GDT: Kings vs. Ducks - 9/7-9/9 - Socal Hockey Futures Games - Online Stream UP - GO KINGS!

• Thread starter Captain Mittens*
  • Start date

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
v78ps5.jpg

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
went to the game last night, and was really impressed with a lot of the young guys. Out of the 4 fights, 2 were total donnybrooks, and Sabourin really cleaned the clock of one guy who threw a cheap shot for absolutely no reason.

Roach looked confident QBing the powerplay, and his blast to beat Gibson was right on queue as all the Ducks fans were pumping their goalie's tires. It was also the only Kings shot in the first period.

Shore stood out, and his goal to beat Gibson was much needed as well. Kings were outshot pretty significantly, but took a slight edge in the physical play.

The best player on the ice all night was Bartosak, who played two periods in net for the Kings. He opened the game with a huge glove save, and was only beat once by a fluky goal that I think deflected off someone's shoulder pad. It's hard to say if he'll flourish at the pro level considering I've only seen him in one game, but he's athletic and uses a natural style that proved effective. Shut down Etem a few times too.

All in all the Kings have a crazy amount of organizational depth, and it made lil ol Leaf fan me jealous. LGK.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Is it me or is Jon Rosen actually a really good play by play guy? I thought he was terrific tonight.

He used to be one, so it is unsurprising. Before joining Fox Sports West, he used to be the play-by-play announcer for the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League.

Captain Mittens*

When was the Sabourin fight? What period? And does anyone remember the time on the clock?

Edit 14:34 of the 3rd. Thanks Ziggy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad