Confirmed with Link: Kings sign Darcy Kuemper (1 year, 650k)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yessss, finally he can't shut us out anymore!

latest

Now who should be next? Keith Kinkaid?

All the Buffalo goalies.

Petersen was a good start.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
When Quick injures his groin again...is Kuemper expected to be #1? His numbers seem decent enough. Just wondering if I should hold on to him another year

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
When Quick injures his groin again...is Kuemper expected to be #1? His numbers seem decent enough. Just wondering if I should hold on to him another year

Everyone seems to be forgetting about Campbell. The guy was a stud last year (Reign MVP in my book), and had a significantly worse D in front of him than Budaj the year before. Campbell's style is similar to Quick however, and he is also susceptible to groin injury. Kuemper will certainly have the edge due to his experience, but it's not a lock. Campbell will be fighting for the back up role. He looked like an NHL goalie last season, and he lead the AHL in wins and was an All-Star. Kings goalie coaching is phenomenal, the best in the league in my book.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Everyone seems to be forgetting about Campbell. The guy was a stud last year (Reign MVP in my book), and had a significantly worse D in front of him than Budaj the year before. Campbell's style is similar to Quick however, and he is also susceptible to groin injury. Kuemper will certainly have the edge due to his experience, but it's not a lock. Campbell will be fighting for the back up role. He looked like an NHL goalie last season, and he lead the AHL in wins and was an All-Star. Kings goalie coaching is phenomenal, the best in the league in my book.

Now, is this the same sort of praise received by Jason LaBarbara for his AHL achievements? He wasn't just his AHL team's MVP, but was supposed to be THE best AHL goaltender. And where did that get him? I'm just sayin'.........

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Now, is this the same sort of praise received by Jason LaBarbara for his AHL achievements? He wasn't just his AHL team's MVP, but was supposed to be THE best AHL goaltender. And where did that get him? I'm just sayin'.........

He's not anointing Campbell as some sort of savior. He's just saying the backup spot isn't guaranteed to Kuemper.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

.912 is a stud? Budajs numbers were much much better with reign. I'm not seeing it. Kuempers ahl numbers put Campbells is a poor light. Campbell reestablished himself as a potential nhl player down the road last year but your kidding yourself if you think he is close to ready yet.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
He's not anointing Campbell as some sort of savior. He's just saying the backup spot isn't guaranteed to Kuemper.

Correct. Budaj's D core was considerable better (Forbort, Gravel played huge, critical minutes). Budaj was more of a positional goalie and played a very calm game in net and showed that he still had the talent to play in the NHL. Stothers had zero trust in the back up, so Budaj played nearly every single game until he ran him into the ground. Many nights the Reign's D was so solid he could have had his eyes closed and got a shutout (exaggeration, yes). Last year the Reign's D was a hot mess with injuries, call ups and ECHL guys. MacDermid and LoVerde were the only consistent players. Campbell played terrific. He really plays a similar style to Quick in that you would like him to settle down a bit and not be so aggressive, but ends up making terrific athletic plays most of the time. Like Quick, he has a tendency to make that one sloppy read on occassion that prevented him getting a shutout or a fluke goal would be scored. I'm saying don't discount Campbell. Kings were very happy with his play, and he has been a pro for six years and is 25 years old. He is ready to challenge for the spot.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Ah I I knew there was necromancer in this thread.

And yes when Quicks groin disintegrates again, he probably will be taking games. So keep Kemper.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Isn't Campbell the guy who played last year with Budaj, and he turned out to suck in his stints?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kuemper has starting goalie type physical talent, but, except for short stretches, can't seem to stop letting in bad goals. He is actually quicker than Dubnyk going side to side. Pretty low risk move for LA. He will tantalize you with his talent, but his inconsistency will make you doubt him. Wild out up with him for years, thinking he was their next starting goalie, but he just didn't get better.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00