GDT: Kings @ Wings | 7:30PM | FSD

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Let's just say we lose 3 or 4 more in a row, and this losing streak reaches 8+, is coach Jeffrey in jeopardy of losing his job yet? I'm afraid I think Blash is here for the whole year, regardless of how bad we play.

I just want changes. I'm sick of this. Watching hockey is supposed to be fun. Watching this team is not fun in any way right now.

You are right. Blash isn't going anywhere. There isn't any point in a coaching change when your roster isn't a playoff team.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
3 games at hand on two teams only 3 points behind.
Montreal beats us twice and they're smooth sailing ahead of us. Might be difficult for them though, we play them on the second leg of a back to back in the first game and their 3rd game in 4 days in the second.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Montreal beats us twice and they're smooth sailing ahead of us. Might be difficult for them though, we play them on the second leg of a back to back in the first game and their 3rd game in 4 days in the second.

We don’t beat anyone on their back to backs Montreal will sweep the 2 games

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
We don’t beat anyone on their back to backs Montreal will sweep the 2 games
Good, unless Larkin and Mantha catch fire again this team is going to be where it should be, slotted in in second or third to last in the division.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Let's just say we lose 3 or 4 more in a row, and this losing streak reaches 8+, is coach Jeffrey in jeopardy of losing his job yet? I'm afraid I think Blash is here for the whole year, regardless of how bad we play.

I just want changes. I'm sick of this. Watching hockey is supposed to be fun. Watching this team is not fun in any way right now.
Only question that is really relevant is whether Holland will be back next season. He's the one pushing the current direction. If Holland signs a new deal the future is bleak. You have to keep in mind Babcock was coaching this team to first round exits when it's core was younger. That pretty much tells you what the ceiling was and how things will continue to trend.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Only question that is really relevant is whether Holland will be back next season. He's the one pushing the current direction. If Holland signs a new deal the future is bleak. You have to keep in mind Babcock was coaching this team to first round exits when it's core was younger. That pretty much tells you what the ceiling was and how things will continue to trend.

Huh? How was Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Kronwall and Zetterberg younger than Mantha, Larkin, Green?

Reactions: aar000n

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I mean I understand we're gonna need to suck for awhile. But at least make it an exciting "suck." This kind of play tonight and the last few games are just boring as f***!

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Firing Blashill won't fix the problem. That's like firing a car salesman because a car has a recall.
At this point I don't even care if he stays for another year. Switching coaches a bunch doesn't help develop young players. If we were to hire a new guy he will be stuck with a poop roster for at least a few seasons.

As for Holland, thank you for your great work with the organization, cya

I'll wait another draft before I decide on tyler wright. He says we will draft skill in 2018, let's see it bro

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Huh? How was Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Kronwall and Zetterberg younger than Mantha, Larkin, Green?

Kronwall and Z are still the captains of the Wings. Nyquist, Tatar, Ericsson, Abdelkader, Helm, etc were younger and better for it. You said yourself Mantha isn't a core piece. Larkin isn't in the position to lead this team to the playoffs so core or not is irrelevant. Mike Green only signed for 3 seasons, he was never intended to be a long-term fixture.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Datsyuk, Lidstrom and Zetterberg are all hall of famers who were still playing in the NHL back then. Worse coaching + less talent + GM happy with status quo does not make for a very good trajectory.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Seems like the wings got a flat tire after that loss against Edmonton. A few injuries away from the tires falling off completely.. Well, maybe we can get lucky with a lottery pick after all.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Considering the games in hand a lot of other teams have, and how close we all are in points, it’s actually feasible to drop down to 2nd worst in the conference in a couple weeks.

Reactions: TheMule93

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I just noticed AA and Mantha's numbers out there. Wasn't sure they were playing tonight. Guess they are?
What a couple of bums.

The GM who assembled the team with these two as the "future" should be fired.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
The forwards just asked to do so much that its impossible to consistently produce. I have a hard time blaming them when the defense is incapable of anything positive with the puck besides Green.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I agree...with the caveat that the intentions of ownership need to be clarified.

I'm 100% on board with shipping Holland out, but if "the new Ilitch approach" is then to continue coasting in safe waters, with a new token GM as a yes man to more of the same, then nothing really gets fixed.

I don't expect the kids to ever throw caution to the wind quite like Mike sometimes did, but a LITTLE more aggressiveness than we've seen the last few years would be much appreciated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad