Podcast (Audio) Kings Talk - 1/4 vs Red Wings

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
And the brilliant take from Jesse. “If you turn some of those losses into wins the home record looks better!”

Oof. I know you’re limited in what you can say but you don’t have to polish EVERY turd.
IF some of the OT/SO losses turned into wins (Shootouts remain a coin flip to me) does that take away some of the concern?

The answer could very well have been no. Like the guy that called in and said he was concerned about the last 11 games and I said I disagreed with him because I'm concerned about the last 13 games which includes two road wins.

The Blue Jackets game was a game won in OT but they played poorly in the first two periods and to my way of thinking were lucky to come back and win it late and then follow it up with a game against Montreal.

Reactions: Schrute farms

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Same here. I get heated on this silly message board, but it's easier for me to be much more respectful in person.

I've met a few people from here and LGK - one of my best friends is from there. Unfortunately I lose my filter when I'm posting on here sometimes. I'm trying harder to keep myself in check.
It sucks when people are intentionally trying to rile others up for the sport of it. This board is civil 98% of the time, and I'm not sure when Axl got banned or deleted their account but this forum has been much better because of it. I even reached out to a few folks here wondering if I was just losing it. I just hit the 15 year mark on these boards and was pretty damn close to deleting my account a couple months back.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
IF some of the OT/SO losses turned into wins
You lost me (and reality) right about here. It just doesn’t make sense. OT can be a coin flip but you can’t retroactively apply it to an outcome you don’t like. You’d only do that if you were desperately reaching for arguments to polish your boss’s steaming turds. It’s useless “what if-ing” in order to find a bright side. I understand that you had to have permanent purple lasik surgery to work there but “hey but what if the bad outcomes had been better you guys” is weak stuff. Even for Kings Talk.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
You lost me (and reality) right about here. It just doesn’t make sense. OT can be a coin flip but you can’t retroactively apply it to an outcome you don’t like. You’d only do that if you were desperately reaching for arguments to polish your boss’s steaming turds. It’s useless “what if-ing” in order to find a bright side. I understand that you had to have permanent purple lasik surgery to work there but “hey but what if the bad outcomes had been better you guys” is weak stuff. Even for Kings Talk.
out of curiosity did you listen to the entire thing or just the first question

Reactions: Gjwrams

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
It’s kind of unfair to take shots at Jesse he is a team paid employee so I mean there is a narrative and lanes to stay in.

That said the biggest problem is the team hires their own media and only lets guys in behind the vail that will kiss the ring. Teams try to control the narrative as much as they possibly can because what’s being said needs to line up with what’s being sold.

Message boards and social media are the last free speech outlet in the hyper controlled and manipulated world of mass media market sports!

Last edited:

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Those two wins (12-13 games ago) indeed were the start of the downturn. Some of us were saying so - while the rah rah crowd kept saying how can you complain when winning. You could see the cracks in the foundation starting to show during those two wins. They won by winning 20-30 minutes. That’s what is happening now but losses. One good period and rest stinkers.

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Same here. I get heated on this silly message board, but it's easier for me to be much more respectful in person.

I've met a few people from here and LGK - one of my best friends is from there. Unfortunately I lose my filter when I'm posting on here sometimes. I'm trying harder to keep myself in check.
It's true, it's much easier to get into a pointless argument on here than it ever would be when talking Kings in person.

I think everybody falls victim to it here and there, but something nice I've noticed with some people in particular (including you KP) is that self reflection, understanding, etc, is never actually that far away. It could be an argument on game day, but the next day we're having a mutually respectful and gracious conversation in DMs about the same topic.

It's not always that that happens, but when it does it's a nice reminder that most people on here are good people and do mean well at the end of the day.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If you played COD in your youth like I did, every online gathering is civil nowadays in comparison l. COD lobbies prepared me for HfBoards

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
You’ll be happy to know Raccoon Jesus is now on Twitter breaching the 4th wall

COME AT ME TIM

*insert racist retort from 5 year old Australian kid at 3am here*
1704578680383.jpeg

“I looked everywhere for Raccoon Jesus”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad