Kingston Frontenacs 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Not sure how the 16 year olds worked. Vaccari (0 games) and McGowan (2 games) were probably B cards. But that still leaves 5 with A cards. Schneider had the fewest games of those 5 (he had 16 games). Maybe not all of those counted towards an A card somehow?
I know quite a few of Schneider's early games were emergency, his first game he was their 5th defenseman out of 5 because they were that short - like dirty12 mentioned maybe they don't count towards the 10 games toward the A card?

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
I know quite a few of Schneider's early games were emergency, his first game he was their 5th defenseman out of 5 because they were that short - like dirty12 mentioned maybe they don't count towards the 10 games toward the A card?
I believe once their team is finished their season they can play as much as they want as well.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
players stay on a B card until they play 9 games, then they have to be put on an A card. it generally isnt a big deal for most teams.

I believe once their team is finished their season they can play as much as they want as well.
that is correct, the tier 2 team holds the a card, the ohl team has the b card. once the a card team is finished, the restrictions vanish.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Hearing a lot of complaints on other threads about Caputi and his inability to develop players. Was wondering what the thoughts are of people here.

CanCaputi help with the development of Shane if he is returned or would it be like Gubrandson when he had to return with Gilmour.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Hearing a lot of complaints on other threads about Caputi and his inability to develop players. Was wondering what the thoughts are of people here.

CanCaputi help with the development of Shane if he is returned or would it be like Gubrandson when he had to return with Gilmour.

not much experience on the bench or in the front office played a factor in the lack of success this year, no doubt.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Why is an ex-forward your defence coach? No offence but it makes no sense to me.

Also, did he move to Kingston full time or did he commute as Gilmour did.

Kingston has 3 coaches that were mid-tier forwards with no defensive capabilities.
Chris Longo has a solid background in playing defensive hockey. He was coached by Dick Todd who was the best defensive coach in the OHL in the early 1990s. Dick was known to develop great two way players who took care of things defensively.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Chris Longo has a solid background in playing defensive hockey. He was coached by Dick Todd who was the best defensive coach in the OHL in the early 1990s. Dick was known to develop great two way players who took care of things defensively.
That may be, but Longo was a forward not much experience playing defence. Kingston needs a solid defence coach. Also a lot of complaints about Caputi.

I am not judging them as I have no knowledge just read what is said and what can affect the return of Wright to Kingston.

I was around when the Gubrandson fiasco happened with baby Dougie and him. I remember Florida was not really happy about having to return him to Kingston.

I have said all along that I really think Shane could do with another year of junior but that will depend as much on his abilities and the coaching staff as any thing.

LazyDuck

Nov 5, 2021
That may be, but Longo was a forward not much experience playing defence. Kingston needs a solid defence coach. Also a lot of complaints about Caputi.

I am not judging them as I have no knowledge just read what is said and what can affect the return of Wright to Kingston.

I was around when the Gubrandson fiasco happened with baby Dougie and him. I remember Florida was not really happy about having to return him to Kingston.

I have said all along that I really think Shane could do with another year of junior but that will depend as much on his abilities and the coaching staff as any thing.
What specifically is wrong with Caputi?

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
There have been many people watching Wright in the playoffs commenting on the team looking extremely disorganized, having no system, having no ability to break out of the zone, etc. Check the Wright prospect page for a look.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
zero development of young prospects, ludwinski is a heck of a player and succeeds because of his skill and determintation, but also because he was playing with good players,. Soto was given minutes because he is a first rounder, i sor tof get that. Tale as old as time. The Poole heyes, stewaqrt line was effective physically when given the chance but basically treated like crap the whjole year. They all maxed out their fights, trying to keep the other teams physicality in check. Thibideau can skate like the wind, but not sure his ceiling. Cosantino quit because he was the 7th Dman and treated accordingly, no communication or development. Caputi rode his big boys that he didn't insulate from being worn out and it cost the team. I'm sure he saw the Oshawa series win as his only hope to hang on to his job. This team should have beaten North bay but had nothing left in the tank. Leevi couldn't save them. I think he will have a very short leash next year, and I know for a fact Wright doesn't want to come back if Caputi is there.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Caputi rode his big boys that he didn't insulate from being worn out and it cost the team. I'm sure he saw the Oshawa series win as his only hope to hang on to his job. This team should have beaten North bay but had nothing left in the tank. Leevi couldn't save them. I think he will have a very short leash next year, and I know for a fact Wright doesn't want to come back if Caputi is there.
Why does this sound like the same song that we have heard for the past 20 years with this team. Mav did something. Cassidy and others tried to hold players accountable but Mav can ned the coaches.

This will be the second time that the Fronts have had a top 1-3 draft pick that ran into the same problem.

As I said earlier Gulbrandsen had nothing good to say about Dougie G and begged the Panthers to keep him on the practice roster.

I think that Shane's stock is being hurt because of the way he was treated last year and the year before. There was nothing stopping Kington from saying go play in Europe until we get this sorted out. Other players did it. Or hew could have done a Moldenhoauer and signed a 1-year contract to play in the U.S.

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
I believe Caputi should be gone also but I lay zero blame on him or the Fronts organization for last year. I squarely lay the blame on Paul MacFarlane for quitting when he did. I know everybody wants a NHL position and maybe he thought no matter what Wright, Chromiak et al could pull the season out no matter who was behind the bench. There was no one of any pedigree that was left to hire that late before training camp.

Reactions: dirty12

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Lol. Quitting. This is a development league for coaches, gms, just like players. Nobody quit.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Lol. Quitting. This is a development league for coaches, gms, just like players. Nobody quit.
Would bailing at approximately two minutes to midnight leaving the fronts high & dry be a better way to put it? McFarland was hired to coach and manage the team to a championship

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Every gm is hired to coach or manage a team to a championship. No, I do not agree with the term bailing either. This is first and foremost a development league. Nobody questions a player for sticking with an NHL team after training camp instead of returning to junior to win a championship. MacFarlane did nothing wrong.

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Anyone know how it works that Kingston drafted a goalie in the import draft that played in the CHL last year? Bit confused. Would he not need to be traded from the Q to the O?

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
How does an 03Goalie that is highly rated on the NHL Draft List get released from Sherbrooke? Not even picked up by trade by other Q team?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Very few off season trades happen for imports. Why trade away assets when you can make a pick for free. Plus, who knows if he wanted to come to the O and let it be known.

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
According to the Whig Standard he was left off his teams protected list. Doesn't give a reason why. Also says he is staying in Sherbrooke this summer and is looking forward to coming to Kingston

Reactions: dirty12

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
According to the Whig Standard he was left off his teams protected list. Doesn't give a reason why. Also says he is staying in Sherbrooke this summer and is looking forward to coming to Kingston

they would have had to release him to make another pick, i would guess they have another goalie that they like and could not move him to another team in the q before the draft.

ottawa was in a similar situation with gaid and they moved him to niagara before the draft, if they could not have, he would have been in the draft again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad