Kings Rumor

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
He puts up pretty sexy point totals for a guy that dogs it 75% of the time.

Imagine what he could achieve if the coach can get through to him or if he grows up.
You don’t trade Vilardi (or anyone) for a guy you hope grows up or hope finally listens to his coach… that’d be reckless at best.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
You don’t trade Vilardi (or anyone) for a guy you hope grows up or hope finally listens to his coach… that’d be reckless at best.
That why i'm not so concerned. Either Blake knows this and the rumor is hogwash.
Or Blake is an idiot and he's on the road to demise that will ultimately lead to his firing in 1-3 years when this team implodes and isn't making the playoffs. Which will suck going thru it but we'll be clean of Blake at the end.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What is impressive about PLD? We have several players already that can't crack 70pts.

I've asked this several times and zero answer.

"he's built like a truck" is all we've got, and what he COULD (potentially) be

yet most of those same people aren't okay with Byfield trying to figure it out, yet they want to go trade tons of assets for a project further along that will also cost $$$

It's a LOT of prayers on a hail mary job saver.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I think if it's Vilardi, then it's going to be Vilardi plus more assets, because PLD has more of a proven track record.

And that's part of the problem. Also Gabe's cap hit will be much lower than PLD's.

I suggested something like vilardi and Moore for Pld and that big unco lhd over there +/-. If pld is extended for 7.5 or under.

Perhaps that isnt realistic, but it is close to balancing the books.

Last edited:

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I suggested something like vilardi and Moore for Pld and that big unco lhd over there +/-. If pld is extended for 7.5 or under.

Perhaps that isnt realistic, but it is close to balancing the books.
Blake is in no man's land, damn if he tries to make the team better, damn if he doesn't. Fans will complain no matter what and make excuses. If Byfield develops into a 1st line center, people will say I told you so, if he doesn't they'll blame Blake and the staff. 😆 🤣 😂

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

yet most of those same people aren't okay with Byfield trying to figure it out, yet they want to go trade tons of assets for a project further along that will also cost $$$

He's an upgrade on Lizotte.

Stephenson, Eichel, Karlsson, Roy
Barkov, Bennett, Lundell, Staal

Center depth doesn't have to be pretty, just has to get the job done.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Like Vilardi, he finally showed he might be an NHL'er. King's are against the cap & without a 1st & 2 RD dealt in the last year, probably the best trade chip.

Turcotte: He's injured until he can skate 20 NHL games in a row. Too bad, lots of potential. No point in trading because he has no value. One more year of being exempt from waivers.

Glad we dodged Zebras. That guy has something wrong with him judging by that meltdown in the last game against the Ducks.
Why trade Vilardi for a late first or second rounder that will take the Kings 3 or 4 years to develop. Kings already have too many really late bloomers. Vilardi is producing now and they should keep him. trade one or two of the late bloomers if they need picks.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
People here are in love with PLD, a player that has basically given up on two teams and he will do the same with the Kings if they trade for him. A contract don't mean squat to him. His heart is in Montreal and that is where he wants to play. Yea sure he would come to the Kings for one year, then demand a trade like he has done twice and if the Kings don't trade him, he will just choke on the ice like he did in Columbus. Hell he wouldn't even skate fast to get off the ice.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Why trade Vilardi for a late first or second rounder that will take the Kings 3 or 4 years to develop. Kings already have too many really late bloomers. Vilardi is producing now and they should keep him. trade one or two of the late bloomers if they need picks.

Games, goals, assists, points (regular season)

10, 4, 1, 5
67, 23, 20, 43
46, 26, 10, 36

This guy just signed for 8 million.

We hoping Vilardi takes a 1 year 3M bridge & doesn't score 60-70 & ask for 8 the year after?

Kempe 5.5
Fiala 7.8
Moore, iafallo, Arvidsson 4
Just too much on the wings.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Games, goals, assists, points (regular season)

10, 4, 1, 5
67, 23, 20, 43
46, 26, 10, 36

This guy just signed for 8 million.

We hoping Vilardi takes a 1 year 3M bridge & doesn't score 60-70 & ask for 8 the year after?

Kempe 5.5
Fiala 7.8
Moore, iafallo, Arvidsson 4
Just too much on the wings.
This is Vilardi's first year producing, If he can better this next season then give him a deal he is worth but if possible I would sign him for 1 or 2 years if possible and then see where he is at and if he has earned it, pay the man.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Jets fan here...jsut a quick comment. I see comments on the many Dubois threads that he gave up on the Jets. I dont think that is accurate. After the gong show at last year's draft and all the rumours etc, he played hard all season. He was on pace for almost 100 points until he was injured. Played thru the injury (maybe should not have).

He regularly quashed rumours of being unhappy etc and was consistent in saying he would not deal with his contract status until after the season. After the season he informed the team he was planning to go to free agency. A bit later it surfaced that he was no longer interested in signing in Winnipeg and would submit a list of teams he was interested in signing a long term deal with.

Sucks for us Jets fans but at least he expanded his wish list. It is not a Habs only discussion.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I thought the concern with Eichel was his bionic spine, not his attitude.

Blake is hopefully in a position to make an informed decision. He knows what $ vilardi wants, he knows his medical history (is it spondalitis, or whatever the f*** it was, or cant the guy play with a broken nail).

He must know his plans at center (is Byfield on schedule, does he see vilardi there or on the wing)

He can also talk to other execs and former team mates to get an idea of how much of a headcase Pld is.

I wouldnt move Byfield, but if it was close to a swap with vilardi, id be tempted.
That wasn't the case. People just didn't like his attitude and his spinal issue was the cherry on top. A lot of the eichel hesitation was based upon his supposed character issues.

You can simply go back and read the page. The amount of character assassination of Eichel here was truly incredible. A lot of stupid emotional reasoning. Kings won the cup due to having someone like Jeff Carter fall into their laps, and we all remember the character assassination about him dont we?

If theres one thing Kings fan on here should learn is to put your stupid emotions aside when it comes to players and their quarrel with the team they are on. Just because there is some public issues doesn't mean that the player is trash. Kings won due to carter so people should take a moment and think before they dogpile other players.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

I think a big factor is that PLD had 24 goals more than Byfield last year and he is imposing. Those are pretty big factors no? Everyone would deal with the devil they know vs the devil they dont. I dont think its as confusing as you want it to be. There's pretty strong arguments why people would pull the trigger on PLD at the cost of Byfield.

Is it a good look for Blake? Nope. Does it mean Blake has done a bad job? Yep. Does the move make sense in the present, Yep. All of these things are and can be exclusively true.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Here’s what I don’t get. The koolaid addicts would back BLuc no matter what they did. They’d work OT at no additional comp to defend a massive sell off to sell hopium. Who truly gives an F if the hopium is for next year or 4 years from now?

The core fans will stay engaged. So why continually bet and invest on success on the back of old accomplishments? Are you too afraid to be accountable for actual decisions?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah Vilardi was our leading scorer and on pace for 40 goals and 100 points until he wasn't, either.

I just see people making a LOT of excuses for PLD that they would never make for ANY King. Add to that the usual inability to perceive his ACTUAL production vs. Kings we always try to jettison and yeah, if I'm coming off a little grumpy about it, it's because this forum has just spent months trying to trade away guys of similar production for a bag of pucks and a taco and yet are willing to give up the equivalent of four 1st round picks for a pending UFA with a spotty history.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Kings NEED some controlled salary at F. The only ones that remotely fit that bill right now are Vilardi and Byfield. It's just bad business, all other things aside, unless the org suddenly decides they're in love with Fagemo/Kaliyev/Turcotte, which so far would be a laugher.

If they DO make a move for PLD after hardpassing on Eichel it's just going to reek of no-vision desperation. Which I guess wouldn't be THAT surprising, but would signal a quick panic transition from "no we have one eye on the future" to "NOPE BURN DOWN ANYTHING UNDER AGE 25, WE NEED TO WIN YESTERDAY OR WE'RE ALL FIRED."

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I truly wonder if there’s like more than three kings fans on here that don’t think the Blake is desperate? The kings are in all these discussions for a reason.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
I wouldn't mind PLD but not for Byfield or Vilardi. But this rumored 9 mil a year is terrifying for a guy whose highest point total is 63. I rather hold out and pay Matthews 12-14 than PLD 9, at least Matthews career goal totals is only 3 less than PLD’s career points totals (299 to 302).

Reactions: ibleedkings

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Winnipeg's gonna wind up getting the shaft for pld. Will it be delivered by us or les canadiens?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad