Confirmed with Link: Kings Sign Jonny Brodzinski to ELC

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

For some reason he's gone under the radar when it comes to Kings' prospect rankings, but that'll change in short time. He's a pure sniper and I think he'll flourish in the AHL next season and be a rookie of the year candidate.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Our Jonny Hockey is better than your Johnny Hockey!!

...and our Jonny Hockey isn't a shrimp. Over 6 feet tall and over 200 lbs., he fits the Kings' mold.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kid has incredible hands, pure sniper with size.

Let's hope the Kings' scouting department has uncovered another gem.

Not much is mentioned about his skating, but the Kings development staff has been very successful at improving the skating of just about every prospect the Kings have signed.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

Not much is mentioned about his skating, but the Kings development staff has been very successful at improving the skating of just about every prospect the Kings have signed.

Brodzinski is not super fast; but he is the type of player that left unchecked near the net, Jonny will make you pay every single time. 64 goals in 120 games played, the guy knows how to score.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Would be nice yes.

I would not call him a hidden gem at this point.

Picked in the 5th round while he scored 22 goals that year already, so he must have some flaws.

So you think that's the only reason why he went in the 5th round? Lot of guys fly under the radar. You make it sound like there's an exact formula when it comes to drafting teenagers.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago

he isn't a burner, but he's solid on his feet. i would say he is slightly above average speed wise, decent first few steps and fairly agile. i would rank him between TTT and Pearson in comparison.

as others said the kid is a good sniper. has a good knack for finding space and the puck. he seems to always find soft spots in a D and get a shot.

plays an aggressive up ice style on the forecheck when he is the lead forward, but will easily sit back in the F3 position when applicable.

he will fit great in the LA system imo

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
So you think that's the only reason why he went in the 5th round? Lot of guys fly under the radar. You make it sound like there's an exact formula when it comes to drafting teenagers.
Just saying he scored 22 goals as an overager (draftwise) and all went to the 5th round. That does not scream ''hidden'' to me. Simple as that.

Whether he is good enough to make the Kings, is something you dont know and I dont know.

You make it sound like he is your nephew.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Just saying he scored 22 goals as an overager (draftwise) and all went to the 5th round. That does not scream ''hidden'' to me. Simple as that.

Whether he is good enough to make the Kings, is something you dont know and I dont know.

You make it sound like he is your nephew.

I didn't say he's guaranteed to be an NHL player, but anyone who can have a lasting career in the NHL taken beyond the third round would be considered a hidden gem in my book.

Alec Martinez was a hidden gem, as was Dwight King.

There's this thing called a "late bloomer" which is what Brodzinski was. Maybe you should do some research and not assume things. I guess those taken in the first round have no flaws right and anyone taken beyond that has a bunch of flaws? Some sound logic right there. You should be hired to scout talent.

Captain Mittens*

Pearson was also a late bloomer. Our scouts do it again

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I didn't say he's guaranteed to be an NHL player, but anyone who can have a lasting career in the NHL taken beyond the third round would be considered a hidden gem in my book.

Alec Martinez was a hidden gem, as was Dwight King.

There's this thing called a "late bloomer" which is what Brodzinski was. Maybe you should do some research and not assume things. I guess those taken in the first round have no flaws right and anyone taken beyond that has a bunch of flaws? Some sound logic right there. You should be hired to scout talent.
Yeah, there is a thing called late bloomer ? Perhaps you should do some research about prospects who have done next to nothing and were supposed to be these hidden gems/late bloomers.

I seriously wonder why you make a fuss about nothing. At this point nobody knows a thing but I should be hired to scout talent, because a little remark is already too much for you to handle.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
So you are just being critical for the sake of being overcritical? Thanks for your contribution.

Maybe you can add to this discussion by pointing out all of his flaws since you are clearly an expert judge of talent.

Perhaps the purpose of player development is for these kids to experience growth and to improve? Maybe that's why the AHL exists? But no, let's just focus on why this guy was taken in the fifth round and that what is wrong with him.

Captain Mittens*

Let's come full circle, Garry what does draft position have to do with any of this?

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Next season (after a season in the AHL) Johnny should make the Kings and when he does he will be another solid find from the best scouting team in the game.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Let's come full circle, Garry what does draft position have to do with any of this?
Its this hidden thing talk, I dont understand. He had good numbers in his draft year so any scout must have known about Jonny B. That's my point. I pretty much said next to nothing.

I think its different when a prospect suddenly improves so much after being drafted.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I appreciate the scouting reports, but I guess the bigger questions are 1. why did he drop to the 5th, 2. what are his weaknesses?

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
A little worried that about half of his goals this year came on the PP. Here's hoping he can produce more at ES.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad