ‘67s cannot be 8 pts behind the Petes at the break and expect to be the #1 or #2 seed.

Wright returning will be dependent on Front's ownership and promises. Seattle is going to look where he can develop more last year was not a break-out year that said I am ready for the NHL.

As a new team, Seattle is building it makes more sense for them to send him back after 9 games to Kingston (not because Kingston is the best place but the rules say he can not play AHL)

The needs for the Fronts are almost the same as the 67's

scoring - they have a good line but the returning players need to step up
defence - the defence needs to be able to win the battles in the corner and clear the front of the net
Goaltending - the Euro they drafted has to step up and be dominate. They also need to find a backup that they can depend on

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Ludwinski will be back and probably play with Soto and a left winger. Callens maybe, I'd love to see him play the poole heyes stewart line and see where they land. Very physical and if given the chance to have some confidence, you never know what might happen. Burns will take a step forward on D, also physical and not afraid. Goaltending will be an issue that needs to be resolved as well. Kind of a letdown last year. Caputi will show us whether he can coach or not, with a less star studded lineup. If he couldn't do it last year, what we will do this year?

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
I’d be surprised to see the Colts ahead of Kingston this year. Ditto for Niagara, especially if the import goalie is as good as advertised. But, like others have mentioned, I’m also not sold on Caputi, so who knows, they may fall down a ways with him coaching.

I’m also pretty sure Arcuri will go for a pretty penny. He finished 8th in OHL scoring when considering only returning players (excluding potential OAs).

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I’d be surprised to see the Colts ahead of Kingston this year. Ditto for Niagara, especially if the import goalie is as good as advertised. But, like others have mentioned, I’m also not sold on Caputi, so who knows, they may fall down a ways with him coaching.

I’m also pretty sure Arcuri will go for a pretty penny. He finished 8th in OHL scoring when considering only returning players (excluding potential OAs).
I think you will be surprised.
Niagara is now up to 3-‘03 & 3-OA additions this off-season using only picks.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Devin

Jul 25, 2018

With the addition of Thornton indicates barrie is going for it this year. I don’t think kingston will be ahead of barrie at any point next season.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

Dont think KGN will be good at all. Especially if Wright is gone, which he should be. Arcuri will fall off without being propped up by Edmonds/Frasca. hes not a 110 point guy liek you seem to think he is

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Dont think KGN will be good at all. Especially if Wright is gone, which he should be. Arcuri will fall off without being propped up by Edmonds/Frasca. hes not a 110 point guy liek you seem to think he is
Arcuri would probably be the most expensive player, and best fit the Petes could add between now and the deadline. Though not as good, I really like Panwar as a much cheaper option for the team.

Reactions: ottsabrefan

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
I know the Petes didn’t exactly participate in the playoffs but have a look at Arcuri’s playoff numbers. He not only led the team but I believe was leading the league or close to it when the Fronts got bounced.

I think you will be surprised.
Niagara is now up to 3-‘03 & 3-OA additions this off-season using only picks.
You might be right about Niagara.

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
With the addition of Thornton indicates barrie is going for it this year. I don’t think kingston will be ahead of barrie at any point next season.
Fair. I just don’t see them being a whole lot better than the Fronts at the moment. Maybe that changes at the deadline when the Colts use a ton of picks that the Fronts don’t have.

I’m sure I’m in the minority but I think the Fronts will surprise (middle of the pack that is) given they are returning 10 forwards and six Dmen plus adding what should be a much better Euro goalie in net. Given that they didn’t make the trades I wanted last year I think they will do much better than people are expecting. Add Wright and better coaching and this team will be fun to watch this year.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Fair. I just don’t see them being a whole lot better than the Fronts at the moment. Maybe that changes at the deadline when the Colts use a ton of picks that the Fronts don’t have.

I’m sure I’m in the minority but I think the Fronts will surprise (middle of the pack that is) given they are returning 10 forwards and six Dmen plus adding what should be a much better Euro goalie in net. Given that they didn’t make the trades I wanted last year I think they will do much better than people are expecting. Add Wright and better coaching and this team will be fun to watch this year.
The fronts are returning a pretty good team and gain a bit on some since not every team is getting an import this season, let alone two. But I don’t expect Kingston to finish 5-6 because I expect Arcuri and an OA D to be traded at some point to replace some missing picks. Despite ‘only’ 8th in both points and pts/g as a 17 yr old, Wright is still in that McDavid, Ekblad, Tavares, Spezza class. He is just the only one to miss his 16 yr old season. Let’s not dismiss his possibly better than McDavid and Tavares 15 yr old season. I will be a bit surprised if he is returned to the OHL.

Most teams are returning a lot. Hamilton and SSM are the only teams that could be looked at as buyers last season. Kingston, Missasauga, & NB added players that can return this season. I think NB can have ~20 in camp that played in the conference final.
I don’t see a team in the entire league that is better over all than the Colts right now, none as good if they get their import.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad