Pre-Game Talk: Kings Vs Sens

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I like this team! Not a lot of experience and talent but they work hard and they don't give up. Oh yeah and they beat the Leafs!:)

Reactions: albator71

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It actually makes me think "imagine having the opportunity to have Chabot AND Karlsson"
And psses me off even more.. but leaning on the kids and watching them grow because we need them more has been pretty great regardless of he outcomes early on. EK here would have made us better but a lot of weight would have been put on him as well.

Reactions: albator71

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Don't think so. Stone and Boedker with the apples on this one.
zcUmrS.jpg

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He didn't have much to do because LA was awful apart from a few shifts. Though I guess that's a good thing.
You can only play against the opponents given to you. Whether they were bad. Or good. Doesn’t matter. Harpur looked ok.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I know a few of us , including me were wondering how we were going to score.. I know its early but its also encouraging.

I agree. I thought we were screwed in scoring,. This speed thing is helping out as well as our D getting more involved. I'm encouraged but not sold. I still feel like an injury to Stone or Duchesne and we're screwed for scoring.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I'd like to see more Harpur and less Boro. I think that's the spot he's fighting for (or should be) to keep a physical element in the bottom pairing and Harpur needs the reps to continue to develop. Lots more upside potential in Harpur while Boro is a finished product and won't get any better. I don't have anything against Boro but eventually the team has to move on to improve.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
And psses me off even more.. but leaning on the kids and watching them grow because we need them more has been pretty great regardless of he outcomes early on. EK here would have made us better but a lot of weight would have been put on him as well.

And there is the trickle down through the rest of the line up. I doubt Lajoie is given the opportunity to succeed if Karlsson is still on the team.

would obviously still prefer to have Karlsson though

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa

Yeah I dont think the kids would grow with EK eating 28 minutes a night. Would be interesting if we could get EK back as a free agent, after the young guys get a year experience, but that aint gonna happen.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Watching a Guy Boucher coached team play this way makes me wonder why they didn't do implement this style last season. The personnel this season is better suited to play this way (minus losing EK) but it was sure as hell frustrating to see no adjustments last season when it was clear every team had figured out how to beat the 1-3-1.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Watching a Guy Boucher coached team play this way makes me wonder why they didn't do implement this style last season. The personnel this season is better suited to play this way (minus losing EK) but it was sure as hell frustrating to see no adjustments last season when it was clear every team had figured out how to beat the 1-3-1.

IMO its because he was told to change the way they played.. Maybe a small plus on the ledger for Dorion

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Yeah I dont think the kids would grow with EK eating 28 minutes a night. Would be interesting if we could get EK back as a free agent, after the young guys get a year experience, but that aint gonna happen.

Lajoie-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Boro/Wolanin-Wideman

Hmmm.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
When Ek was here, everyone defers to him. He carries the puckto O-zone , he sets up the PP, he fets the ice-time.EK was ' THE GUY'Right now we're seeing the kids freed up, to get involved. There is no 1 GUY. Everyone's getting involved.

Agreed... I also think EK has to adjust himself.. being in a deep lineup like they have in SJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad