Confirmed with Link: Kings re-sign Brayden Mcnabb to Two-Year Deal (1.7m Caphit)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Defensemen with similar cap hits:

Yannick Weber 1.5
Ehrhoff 1.5
Eric Gelinas 1.575
Nick Holden 1.650
John Moore 1.666
Mike Weber 1.667
Matt Bartkowski 1.750
Calvin DeHaan 1.967
Wiercioch, Jackman, Orlov at 2

Fair company given age, role, and contract status.

Prince

Jun 18, 2003
Visit site
Not the person i thought was going to sign first but nice to see them getting some stuff done early. Not a bad figure all things considered
Similar to Toffoli last year, get the small one first, then you know what you have work with and you can focus on the big one.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Holy cow, I must say I am shocked at this response so far. When I saw on facebook that McNabb has been re-signed, I thought "oh boy, the board must be going apoplectic" :laugh:

Seems like a good deal to me btw.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
If he can start putting together smart play with his punishing hits, this is a fantastic deal. If he can't, well it's not like it's a ton of money or a long term deal. Perhaps knowing the team has some confidence in him will lead him to be more confident on the ice.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Nice to see Lombardi get back on track and have something workout. :)

Edit: Contract length is perfect, 2 years ending in UFA so there's little chance an expansion team will bother due to no length on the contract.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
If he can start putting together smart play with his punishing hits, this is a fantastic deal. If he can't, well it's not like it's a ton of money or a long term deal. Perhaps knowing the team has some confidence in him will lead him to be more confident on the ice.

Seemed like he was on his way to a promising season as a King his first season here, until Sutter inexplicably decided to scratch him in favor of a rusty Matt Greene. Then it went all downhill from there for McNabb.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Once he gains back his confidence and starts putting together his offensive game, this deal will be a bargain.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Deal is fair for both sides.

McNabb just needs proper minutes, and a proper role.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Nice to see Lombardi get back on track and have something workout. :)

Edit: Contract length is perfect, 2 years ending in UFA so there's little chance an expansion team will bother due to no length on the contract.
It's not like they wouldn't be able to use him for a year of they took him. Or could take then trade.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
The Deal is fair for both sides.

McNabb just needs proper minutes, and a proper role.

Don't mind the deal if he is our #5 guy that can slip up for short stints if needed

For those that have seen Gravel more than I, would Gravels IQ, calmness, reach and speed mesh well with McNabbs power, size and somewhat limited mobility? If so it is a cheap bottom pairing.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
This deal seems fine, now we just gotta keep him on the bottom pairing where he belongs

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Not that this was unexpected, but it puts another piece in place, and 4 of the 7 defenseman locked in. Could be as many as 6 if we assume Scuderi doesn't get stashed in Ontario, and Kevin Gravel likely seeing regular minutes next year.

I personally don't think Greene is gonna see a regular role, if he plays at all in the remaining 2 years on his deal. He's probably more valuable being stashed on LTIR and getting his $2.5M cap hit back.

Last edited:

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
It's a good bridge contract. He obviously brings a good level of physicality to his game, but needs some work before being offered a longer term contract. So with that in mind, we need to find a top pairing D Man to better solidify the back end.
I'm even okay if Schenn resigns provided he is played as a 5th or 6th role. He had some good plays in the playoffs.... Hope Matt Greene pulls through....

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
He's a solid player with room to grow. He just needs to know that everything he doesn't isn'y going to find his ass on the bench. We've seen play like that of an above average player for extendeds period of time. I am satisfied with the deal.

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
I've never wanted a player to prove me wrong more than Brayden. We gave up a lot to get him, & We've pretty much gone through 2 years of gross underachievement due to our lack of depth on D. 2 years of growing pains watching and waiting for this guy to figure it out. It was a weird and odd feeling seeing him out there make mistake after mistake, take penalty after penalty, get outsped and outsmarted night in and night out... it had been SO long that there was a player on this team I actually didn't like.... it was like those bad years in late 90's / pre 2010 era, where it seemed like there were about 2 or 3 players on my favorite team where I actually felt grossed out that they were on the ice.

I clicked on this link hoping to see a bunch of WTF posts, but there are a lot of people happy-ish w/ the deal. I'm not quick to jump aboard, Dean has brought us the cup HALLELUJAH, and hopefully he sees something I don't. I will be the first to eat crow IF this guy comes around and does more good than bad. Right now I see a guy that does not have the foot-speed nor the brain-speed to handle this league... but yay physicality right?

bottomline: UGH.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I'm not quick to jump aboard, Dean has brought us the cup HALLELUJAH, and hopefully he sees something I don't.

Dean 'The Mad Scientist' brought us two Stanley Cups actually, thank you very much. :bow:

...and that's why he's a GM while you are posting on a forum on the intranet.

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
Someone posted that Mcnabb had some offence to his game in the WHL. I just looked it up. He was a PPG player in 2010-2011. He had a monster playoffs that year. Hopefully he can recapture some of that as a King.

6-7-2016%203-02-45%20PM_zps454pgqy1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad