GDT: Kings vs Oilers: Game 40 7pts out of a playoff spot 19:30 start

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
The bar is supposed to be higher for this team. There are a lot of people out there who can lead a team and have better track records than the McLellan crew.

Darryl....Darrrrryyyyllll.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
He's going to be the highest paid player in NHL history in about 40 games. The expectations for him are different. I'm not blaming him for anything this season, but also suggesting he has an extra gear. Not sure if he will be an all around dominating beast to the degree that Crosby was in his prime.

Mcdavid isn't in his prime yet, give him another 2 years.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
That's only if you're a fan of every other team in the league. If you're a fan of this team, it's just an endless pit off darkness and misery.
except last season I guess.

This team is crazy talented, and will be competitive again. I don't know exactly why it isn't right now, but there have been good teams that have had off-years.

Hopefully this season can be used for some good, and the failure can instigate some real change to address the remaining problems on the team, that we really issues that were last season as well

Reactions: Skar

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
except last season I guess.

This team is crazy talented, and will be competitive again. I don't know exactly why it isn't right now, but there have been good teams that have had off-years.

Hopefully this season can be used for some good, and the failure can instigate some real change to address the remaining problems on the team, that we really issues that were last season as well
Disagree. The Oilers are a very bad team and last year was the off one. They don't have enough NHL defencemen (Chia's fault), their system play is some of the worst in the NHL, including their special teams, the coaching appears terrible, etc.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The percentages don't lie..

Just interested, why do you think their is a difference between the home and road PK, it makes no sense..
Like your posts, by the way..

They don’t which makes no sense. Tonight the players just roll out of position. They play the triangle +1 which is a press system and they suddenly have 2 men high, sometimes even 3. Failure to execute because that are not disciplined to the system. Their PK was crappy last year, the difference was we were deadly on the PP.

Not sure we have the right personnel to play a press on the PK. In fact I am dead sure we do not now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad