Confirmed with Link: Kings Recall Pearson-Vey-Toffoli

KingKopitar11*

Sutter's the one looking slow here. The kids got a call up because the Kings are 4 point from dropping out of the playoffs and the team is terrible. Sutter's elite offensive plan is 2nd worst in the league. The star players go to Sochi and show they can score. I mean **** Carter is actually tied in goals with all other Canadian forwards right now.

1) Sutter can't motivate. Team was lit on fire by the firing of coach then made the conference finals in a shortened lock out season where they didn't have time to really think about it.

2) Sutter can't put together a decent offense. No excuse with the players he has to have the 2nd worse offense in the league. There are teams that are tanking putting up better numbers.

3) Sutter can't put decent line combinations together. Also kinda doesn't put his players in a situation to succeed. Toffoli playing with Fraser was just great. Putting Lewis in the shoot out/first line just ... Don't forget Martinez!

Man feels good to be getting warmed back up for Kings hockey. :laugh:

Yes DL is moneyball'n Sutter at this point.

Edit: can't wait for Lewis to get traded.

Hey who knows, you can be right. I agree with you in some points.

It's just funny Sutter calling them slow pace, when our team is probably the most slowest in the NHL in terms of pace and speed. I wonder what's fast to him lol.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
1) Sutter can't motivate. Team was lit on fire by the firing of coach then made the conference finals in a shortened lock out season where they didn't have time to really think about it.

2) Sutter can't put together a decent offense. No excuse with the players he has to have the 2nd worse offense in the league. There are teams that are tanking putting up better numbers.

3) Sutter can't put decent line combinations together. Also kinda doesn't put his players in a situation to succeed. Toffoli playing with Fraser was just great. Putting Lewis in the shoot out/first line just ... Don't forget Martinez!

1)the team still struggled for a month after the firing, it wasnt until February that they got rolling. they werent 'lit on fire' from the get go, so you really cant attribute that to the firing.

2)Sutter also cant go out there and score himself. players under performing/hitting posts/having bad puck-luck is not a representation of Sutter as a coach, its what players go through. it just so happens that a crucial group of players are collectively slumping

3)the line combinations are fine. see #2

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
So.....

When the Kings had the 9th rated offense last year, it was in spite of Sutter?

Do you think about these things before you go off half-cocked?

Welcome to the board dude or dudette and stop thinking so logically or you will spend all your time arguing with the naysayers, we sux plain and simple and sutter can't coach as well as the posters here can, I think its because a lot of these guys have rather not played organized sports and definitely have never coached even their kids tball teams or otherwise they would know better, coaches especially a guy like sutter who eats sleeps and lives hockey and hard work isn't going to stand for anyone not working hard least of all someone trying to win a spot on a STANLEY CUP CONTENDING team whether its in practice or a game and rolling their eyes to something a coach said would be addressed by greene or another vet who in reality is making his living here ................but enough BS welcome

Duc620

Mar 17, 2010
stream of consciousness response on a hockey board... very cool, yankee king... and excellent ideas as well!

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I find it funny people actually still takes what Sutter says to the media seriously.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Five pages on a recall thread. Jonesen for some hockey I guess. Probably want to work with these guys before the end of the break. Wouldn't be a shock to see 1 or two of them sent back to Manchester before they resume play.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Welcome to the board dude or dudette and stop thinking so logically or you will spend all your time arguing with the naysayers, we sux plain and simple and sutter can't coach as well as the posters here can, I think its because a lot of these guys have rather not played organized sports and definitely have never coached even their kids tball teams or otherwise they would know better, coaches especially a guy like sutter who eats sleeps and lives hockey and hard work isn't going to stand for anyone not working hard least of all someone trying to win a spot on a STANLEY CUP CONTENDING team whether its in practice or a game and rolling their eyes to something a coach said would be addressed by greene or another vet who in reality is making his living here ................but enough BS welcome

-Not with one of the worst offensense in the league.

-Do I know more then Sutter? Of course. :laugh: More importantly there are 28 other coaches in the league that know more about offense then Sutter. I'd also give Ted Nolan the benefit of the doubt because Buff is terrible and he did a great job with Latvia. So maybe even 29 other coaches that know more about scoring.

-Sutter's line up decisions directly contribute to the lack of offense.

-Sutter's slow break out offense directly contributes to the lack of offense.

It's cool... Can't wait to see what's coming. Players coming back from Sochi and trying to readjust to the Kings system. Sutter trying to figure out how to get the youth in the line up. Kings struggling to not fall out of the playoffs. It's going to be good.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
-Not with one of the worst offensense in the league.

-Do I know more then Sutter? Of course. :laugh: More importantly there are 28 other coaches in the league that know more about offense then Sutter. I'd also give Ted Nolan the benefit of the doubt because Buff is terrible and he did a great job with Latvia. So maybe even 29 other coaches that know more about scoring.

-Sutter's line up decisions directly contribute to the lack of offense.

-Sutter's slow break out offense directly contributes to the lack of offense.

It's cool... Can't wait to see what's coming. Players coming back from Sochi and trying to readjust to the Kings system. Sutter trying to figure out how to get the youth in the line up. Kings struggling to not fall out of the playoffs. It's going to be good.

Ummmm....weren't the Kings the 29th overall offensive team in the league when they won the Cup?

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Well, let's not fool ourselves. We won because of our stifling defense and JQ.

I don't think folks are fooling themselves, the Kings were 3rd in scoring in the playoffs that year. And that was with the ridiculous no-defense series played between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Philadelphia only scored 11 against NJ in their 5 games.

The Kings defense was hands down the best that year, but let's not pretend that they couldn't score and it was the only reason they won. They scored 4 or more goals in 9 out of their 16 wins. They played great on both sides of the puck.

It's just bipolar scoring at it's finest. The Kings are either a top scoring team or complete and utter crap at putting the puck in the net. All that matters for this team is that they stay in a playoff spot and start scoring down the stretch. If they do those two things, they are a scary matchup for anyone, even Chicago.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
The Kings defense was hands down the best that year, but let's not pretend that they couldn't score and it was the only reason they won.

No one's pretending that kings couldn't score. I quoted Scott who implied that it was the improved scoring that may have contributed to us winning the cup, to which I replied what I did. Scoring may have improved, but it was more or less just an icing on the cake. Defense and Quick won us the cup. Zero doubt!

donkozak

Feb 16, 2014
canada
Trio Brought To LA...

Toffoli was always coming back, his days in the AHL are over
Vey should be on the Kings, he has nothing left to do in Manchester. With that said, I worry about him being scratched
Pearson should be left in Manchester for the rest of the season

Why would the Kings bring this trio up when they have games(Manchester) this week-end? They'll need them in a weeks time though when the NHL games resume. I smell a trade. Hopefully all three remain with the Kings...

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
don kozak is what this team needs on their third line instant and constant energy

PS welcome to the board......

Last edited:

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
troffoli,black,king kopitar do you guys all work swing? posting at midnight is harmful to your health and you might see the world in a better light if you were not up so late:sarcasm

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
troffoli,black,king kopitar do you guys all work swing? posting at midnight is harmful to your health and you might see the world in a better light if you were not up so late:sarcasm

I find your comment very interesting, because there have been posters here who have referred to me as a "homer" and here you are referring to me as someone who is negative. I think I'm pretty much in the middle-a realist.

Oh, and btw, I'm old enough to have retired, so, no, i don't work the swing shift.

Luc Gretzky

Jun 24, 2012
King - Kopitar - Toffoli
Brown - Richards - Carter
Pearson - Stoll - Williams
Clifford - Lewis - Nolan

/Vey, Frattin

eh?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
You can't be serious. Please don't use an anomaly to make a point, it just looks really bad.

...and you can't be serious about judging Sutter as a coach based on late December through early February of this season, right? It just looks really bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad