Pre-Game Talk: Kings @ Leafs Monday Oct 23rd 7pm Start

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I think Leafs will bring their A game. They usually play well against the top teams. Kings look great though, it won't be easy.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think Leafs will bring their A game. They usually play well against the top teams. Kings look great though, it won't be easy.
Agreed 100% - these are some great looking men

anze-kopitar-2017-40.jpg

tyler_toffoli_los_angeles.jpg

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Last night's game was going to happen at some point, we just werent playing great team hockey even though we were winning.
Ottawa is a really underrated team whos plays good structured hockey, is deep and come to play almost every night. Leafs just hadnt played a team that can stiffle you as much as Ottawa and I felt like our compete level wasnt good enough in the first 2 periods. If we continue down the road of super speedy/skilled team (which I have no problems) than games like last night or even the LA will be tough tests. Those teams that play ultra basic but are very strong north south teams and will battle you for the puck all over will always be our kryptinite. Not saying we wont beat them but I will have way more worries going against these teams vs teams who want to play a similar game to us. Our backend and some of our forwards could really get exposed in the type of games like last night.

Good thing is we're super young and green. I think last nights loss will be the perfect wakeup call for the Leafs and give Babcock a great platform to say "You guys arent nearly as good as the hype and you need to start playing better as a team or we will get our lunchs handed to us by some elite teams".

Our vets need to be better. I dont care what the stats say but JVR, Bozak and Komarov just arent bringing a ton at the moment.

This next stretch of hockey is going to be tough. Last night vs OTT, tomorrow vs LA, vs a talented CAR team, PHI playing well and after that a ugly westcoast roadtrip.

We will learn alot about this years group in the next 7-8 games me thinks.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Last night's game was going to happen at some point, we just werent playing great team hockey even though we were winning.
Ottawa is a really underrated team whos plays good structured hockey, is deep and come to play almost every night. Leafs just hadnt played a team that can stiffle you as much as Ottawa and I felt like our compete level wasnt good enough in the first 2 periods. If we continue down the road of super speedy/skilled team (which I have no problems) than games like last night or even the LA will be tough tests. Those teams that play ultra basic but are very strong north south teams and will battle you for the puck all over will always be our kryptinite. Not saying we wont beat them but I will have way more worries going against these teams vs teams who want to play a similar game to us. Our backend and some of our forwards could really get exposed in the type of games like last night.

Good thing is we're super young and green. I think last nights loss will be the perfect wakeup call for the Leafs and give Babcock a great platform to say "You guys arent nearly as good as the hype and you need to start playing better as a team or we will get our lunchs handed to us by some elite teams".

Our vets need to be better. I dont care what the stats say but JVR, Bozak and Komarov just arent bringing a ton at the moment.

This next stretch of hockey is going to be tough. Last night vs OTT, tomorrow vs LA, vs a talented CAR team, PHI playing well and after that a ugly westcoast roadtrip.

We will learn alot about this years group in the next 7-8 games me thinks.

That's why I think all this talk about being a SC favourite was so premature. This team is still developing. Having said that, my positive side is starting to come out again and I think that the Leafs will play a solid game tomorrow and beat the Kings.

Reactions: MapleLeafs77

weems

Jul 3, 2008
That's why I think all this talk about being a SC favourite was so premature. This team is still developing. Having said that, my positive side is starting to come out again and I think that the Leafs will play a solid game tomorrow and beat the Kings.

Last nights games are good for us tho. Big games and intensity early on in a rising teams timeline is great because it shows all the young players the level they have to play at to beat the very best. People might not think OTT is an elite team but they certainly play as hard and together as arguably any team in the league.

One thing is I wouldnt be one bit suprised that the team we see today and what we see game 65 could look different.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
At this point we've played the Babcock system for 2 preseasons and 96 NHL games, no excuses at this point. Put in the effort and play the right way.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
RIP chances of seeing Dermott play any games this year.
Rosen and Borgman are with the main squad. There was no chance of seeing Dermott play any games this year with the Leafs. Not unless we suffered catastrophic defensive injuries and in that case signing Polak doesn't change anything.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Not very optimistic about getting enough points out of this 5-game segment tbh..

This next stretch is rough (partly due to the westcoast road trip) but we also have to play @ STL to finish it off. Now both SJ and ANA either dont look as good as previous years or are injured but its still going to be long and difficult.

vs LA
vs CAR
vs PHI
@ SJ
@ANA
@LA (2nd of back to back)
@STL
VS Vegas

Lots of tough games in there.

But our JAN schedule is one of the best I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadasTeam

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino