Confirmed with Link: Kings Recall Pearson-Vey-Toffoli

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Beyond ridiculous, right? Those three better get used to Sutter's boot print on their ass. I would still rather see Vey and Pearson leading Manchester to a Calder Cup than in LA if they aren't going to play regularly and play well.

Pearson stands around a lot.

If some players have already grown tired of another coach after 150 games, it's time to find out which players they are and get rid of them.

Vey is an interesting prospect for me.

He shows flashes of great offensive skill, then he craps the bed on the other side of the puck.

Not overly physical, decent speed, below average in the dot, average PKer.

Fourth line minutes will be fine for him, with some PP mixed in.

I have kind of soured on Vey like CNS has, his game has not evolved like I thought it would. Also his attitude just sucked, after his first send down.

Much more higher on Nick Shore, he is the prototype 3rd/2nd line Center.

Nick has much more JAM to his game, he is a beauty to watch play when he is bringing it.

I would think at this point the Kings should put Vey back as a winger, he would be much more successful in the NHL there.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Vey is an interesting prospect for me.

He shows flashes of great offensive skill, then he craps the bed on the other side of the puck.

Not overly physical, decent speed, below average in the dot, average PKer.

Fourth line minutes will be fine for him, with some PP mixed in.

I have kind of soured on Vey like CNS has, his game has not evolved like I thought it would. Also his attitude just sucked, after his first send down.

Much more higher on Nick Shore, he is the prototype 3rd/2nd line Center.

Nick has much more JAM to his game, he is a beauty to watch play when he is bringing it.

I don't mean to be dramatic but saying below average on the dot is an understatement. He's flat out brutal there.

Meanwhile, Shore is the Monarchs best FO guy (maybe Crescenzi is better now), very good passer, has a better shot but never uses it, mucks it up more, and infinitely better defensively.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I don't mean to be dramatic but saying below average on the dot is an understatement. He's flat out brutal there.

Meanwhile, Shore is the Monarchs best FO guy (maybe Crescenzi is better now), very good passer, has a better shot but never uses it, mucks it up more, and infinitely better defensively.

Good insight CNS, I think the Kings should move Vey back to winger.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
What are the chances that Sutter actually plays the 3 kids on the same line? I can't be the only one that wants to see them play together.

C'mon Sutter, do it!

KingKopitar11*

I realize the players aren't having any fun on the kings. Watching our players in the Olympics they are always smiling 24/7 I know it's the experience as well, but Damn, they look so robotic when they played under sutter.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Winning is fun. USA, Canada, and even Slovenia are having fun. That's why everyone looks happy. The Kings limped into the Olympic break (putting it lightly). That's not fun. They were happy when the season started.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
What are the chances that Sutter actually plays the 3 kids on the same line? I can't be the only one that wants to see them play together.

C'mon Sutter, do it!

I could see Sutter Putting Pearson and Vey together. Toffoli most likely will stay in the top Six, unless a trade happens for a top six player.

KingKopitar11*

Winning is fun. USA, Canada, and even Slovenia are having fun. That's why everyone looks happy. The Kings limped into the Olympic break (putting it lightly). That's not fun. They were happy when the season started.

They gotta loosen up here, I think Sutter should be really quiet and be really supportive when the players come back, maybe that happiness and fun mood will blend into the kings room. Not saying Sutter is the reason for it, because there's no way to find out, I just want to see these guys having fun.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I could see Sutter Putting Pearson and Vey together. Toffoli most likely will stay in the top Six, unless a trade happens for a top six player.

I don't know if I'm just reaching here, but I can actually see Sutter playing our kids together before the season is over.

Hope it's sooner than later. This team could really use an injection of some energy.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Good insight CNS, I think the Kings should move Vey back to winger.

Can he play the left side? I haven't caught enough Manchester games to have seen him on the wing.

They were put together for that one game against the Islanders I think. I remember Toffoli and Pearson both scored.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Any speculation that in Vey's and Pearson's cases that this could be a showcase for a trade? Toffoli is obviously off limits.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Any speculation that in Vey's and Pearson's cases that this could be a showcase for a trade? Toffoli is obviously off limits.

I am of the belief that the Kings (or any team) in a tight playoff race would never play guys to showcase them for trade.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

Its getting ridicilous around here...assumptions become fact just because people want it to. Just like Mike Richards is lazy and would rather fish then workout!!

I think "showcasing" is more a fan/media driven idea...I can't think of any case where this actually happens....but people love to speculate about it. That said...I could see either player moved before the deadline.

On a somewhat related note....if JT is out for more than a week. The isle would be smart to move Vanish as soon as possible....let the tank go into full effect. They are lucky they protected that pick....

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
^ The workout comments always amuse me. If I was with any player 8 hours a day, for the entire off season, only then would I comment on their workout routine. Until then, nothing.

In regards to showcasing, wouldn't a prospective team simply go watch said player in the AHL? At least they know they'll be playing.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Its getting ridicilous around here...assumptions become fact just because people want it to. Just like Mike Richards is lazy and would rather fish then workout!!

Really??? I thought fishing WAS Mike Richards' off-season workout...:sarcasm:

Meh, I don't think most of us believe all the garbage about Richards anyways.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Can he play the left side? I haven't caught enough Manchester games to have seen him on the wing.

Kings are deadset on him playing center. Big part of me souring on him.

No but he did have four apples in front of an Oil scout. They wanted him in a Gagner deal.

Luc Gretzky

Jun 24, 2012
Doughty said it best about Sutter.

Doughty "He annoys you with Criticism, but it's 100% right most of the time".

That's some Yogi Bera **** right there!

As to the 3 kids, I think it'd be be for them to play with two vets and learn good NHL habits this season and at least part of next. Once they've all grown as men and learned how to be pros, put them back on a line together and watch them fly.

Last edited:

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Sutter's the one looking slow here. The kids got a call up because the Kings are 4 point from dropping out of the playoffs and the team is terrible. Sutter's elite offensive plan is 2nd worst in the league. The star players go to Sochi and show they can score. I mean **** Carter is actually tied in goals with all other Canadian forwards right now.

1) Sutter can't motivate. Team was lit on fire by the firing of coach then made the conference finals in a shortened lock out season where they didn't have time to really think about it.

2) Sutter can't put together a decent offense. No excuse with the players he has to have the 2nd worse offense in the league. There are teams that are tanking putting up better numbers.

3) Sutter can't put decent line combinations together. Also kinda doesn't put his players in a situation to succeed. Toffoli playing with Fraser was just great. Putting Lewis in the shoot out/first line just ... Don't forget Martinez!

Man feels good to be getting warmed back up for Kings hockey. :laugh:

Yes DL is moneyball'n Sutter at this point.

Edit: can't wait for Lewis to get traded.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Well, this is where you and I will have to disagree. You think Sutter saying that they're slow is going to light their fire, and I think that the kids more or less just roll their eyes and keep doing what they're doing. I don't think that kind of comment is going to light anyone's fire.

Much like Terry Murray, Sutter doesn't know how to communicate or motivate his players.

If that's the case, then they will be out of the league in a short while...

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Sutter's the one looking slow here. The kids got a call up because the Kings are 4 point from dropping out of the playoffs and the team is terrible. Sutter's elite offensive plan is 2nd worst in the league. The star players go to Sochi and show they can score. I mean **** Carter is actually tied in goals with all other Canadian forwards right now.

1) Sutter can't motivate. Team was lit on fire by the firing of coach then made the conference finals in a shortened lock out season where they didn't have time to really think about it.

2) Sutter can't put together a decent offense. No excuse with the players he has to have the 2nd worse offense in the league. There are teams that are tanking putting up better numbers.

3) Sutter can't put decent line combinations together. Also kinda doesn't put his players in a situation to succeed. Toffoli playing with Fraser was just great. Putting Lewis in the shoot out/first line just ... Don't forget Martinez!

Man feels good to be getting warmed back up for Kings hockey. :laugh:

Yes DL is moneyball'n Sutter at this point.

Edit: can't wait for Lewis to get traded.

So.....

When the Kings had the 9th rated offense last year, it was in spite of Sutter?

Do you think about these things before you go off half-cocked?

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
So.....

When the Kings had the 9th rated offense last year, it was in spite of Sutter?

So this year was the first time Sutter had a full training camp and really got an opportunity to get the system to sink in. The year he took over he came in what half way through, then had a shortened season... this is his first full season?

Do you not see the stuff like Sutter talking about the power play as well its time in the offensive zone which will lead to scoring. It actually was reported as news on Kings Insider when the Kings practiced the power play!

Do you not get that the Kings slow break out is designed to take odd man chances out of the game. A few days before the break it was noted again on Kings Insider that the Kings were going to practice fast outlet passes! The next game Muzzin was launching the puck all over the place. ****ing hilarious.

Sutter doesn't seem to be able to adapt to change and has only made changes when he's looking at dropping out of the playoffs with one of the worst offenses in the league, despite warning signs about the Kings offense going all the way back to the first time this year they played NYR.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I realize the players aren't having any fun on the kings. Watching our players in the Olympics they are always smiling 24/7 I know it's the experience as well, but Damn, they look so robotic when they played under sutter.

I'm not buying into this as much. These are the best players in the world, playing in a tournament that only lasts a few games and all the excitement that comes from representing your country every 4 years. The Kings play 82 games every season and hockey can become quite a grind through the course of the year. I believe that you have to get hot at the right time, and Sutter/Lombardi seem to make the right adjustments when they need to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad