Confirmed with Link: Kings Recall Pearson-Vey-Toffoli

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Do we have to start talking about the Kings again already? I was getting used to watching teams that can play offensive hockey...

I know. It's going to suck to watch grind it out hockey again. I really hope the guys are re-energized and carry their Olympic play into the last part of the season.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
All he's saying is they are a step behind because an NHL practice is at a higher pace than what they are used to. That's all I take away from that comment. These guys are highly paid professional athletes. If they can't take a little criticism, than they should change their careers.

Ron*

Well, this is where you and I will have to disagree. You think Sutter saying that they're slow is going to light their fire, and I think that the kids more or less just roll their eyes and keep doing what they're doing. I don't think that kind of comment is going to light anyone's fire.

Much like Terry Murray, Sutter doesn't know how to communicate or motivate his players.

Well, considering what this unmotivated bunch accomplished in 2012, I'd love to see how far we can go when they have some motivation! :/

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Well, this is where you and I will have to disagree. You think Sutter saying that they're slow is going to light their fire, and I think that the kids more or less just roll their eyes and keep doing what they're doing. I don't think that kind of comment is going to light anyone's fire.

Much like Terry Murray, Sutter doesn't know how to communicate or motivate his players.

Sutter was able to motivate his players enough to win a Stanley Cup. Ask Terry Murray how many players he motivated to do that.

I doubt a bunch of 20-yr old kids, who would give their left nut to be NHL regulars, are rolling their eyes at ANYTHING their NHL coach has to say, they are listening to every word he has to say, intensely.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
So, says a poster who's said that Pearson needs another season in manchester. Open minded means to watch him without any bias or prejudice. ;)

Did that twice, and will do it again. Hoping that he doesn't look lost out there and moves his feet away from the puck this time, but I'm not counting on it. If Sutter isn't seeing what he needs to see in practice for these guys to get in the lineup, they need to know.

I know I rolled my eyes at your post. If these kids can't take some constructive criticism or do some critical self evaluation on their own how are they going to become productive NHL players? Sutter isn't going to coddle them.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I hope they stick Pearson next to Vey if he stays up.

Pearson just looks lost in the NHL, hopefully Vey can give him some chemistry.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Did that twice, and will do it again. Hoping that he doesn't look lost out there and moves his feet away from the puck this time, but I'm not counting on it. If Sutter isn't seeing what he needs to see in practice for these guys to get in the lineup, they need to know.

I know I rolled my eyes at your post. If these kids can't take some constructive criticism or do some critical self evaluation on their own how are they going to become productive NHL players? Sutter isn't going to coddle them.

He just doesn't stay engaged to the play, he does this in Manchester as well.

He kind of floats in spots, and we all know how well that sits with Kings management.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Well, considering what this unmotivated bunch accomplished in 2012, I'd love to see how far we can go when they have some motivation! :/

I use to give Sutter big time credit for that, but now, the more and more I think about it, I think it was more of the firing of Murray that got them going. I'll give Sutter some credit, but it was more of an addition by subtraction.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
I use to give Sutter big time credit for that, but now, the more and more I think about it, I think it was more of the firing of Murray that got them going. I'll give Sutter some credit, but it was more of an addition by subtraction.

Did you not watch the King Vision episode of the hiring of Sutter where players gave a lot of praise to Sutter for that Cup run? He's led them to a Cup, back to back Western Conference finals and a record setting regular season start. I guess they did all that because of the motivation of the firing of Murray. They must've really not liked Murray if they accomplished all of that in 2+ NHL seasons because of the motivation of his firing.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Did you not watch the King Vision episode of the hiring of Sutter where players gave a lot of praise to Sutter for that Cup run? He's led them to a Cup, back to back Western Conference finals and a record setting regular season start. I guess they did all that because of the motivation of the firing of Murray. They must've really not liked Murray if they accomplished all of that in 2+ NHL seasons because of the motivation of his firing.

But it's all Sutter's fault they are playing bad now, didn't you know ?

I will say this, Sutter gets too much credit for the Cup run. Also too much blame for the teams woes.

It's probably in the middle with Sutter.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

Well, like I said, I'll give him some credit, just not as much credit as you and some others here.

I just think when Murray got fired, it was just a big sigh of relief for the players. However, now that we're 150 games or so into Sutter and his antics, some players may be feeling the same as they had when Murray was here.

Ron*

Well, like I said, I'll give him some credit, just not as much credit as you and some others here.

I just think when Murray got fired, it was just a big sigh of relief for the players. However, now that we're 150 games or so into Sutter and his antics, some players may be feeling the same as they had when Murray was here.

The players are still sighing 26 months later?

Come on.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The players are still sighing 26 months later?

Come on.

Beyond ridiculous, right? Those three better get used to Sutter's boot print on their ass. I would still rather see Vey and Pearson leading Manchester to a Calder Cup than in LA if they aren't going to play regularly and play well.

Pearson stands around a lot.

If some players have already grown tired of another coach after 150 games, it's time to find out which players they are and get rid of them.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Pearson outright said he was overwhelmed with the pace of the NHL game. Why are you surprised by Sutter's comments?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad