Confirmed with Link: Kings signing Cammalleri to 1/yr deal, 1m + bonuses

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
Given the resources available, what kind of moves do you think Blake can make to have the team contend this coming season, or even next season?

Do you think this team will contend for a Stanley Cup within the next few years?
If u make the playoffs you can contend...
Can this team make the playoffs next season? Sure.
What moves can blake make? He could trade Muzzin and pick up a top 6 winger.

Kings missed the playoffs last season because we had the worst set of top line wingers in the league by far. And a bottom 6 that couldnt score at all. Cammeleri probably addresses half of our top line winger need. So a muzzin trade could address the other half.

Im ok with a Muzzin trade because personally ive always thought hes garbage. Thats just my opinion though.

Getting a bottom 6 to score shouldnt be that hard once some of our current group of wingers slot down, and an extra year of growth from guys like Kempe, dowd, etc...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If u make the playoffs you can contend...
Can this team make the playoffs next season? Sure.
What moves can blake make? He could trade Muzzin and pick up a top 6 winger.

Kings missed the playoffs last season because we had the worst set of top line wingers in the league by far. And a bottom 6 that couldnt score at all. Cammeleri probably addresses half of our top line winger need. So a muzzin trade could address the other half.

Im ok with a Muzzin trade because personally ive always thought hes garbage. Thats just my opinion though.

Getting a bottom 6 to score shouldnt be that hard once some of our current group of wingers slot down, and an extra year of growth from guys like Kempe, dowd, etc...

If Muzxin is garbage, how are the Kings getting a top six forward for him?

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
If Muzxin is garbage, how are the Kings getting a top six forward for him?

I made it pretty obvious that Muzzin being garbage is just my opinion... Maybe NHL GM's view him similarly but I doubt it. I think its widely accepted that Muzzin would net a top 6 winger.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I wouldn't like our defense without Muzzin/Martinez.

We'd have Doughty, Muzzin/Martinez, 3 barely second year players in Forbort/Gravel/Folin, and a rookie in LaDue.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
True, vegas does have a lot of defense. But that would drive the market price up for a top 6 winger. Other teams with surplus top 6 wingers could easily go to vegas for defense.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
True, vegas does have a lot of defense. But that would drive the market price up for a top 6 winger. Other teams with surplus top 6 wingers could easily go to vegas for defense.

Muzzin or Martinez are better then any defense man vegas has available So if ur looking for a top 4 our d would be the better choice *not sure i worded it right So if u donnt understand ask ill try it a different way

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I understand. But still, it's taking that type of quality d man away from us and only replacing him with what we can get from vegas. So we'd get worse on defense for certain.

I'm still hoping Blake has an eye on the Islanders. Fast and easy way to upgrade without giving up any assets should he become a UFA. Blake should definitely consider it as Friedman said.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I understand. But still, it's taking that type of quality d man away from us and only replacing him with what we can get from vegas. So we'd get worse on defense for certain.

I'm still hoping Blake has an eye on the Islanders. Fast and easy way to upgrade without giving up any assets should he become a UFA. Blake should definitely consider it as Friedman said.

i think we would be ok defensively Lets face it this team needs to score more I think a top 6 forward wiith skill would help Tatar for martinez is my idea Then trade for a d from vegas for a pick and look like this
drew forbort
muzzin ladue
vegas guy forlin
gravel

Cammy kopitar tartar
pearson carter toffoli
kempe dowd brown
clifford lewis brodzinski

Looks pretty good to me

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I wouldn't like our defense without Muzzin/Martinez.

We'd have Doughty, Muzzin/Martinez, 3 barely second year players in Forbort/Gravel/Folin, and a rookie in LaDue.

I was on the "Trade Muzzin" bandwagon for awhile but yeah our defense has enough question marks as it is, without Muzzin we are looking at something like:

Forbort-Doughty
Martinez-LaDue
Gravel-Folin

If the Kings somehow made the playoffs, that defense would get eaten alive in the West

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
i think we would be ok defensively Lets face it this team needs to score more I think a top 6 forward wiith skill would help Tatar for martinez is my idea Then trade for a d from vegas for a pick and look like this
drew forbort
muzzin ladue
vegas guy forlin
gravel

Cammy kopitar tartar
pearson carter toffoli
kempe dowd brown

Looks pretty good to me

Did your '.' key break?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
People are mad about the lack of immediate improvement, but when asked what would they have done in this situation, there's no answer.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
People are mad about the lack of immediate improvement, but when asked what would they have done in this situation, there's no answer.

People here don't get paid nor are privy to what options or offers were given or received.

With that said its too soon to know which team is going to show up in Sept. They either perform, or you'll see a rebuild start to unfold at the deadline imo.

To me this is kind of a throw away year, see who rebounds from last year and if they produce I think you'll see the trades people want. If not rebuild mode.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
People here don't get paid nor are privy to what options or offers were given or received.

With that said its too soon to know which team is going to show up in Sept. They either perform, or you'll see a rebuild start to unfold at the deadline imo.

To me this is kind of a throw away year, see who rebounds from last year and if they produce I think you'll see the trades people want. If not rebuild mode.

I agree. Hopefully our young guys (Kings and Reign) do well so Blake can deal from a position of strength and after having had a good look at the whole roster.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
drew forbort
muzzin ladue
vegas guy forlin
gravel

Cammy kopitar tartar
pearson carter toffoli
kempe dowd brown

Looks pretty good to me

Detroit wouldn't want to get younger in that deal?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I think the healthy top 9 lineup will eventually be:

Pearson-Kopitar-Toffoli
Gaborik-Carter-Cammaleri
Kempe-Shore-Brown

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
I think the healthy top 9 lineup will eventually be:

Pearson-Kopitar-Toffoli
Gaborik-Carter-Cammaleri
Kempe-Shore-Brown

Pretty realistic. We're gonna need some mega years out of our top players. That 3rd line is such a wild card...

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I bet $1000 Carter pots 30+ with those two as wingers. Gaborik is 1/2 a winger at this point.

I.e. great centers score regardless of wingers.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I feel like one of Cammy or Gaborik will have a surprisingly good season and one of them is going to really struggle.

Cammy has way more motivation, this is basically it for him, if he has a good year he will probably get a 2 year offer for decent money next summer, if he fizzles out it he may be Europe bound if he wants to keep playing.

Gaborik has what, 4 more years, on a basically unmovable contract?
He can be a hell of a player when motivated, other than Doughty there wasn't a player clearly above him in the 2014 playoffs.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Gaborik's heart is still in it - he loves this team and his teammates. I just hope he can stay healthy. He's doing a ton of offseason training.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Gaborik has had some history clashing with coaches.

He still has ridiculous hands. I watched Trevor Lewis work his ass off for 82 games last year and score 12 goals. Meanwhile Gaborik plays 50 games and scores 10 goals with out even trying.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Gaborik's heart is still in it - he loves this team and his teammates. I just hope he can stay healthy. He's doing a ton of offseason training.

It didn't look like that last season but that could have been the injuries and/or tuning out Sutter.

I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with Stevens taking over but I am not going to be overly optimistic.

I hope he can just stay in the lineup on a regular basis. He's played more than 56 games just once over the last six years.

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
I bet $1000 Carter pots 30+ with those two as wingers. Gaborik is 1/2 a winger at this point.

I.e. great centers score regardless of wingers.

Carter has scored 30 goals with us one time... And ur willing to bet a $1000 that he would do it for only the second time without Pearson and toffoli on his wings lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad