Confirmed with Link: Kings re-sign Brayden Mcnabb to Two-Year Deal (1.7m Caphit)

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
i thought that's why we're here on a message board forum on the internet.
We all love this team...aren't we free to voice our opinions on said loved team?
we win 2 cups and we aren't allowed to judge dean or say anything bad?
OK!

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I've never wanted a player to prove me wrong more than Brayden. We gave up a lot to get him, & We've pretty much gone through 2 years of gross underachievement due to our lack of depth on D. 2 years of growing pains watching and waiting for this guy to figure it out. It was a weird and odd feeling seeing him out there make mistake after mistake, take penalty after penalty, get outsped and outsmarted night in and night out... it had been SO long that there was a player on this team I actually didn't like.... it was like those bad years in late 90's / pre 2010 era, where it seemed like there were about 2 or 3 players on my favorite team where I actually felt grossed out that they were on the ice.

I clicked on this link hoping to see a bunch of WTF posts, but there are a lot of people happy-ish w/ the deal. I'm not quick to jump aboard, Dean has brought us the cup HALLELUJAH, and hopefully he sees something I don't. I will be the first to eat crow IF this guy comes around and does more good than bad. Right now I see a guy that does not have the foot-speed nor the brain-speed to handle this league... but yay physicality right?

bottomline: UGH.

It seems like 1.7m doesn't get you much more than that these days. :)

I thought he did show some strong play, but was just over used. 1.7m for a 1st pairing :sarcasm: dman is a steal.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
It seems like 1.7m doesn't get you much more than that these days. :)

I thought he did show some strong play, but was just over used. 1.7m for a 1st pairing :sarcasm: dman is a steal.

:laugh: Good or bad, he did log a lot of time for the Kings last year. At a 650k cap hit that's some great value.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
At $650,000 per year, he's an excellent bottom-pairing defender with some upside. But playing him with Doughty is just lunacy. We need a right-handed second-pairing defenseman really badly.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
I was thinking 1.2 M per year would of been fair. I guess it is the market price now a days. He does hit and does stand up for his teammates, though he is a bit slow on his skates and often becomes an opponents punching bag.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I was thinking 1.2 M per year would of been fair. I guess it is the market price now a days. He does hit and does stand up for his teammates, though he is a bit slow on his skates and often becomes an opponents punching bag.

I think management sees what I'm seeing, which is a guy who is growing into that money and then some. He's getting paid on some of what he's shown but also on still potential. And I linked some comparable salaries above and he fits right in there without skipping a beat. Also keep in mind he's slightly older.

I really think he's going to break out next year (I think he started to this year but was miscast and couldn't handle the biggest minutes). I'll be the first to eat crow if he doesn't but he's gonna be a key player imo. And if I'm NOT the one eating crow, there are sure gonna be a lot of others here that will have to ;)

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
I think management sees what I'm seeing, which is a guy who is growing into that money and then some. He's getting paid on some of what he's shown but also on still potential. And I linked some comparable salaries above and he fits right in there without skipping a beat. Also keep in mind he's slightly older.

I really think he's going to break out next year (I think he started to this year but was miscast and couldn't handle the biggest minutes). I'll be the first to eat crow if he doesn't but he's gonna be a key player imo. And if I'm NOT the one eating crow, there are sure gonna be a lot of others here that will have to ;)

I hear ya Raccoon. Many here said AMart was not a top 4, and I always argued the opposite. Still think I'm right on that one. But back to McNabb, one game, yes just one game is sketched in my memory. Kings lost something like 3-2. In that game, McNabb carried the puck from behind his net, and poked himself out from the post and made a pass up the center of the ice in the Kings zone, which of course was intercepted by the opponent and just like that the game was gone. Even after the game Sean O'Donnell said, "it's just one game" for McNabb meaning no big deal, but after that, I just had no confidence in his decision making. Here is hoping though that I'm proven wrong :popcorn:

Good night bud,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad