Rumor: Kings vs Sharks in 2015 outdoor game

I just went ahead and booked a room across the street from Levis Stadium for 2/21 just in case (Sharks fans seem to think that is the more likely venue). If it's at AT&T, I'm not gonna pay to stay in the city anyway. The Hilton was $200 and the Hyatt down the road was $150 for a one bedroom. Is anyone familiar with the area? I've spent some time up in the city of SF and been to San Jose once. San Jose was boring as **** if I remember correctly. I'm wondering if staying close to the stadium is a bad idea if it's at Levis.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I just went ahead and booked a room across the street from Levis Stadium for 2/21 just in case (Sharks fans seem to think that is the more likely venue). If it's at AT&T, I'm not gonna pay to stay in the city anyway. The Hilton was $200 and the Hyatt down the road was $150 for a one bedroom. Is anyone familiar with the area? I've spent some time up in the city of SF and been to San Jose once. San Jose was boring as **** if I remember correctly. I'm wondering if staying close to the stadium is a bad idea if it's at Levis.

SJ is pretty boring with the exception of a few places. It really depends what you're looking to do. I suggest asking on our board. We'd gladly give you suggestions on where to stay and what to do.

That all said, ATT Park definetly is the most scenic. It doesn't get humid either, despite being by the water. It's rarely humid at all anywhere here. Levi would be good for watching the game though as it's just better suited for hockey. But there ain't much around for outside fans there, not until the area is developed more (it's mostly tech companies and a theme park near by).

I'm looking forward to it as a hockey fan. As a sharks fan, well, I have other things to look forward to...hopefully. :(

Captain Mittens*

SJ is pretty boring with the exception of a few places. It really depends what you're looking to do. I suggest asking on our board. We'd gladly give you suggestions on where to stay and what to do.

That all said, ATT Park definetly is the most scenic. It doesn't get humid either, despite being by the water. It's rarely humid at all anywhere here. Levi would be good for watching the game though as it's just better suited for hockey. But there ain't much around for outside fans there, not until the area is developed more (it's mostly tech companies and a theme park near by).

I'm looking forward to it as a hockey fan. As a sharks fan, well, I have other things to look forward to...hopefully. :(
So it would be best to stay somewhere around Redwood City and have a somewhat equidistant drive to either arena.
I like the South Bay the best anyway

#mountainviewrepresent!
#lordoftherengstorff

I posted on your board yesterday so I'll go back and look if anyone responded yet.

I think I might lean towards getting something near the airport so it is close by either location. And I'd rather hang out in SF that weekend regardless of where the game is played. With the BART being near the airport, it makes commuting into the city easy.

Boy Hedican

Jul 12, 2006
Earff
So it would be best to stay somewhere around Redwood City and have a somewhat equidistant drive to either arena.
I like the South Bay the best anyway

#mountainviewrepresent!
#lordoftherengstorff

That's an option. Anywhere along the peninsula is probably fine. I like Palo Alto & Mnt Views night life better than Redwood City. But either way, you're really close to Levi and if you want to go to SF Caltrain will take you right to Att parks and the heart of the city. Plus you can drink on Caltrain! :)

Boy Hedican

Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I posted on your board yesterday so I'll go back and look if anyone responded yet.

I think I might lean towards getting something near the airport so it is close by either location. And I'd rather hang out in SF that weekend regardless of where the game is played. With the BART being near the airport, it makes commuting into the city easy.

There ain't much near the airport, but our board can tell you more. Caltrain goes up an down the bay so getting down to the South Bay is super/hella easy. You can get the connection to light rail in mountain view to bring you right near Levi as well. Bart doesn't extend to the peninsula/South Bay at all (yet).

Captain Mittens*

That's an option. Anywhere along the peninsula is probably fine. I like Palo Alto & Mnt Views night life better than Redwood City. But either way, you're really close to Levi and if you want to go to SF Caltrain will take you right to Att parks and the heart of the city. Plus you can drink on Caltrain! :)

Exactly.

Palo Alto is probably the best place to party. If I knew could drink on the train my time in the bay area would have been even more cloudy

Yeah, I was just talking about staying near the airport because there are a zillion hotels in they are much cheaper than staying in the city.
Without checking prices, the airport should be more than Palo Alto or Mountain View. They will also have betetr nightlife than Burlingame

The train in an absolute option, but even then the drive form Palo Alto to SF or SJ ain't bad at all.
They would be easier than your drive to work

Without checking prices, the airport should be more than Palo Alto or Mountain View. They will also have betetr nightlife than Burlingame

The train in an absolute option, but even then the drive form Palo Alto to SF or SJ ain't bad at all.
They would be easier than your drive to work

I'll figure it out.. I'm just looking for the cheapest place to stay without offsetting the savings using Uber or BART. A place walking distance to transit would be ideal. And I'd personally rather hang out in SF than any of the suburbs. I've grown quite fond of the North Beach area. If you are ever in the North Beach neighborhood, there are two places you must go. Giordano Bros for sandwiches (they put hockey on TV too) and the Rogue Brewery Bar. Both are on Columbus a few blocks from each other. Also, remind me to tell you my hockey related story from the Rogue Bar from a few months ago. I don't want to write it online but it involves a relative a hockey person and an ensuing train wreck of a conversation.

Captain Mittens*

I'll figure it out.. I'm just looking for the cheapest place to stay without offsetting the savings using Uber or BART. A place walking distance to transit would be ideal. And I'd personally rather hang out in SF than any of the suburbs. I've grown quite fond of the North Beach area. If you are ever in the North Beach neighborhood, there are two places you must go. Giordano Bros for sandwiches (they put hockey on TV too) and the Rogue Brewery Bar. Both are on Columbus a few blocks from each other. Also, remind me to tell you my hockey related story from the Rogue Bar from a few months ago. I don't want to write it online but it involves a relative a hockey person and an ensuing train wreck of a conversation.
You always tease that story and we always talk about other **** when we hang.
We need to do another happy hour.

do you like Dim sum? This place has a bomb happy hour
http://spectrum.capital-seafood.com/dining.php

xraycat

Apr 22, 2014
With regard to jerseys, I'd love to see LA in the old Chevy white and silver jersey and SJ in their original teal, black and silvers.

I was hoping for Chevy blacks and mighty duck white, teal and eggplant last year, but instead we got some random colors and a goofy chrome photoshop-filtered logo.

I would buy the hell out of a Reebok edge version of the Chevy logo jersey.

Last edited:

girl4kings

2012 & 2014 Champs
Jun 13, 2004
Santa Clarita
I don't care where it is, I'm in! Levi stadium would hold more people and offer better views of the ice and is a little more inland. I've never been to AT&T Park so that would be cool too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad