• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Voting Results:
1. Brandt Clarke, D (98.8%)

Added: Alex Laferriere

As always, vote and nominate who should replace him.

The players who can be added:
Angus Booth
Ryan Conmy
Kenny Connors
Braden Doyle
Samuel Helenius
Jack Hughes
Aatu Jamsen
Cole Krygier
Kaleb Lawrence
Andre Lee
Tyler Madden
Matthew Mania
Juho Markkanen
Ben Meehan
Jacob Moverare
Kim Nousiainen
Otto Salin
Bulat Shafigullin
Kasper Simontaival
Hampton Slukynsky
Jack Sparkes
Taylor Ward
Jared Wright

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Ok, this is legit.
I accept my dummy award and will play on.
Going with Pinelli.
Seems to have the most upside
Add Moverare
Not sure any other adds have as good a chance to make it to the NHL.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I could make cases for Chromiak, Pinelli, and Fagemo (I went Chromiak). I can't rank Turcotte higher than any of them except for draft pedigree. There's just not enough evidence for it.
Even with missing some many games Turcotte amd Fagemo have almost identical PPG average and both ahead of Chromiak.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I struggled with this. It doesn't feel right to go with Turcotte based on all the injuries and such, but looking at the rest of the guys on the list they all have their own question marks and seem to be very close to each other. I'm sure if every single person on our forum was asked to list the top 10 we'd get so many different lists whereas in previous years I'd think most of us would be on the same wave length and there wouldn't be too much differentiation.

Ended up going with Turcotte simply based on the potential and draft status, but I'm not holding onto that very tightly.

Add Connors.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I could make cases for Chromiak, Pinelli, and Fagemo (I went Chromiak). I can't rank Turcotte higher than any of them except for draft pedigree. There's just not enough evidence for it.
This is what I love about these polls and discussions. People can make good arguments about several, even with the additions.

People have different criteria for how they rate prospects. Some go by NHL readiness, some go by potential. Some factor in positional strength.

People can definitely make different cases, including Turcotte. I'm hoping to read some!

Reactions: Lt Dan

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
What info you got on Jamsen?
Any recent links?
Had the highest PPG on his Finish Elite League team as a 20yo. Pretty impressive.

Had and "upper body" injury late in the year that derailed him a bit. Likely a concussion.

He's listed as 6'2" but only 157lbs. So lots of room for physical development.

I assume the Kings will offer him a contract at some point.

Another 7th round hit for the Kings?

• Love
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
If he hits his potential, Turcotte and ainec. If he continues on the injury train and fully busts, I’d say maybe Dvorak? Honestly the prospect pool doesn’t look so hot anymore. Maybe it’s just me.

Add Simontaival.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Dvorak is a low-ceiling pick based of the needs of the team right now, who was picked because of his size.

I couldn’t be less excited about a 2nd rounder if I tried.

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
Votes Portillo, add Helenius.

It’s incredible how hard of a time I had picking a second best prospect and not because there were lots of great choices. I don’t know shit about Portillo but just know he has some moderate clout league wide and that it’s a huge organizational need which boosted him up.

Reactions: Schrute farms

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Found this to be interesting
1688575092674.png

Reactions: Schrute farms

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I never considered Turcotte's upside super high. It was always 50-60pts two way center.

Reactions: Telos

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Found this to be interesting
View attachment 726381
I mean, obviously, we had a black hole for a goalie pipeline for a while but adding Portillo and Slukynsky means there is at least something there for right now :P

But our forward group is still pretty decent, especially from a depth perspective, and Turcotte still has his skill and tenacity which never left him. The question with him is can he translate it to the NHL and stay healthy? Anything we get from him is a bonus at this point.

And defense is still a strong pipeline. Despite all the trades, they still have Clarke, Spence, Bjornfot, Nousiainen, Moverare, and now Dvorak and Mania.

All in all, middle of the pack sounds about right.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Quite the drop off after Clarke. I opted with Pinelli over Turcotte because he seems to be more of a legit prospect because he's not a fragile china doll. In my eyes, Turcotte has fallen off a cliff, and he's not made to play hockey at this level. The kid is one Radko Gudas preseason hit away from having his career ended.

He's missed significantly chunks of games in every season since his draft year thanks to injuries. If he's considered the second best prospect in the pipeline, Lord help us.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
And defense is still a strong pipeline. Despite all the trades, they still have Clarke, Spence, Bjornfot, Nousiainen, Moverare, and now Dvorak and Mania.
as well as Kirill Kirsanov (hopefully).

Reactions: Telos

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I mean, obviously, we had a black hole for a goalie pipeline for a while but adding Portillo and Slukynsky means there is at least something there for right now :P

But our forward group is still pretty decent, especially from a depth perspective, and Turcotte still has his skill and tenacity which never left him. The question with him is can he translate it to the NHL and stay healthy? Anything we get from him is a bonus at this point.

All in all, middle of the pack sounds about right.
I know there’s the Russian factor but Kirill Kirsanov is the real deal and is possibly our 2nd best Dman prospect.. I’ve seen comps from Voynov to Orlov for the kid

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00