| GP | G | A | Pts | PIM
Mikey Eyssimont|St. Cloud State, NCHC|18|9|7|16|14
Matt Roy|Michigan Tech, WCHA|24|2|10|12|62
Steven Johnson|Minnesota, Big Ten|17|0|8|8|6

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kale really is fun to watch. I half heartedly asked if he's similar to Martinez a while back and minus one poster who was really down on him for his play in his own end everyone said he compared favorably with maybe a higher ceiling but similar to McKeown he didn't have much of an 'identity' (though a few other posters chimed in to point out his elite skating). I think this tournament is showing how he can think and play at a high level at least. Loving it.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Is Austin Wagner another Craig Johnson? Reddenkopp seems to be opening some eyes and has looked good in previous rookie camps. Luff seems to have some pro potential and Watson will be a good addition at the end of the season for ONT and for next year.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
(Corey Pronman))) ‏@coreypronman 5h5 hours ago
Top 3 players in tournament for Slovakia as selected by coaches: Adam Huska (NYR) Erik Cernak (LAK) Martin Fehervary (2018)

Cernak is captain, too. Sounds like he will be ready for Ontario AHL next year.

Cernak, who is the captain of his country’s squad this year, has showcased his raw ability at this tournament despite Slovakia’s 1-0-0-3 finish in the round robin.

With excellent reach and superb defensive abilities, Cernak is arguably the brighest spot in the future of Slovakian hockey. In addition, he isn’t afraid to use his 6-foot-3 frame. Despite playing in just his second year in North America (with the OHL’s Erie Otters), we could see the 19-year-old playing professionally next season whether it would be with the AHL‘s Ontario Reign or even the Manchester Monarchs of the ECHL.

“I feel stronger at this tournament because, you know, I have more skill than ever,†the Slovak captain said. “Every World Juniors has been different and right now, that’s good because we beat Latvia [which clinched a spot in the quarters] and we’re really ood now.â€

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Is Austin Wagner another Craig Johnson? Reddekopp seems to be opening some eyes and has looked good in previous rookie camps. Luff seems to have some pro potential and Watson will be a good addition at the end of the season for ONT and for next year.

Watson with another decent weekend, 2G 2A in 2 games. He's still averaging a goal per game. Luff with 2G 3A in his two games. Both performing well considering they came back from substantial injuries.

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
CHL
Player​
|
Team, League​
| GP | G | A | Pts | PIM | +/-
Austin Wagner|Regina, WHL|37|20|23|43|57|+33
Chaz Reddekopp|Victoria, WHL|42|9|28|37|61|+16
Matt Luff|Hamilton, OHL|28|16|18|34|23|+15
Kale Clague|Brandon, WHL|30|4|21|25|18|-1
Jacob Moverare|Mississauga, OHL|40|1|21|22|12|+15
Matt Schmalz|Owen Sound, OHL|40|11|11|22|39|+1
Spencer Watson|Mississauga, OHL|18|13|6|19|6|+10
Jacob Friend|Owen Sound, OHL|40|2|10|12|54|+25
Erik Cernak|Erie, OHL|27|1|8|9|36|+17

NCAA
Player​
|
Team, Conference​
| GP | G | A | Pts | PIM
Mikey Eyssimont|St. Cloud State, NCHC|24|10|12|22|18
Matt Roy|Michigan Tech, WCHA|27|3|12|15|66
Steven Johnson|Minnesota, Big Ten|21|0|9|9|6

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
(Corey Pronman))) ‏@coreypronman 5h5 hours ago
Top 3 players in tournament for Slovakia as selected by coaches: Adam Huska (NYR) Erik Cernak (LAK) Martin Fehervary (2018)

Cernak is captain, too. Sounds like he will be ready for Ontario AHL next year.

Cernak, who is the captain of his country’s squad this year, has showcased his raw ability at this tournament despite Slovakia’s 1-0-0-3 finish in the round robin.

With excellent reach and superb defensive abilities, Cernak is arguably the brighest spot in the future of Slovakian hockey. In addition, he isn’t afraid to use his 6-foot-3 frame. Despite playing in just his second year in North America (with the OHL’s Erie Otters), we could see the 19-year-old playing professionally next season whether it would be with the AHL‘s Ontario Reign or even the Manchester Monarchs of the ECHL.

“I feel stronger at this tournament because, you know, I have more skill than ever,†the Slovak captain said. “Every World Juniors has been different and right now, that’s good because we beat Latvia [which clinched a spot in the quarters] and we’re really good now.â€

But here in Slovakia the fans were very disappointed with his performance on WJC. Dont know, if you saw the games. I did. And trully to say, i was not very impressed. Actually, i asked my self, what did the Kings see on this guy?
He is big, thats true, but it is all?

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
But here in Slovakia the fans were very disappointed with his performance on WJC. Dont know, if you saw the games. I did. And trully to say, i was not very impressed. Actually, i asked my self, what did the Kings see on this guy?
He is big, thats true, but it is all?

If I had to guess, I'd say it was two things..... 1) He's a RHD, and 2) He's looking like a good replacement for Greene, at least physically. I miss the Matt Greene from 2008-2013..... Cernak can be that guy all over again.

Last edited:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Luff with another good game, only guy on his team with over a ppg average. He was out with that injury, but his scoring rate would put him top 20 in scoring. Hopefully he keeps progressing.

Reddekopp continues to impress. He's always had great size and is now breaking out offensively. I think he's definitely going to be an AHL player, and could get a serious look in a few years if he keeps it up.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Reddekopp continues to impress. He's always had great size and is now breaking out offensively. I think he's definitely going to be an AHL player, and could get a serious look in a few years if he keeps it up.

True! He's scoring 0.88 points per game ...... as a defenseman! And he's huge (6'4", 220)..... Too bad he's not a RHD..... even still, impressive progression.

:yo:

Future 3rd line D pairing of....

Rent-A-Cop / Cernak ???? :handclap:

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
True! He's scoring 0.88 points per game ...... as a defenseman! And he's huge (6'4", 220)..... Too bad he's not a RHD..... even still, impressive progression.

:yo:

Future 3rd line D pairing of....

Rent-A-Cop / Cernak ???? :handclap:

Funny thing, Reddekopp was always the epitome of the "safe" type of guy to pick. Limited offensive upside, OK skating, but pretty good in his own zone. Nothing flashy, pretty smart player. Just your typical solid SAH type. Now that he's really developed his own zone play, his offensive play is emerging, which wasn't really expected by most. Had he shown some offensive instincts earlier, I think he would have been a fourth rounder at worst, more likely 2nd or 3rd. I don't expect him to ever be dominant, but he's certainly upped his ceiling in my eyes from a longshot to a surefire AHL'er who could eventually earn a roster slot at the NHL level.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Hey, should we draft this guy? He's a RHD, 20-years-old, his points have increased dramatically from last year.... +39 .... and he could probably be had somewhere between the 2nd and 5th rounds ..... what's not to like? Oh yeah .... the BEST part....his name is RADDISH!!!! :P

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=162334&encode=TRUE

Erie has an impressive scoring team this year, so its not surprising to see a jump in numbers for just about everyone. His brother Taylor has been a beast this year, and DeBrincat has been on fire.

Not to say he wouldn't be worth a look, but it's hard to say how much of it is due to being an overager on a dominant team.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Hey, should we draft this guy? He's a RHD, 20-years-old, his points have increased dramatically from last year.... +39 .... and he could probably be had somewhere between the 2nd and 5th rounds ..... what's not to like? Oh yeah .... the BEST part....his name is RADDISH!!!! :P

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=162334&encode=TRUE

Most players see a significant jump in their overage year. Most of the time it means nothing at all and they do not have NHL potential. I have not seen enough of the guy to make that determination, but overage stats are always something to be wary of.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Yes, Darren Raddysh can be signed immediately and I think he will get an NHL contract somewhere.

Certainly I agree big numbers as an OA are something to be wary if but if you look at his stats, they have been very good the past three seasons, this season has just been something special.

I'm not sure what his long term potential is but I think he is certainly worth a chance as a free prospect.

As for Cernak, though he is not putting up big offensive numbers, his play is noticeably better this season, especially his ability as a puck mover. I expect him to stick in the AHL next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad