Confirmed with Link: Kings sign Darcy Kuemper (1 year, 650k)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Zatkoff makes this guy look like Hasek.

Nice cheap restocking of the goalie pipeline by Blake--uber-cheap NHL-experienced backup with familiarity within the org in Kuemper, a great prospect in Petersen, and a guy with potential in Campbell. Far cry from Budaj/Zatkoff.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
There is NOTHING negative about this, but I look forward to hearing otherwise!

People will be mad that they are not handing the backup job to Campbell.

If Campbell beats him out, that's fine, he will have earned it, but if I were to bet on it I'd say Kuemper will be Quick's backup.

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
There is NOTHING negative about this, but I look forward to hearing otherwise!

That comment only displays the fact that you obviously haven't watched Kuemper play the last 3 years. Total mental case. Minnesota fans hated him. Hard to think of many (any) worse goalies in the NHL. Great fit for the minors.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I love it. We're batting 1.000 on opposing fans coming over to tell us how awful our signings are today.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
That comment only displays the fact that you obviously haven't watched Kuemper play the last 3 years. Total mental case. Minnesota fans hated him. Hard to think of many (any) worse goalies in the NHL. Great fit for the minors.

Imoo has done a great job working with the players psychologically. He turned Campbell into an AHL all star when he was pretty much ECHL fodder.

Granted, he may not be able to help Kuemper, but the risk is so minimal it's almost non-existent.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I couldn't care less what Wild fans think.

****, I do. After all they are the "State of Hockey".

They're opinion must be worth its weight in gold. :sarcasm:

Minnesota_Wild_State_of_Hockey.jpg

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Then why make a sarcastic post about it? If it was to dispute the fact, I fail to see the basis.

I fail to see why your here trolling on a goalie that was signed to a one year contract for a pittance.

If you have nothing positive to contribute on a player leaving Minny, don't bother. You were just looking for a reaction and you got one you didn't like.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
I'm wondering why Dean's moves last summer weren't anything close to being this good. Poor diplomacy skills?

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
I fail to see why your here trolling on a goalie that was signed to a one year contract for a pittance.

If you have nothing positive to contribute on a player leaving Minny, don't bother. You were just looking for a reaction and you got one you didn't like.

The only truths about a player you want to hear are the positives? Well, with Kuemper, let me think... he's tall?

But I think you did do well signing Folin.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Funny thing about Kuemper is that he falls in line with backup goalies who always performed well against the Kings. No way he's worse than Zatkoff.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I love it. We're batting 1.000 on opposing fans coming over to tell us how awful our signings are today.

Folin was a good signing. Kuemper is a different story. He's really good until he gets scored on. His game kind of falls apart afterwards. That, and negotiating a contract extension with him has been a nightmare everytime.

That said, he has had some hot streaks in the past. He was solid when the Wild had him and Bryzgalov in net.

I'm not a fan of Kuemper, but I do wish him the best. With this cap hit, not really a risk to give Kuemper a shot.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
The only truths about a player you want to hear are the positives? Well, with Kuemper, let me think... he's tall?

But I think you did do well signing Folin.

I enjoy hearing the negatives, oddly enough...can our signings be worse than last season's? So far, middling, but not as bad as 2016.

Our goaltending coaches are wizards...in general...but their magic failed to work on the genial Zatkoff.

I hadn't followed Kuemper so no, I didn't know y'all hated him. Yay, this upcoming season is going to be amazing, just like last season. Phfttt.

If Folin can be decent, well then, alright. I like that interview with him that Peter Bond linked to earlier.

Thanks for the info. I always like getting an outside opinion. Minnesota is alright by me.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Remember what they said about Budaj when the Kings signed him?

"His NHL career is over."

Guess who revitalized his career? Speaking of which, I'm sure Wild fans are aware of what was said about Dwayne Roloson. He was 33 when he finally established himself as a legit goalie. Hell, look at how crappy Devan Dubnyk looked prior to his arrival in Minnesota.

I'm not suggesting that's exactly what will happen to Kuemper, he's not coming in with any unrealistic expectations, but to suggest that he's incapable of becoming a backup goalie in this league is a wee bit premature. They just worked wonders with Jack Campbell and got his career back on the right path. If Kuemper is a good student, I'm sure he can improve on certain aspects of his game.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Yessss, finally he can't shut us out anymore!

latest

Now who should be next? Keith Kinkaid?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce