Rumor: Kings went after Saros at deadline

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I wonder if he gets moved this off-season for a kings ransom?

Nashville might but the offer will have to be a big offer.

i think it coukd happen summer 24 with Askarov another year under his belt they will have a better assessment of Askarov readiness for nhl. Saros in 24 can sign an extension. Askarov could get resigned and the trade Askarov.

this summer you could have other term goalies on the market like Demko being moved. Calgary, Florida looking to move theirs. Maybe even Boston if they did win the cup, they go to a mini rebuild nd move Ullmark when his price is the best.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Nashville might but the offer will have to be a big offer.

i think it coukd happen summer 24 with Askarov another year under his belt they will have a better assessment of Askarov readiness for nhl. Saros in 24 can sign an extension. Askarov could get resigned and the trade Askarov.

this summer you could have other term goalies on the market like Demko being moved. Calgary, Florida looking to move theirs. Maybe even Boston if they did win the cup, they go to a mini rebuild nd move Ullmark when his price is the best.
I doubt there's a market for Bob

Reactions: hn777

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I like how the initial reporting that "Los Angeles made an exploratory call" turned into a headline of "Western Conference Contender Went Hard After Juuse Saros."
I guess LA is so far more than happy with the consolation price.
They'd probably be happier if they didn't have to worry about the position again in a few months, though. Saros is signed for two years after this.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Should we Sens fan try to manifest this to come true too?

Big IFs but if the Sens got Saros without losing anyone important to the current team, and also signed Formenton - I seriously think they are a threat for the cup as early as next year.

I wonder what the ask would be if it's mostly futures.

Joseph and Forsberg could go the other way for salry purposes. gotta think it starts with a 1st and big ads from there.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Big IFs but if the Sens got Saros without losing anyone important to the current team, and also signed Formenton - I seriously think they are a threat for the cup as early as next year.

I wonder what the ask would be if it's mostly futures.

Joseph and Forsberg could go the other way for salry purposes. gotta think it starts with a 1st and big ads from there.
I know we said it with Chychrun but I’m for sure this time, we wouldn’t be able to do it without Greig or Pinto going the other way.

If GMs didn’t see Dorion coming from a mile away already they will now.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
I know we said it with Chychrun but I’m for sure this time, we wouldn’t be able to do it without Greig or Pinto going the other way.

If GMs didn’t see Dorion coming from a mile away already they will now.
I don’t think you’re going to want to hear this, but in a Saros trade Greig or Pinto isn’t going to be the prime asset. I expect the ask is a top 5 pick (or equivalent), which is why the Kings heard the price and hung up.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I don’t think you’re going to want to hear this, but in a Saros trade Greig or Pinto isn’t going to be the prime asset. I expect the ask is a top 5 pick (or equivalent), which is why the Kings heard the price and hung up.
You misunderstand. In a first + blue chip prospect + roster player, I meant the blue chip prospect will be other Greig or Pinto.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
You misunderstand. In a first + blue chip prospect + roster player, I meant the blue chip prospect will be other Greig or Pinto.
Sorry I thought you meant one of those guys plus some extras for value, not using one of those guys as the extra. I still think if it’s a first + trade you would need a top 10 pick plus one of them to get it done though.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I personally, would not pay the "Kings Ransom" required to get myself a very small goaltender. I'd go big game hunting and try to get myself a Thatcher Demko long before i went after Saros.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Maybe. But he's also more expensive in acquisition cost. And he's much much smaller. So you're getting less value for $ per inch.

He's been one of the best goalies in the league for the past three years, the size thing might have been a question mark four years ago but that hasn't been an issue at all.

Reactions: Stubu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad