Pre-Game Talk: Kings @ Leafs Monday Oct 23rd 7pm Start

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Well hopefully the Leafs shook off the dust of that Ottawa game - and will remember how to be aggressive from the start. Kings play heavy but Carter is gone - but Quick is back and is sparkling (As is Kopitar)

it was around this time last year, where the Kings smacked the leafs 7-0 (then Babcock made the leafs skate in the dark for shame). but it was the stinker they needed to really get on the tracks for a while.

a trademark last year was that we didn't have too many stinkers in a row. nor did we often lose two games in a row. Let's see if this trend continues.

Play hard - and it's a WC team so at least strive for the point, but two would be better to get back on track on pace for the division

i reckon the only change we'll see is Fehr in (but Borgman probably will stay in vs. Rosen due to the Kings nature)

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Leafs better clean up that D zone coverage or they're getting curpstomped

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I am going to repeat myself - they need to be better defensively

They need to be better defensively but not by much. Last night the forwards were just as big an issue as the defense.

Leafs better clean up that D zone coverage or they're getting curpstomped

Kings don't trap. They have a heavy team. We'll be fine.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
They need to be better defensively but not by much. Last night the forwards were just as big an issue as the defense.

Kings don't trap. They have a heavy team. We'll be fine.

We still can't be sloppy

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
This team usually follows up a stinker with a strong performance. So I'm a little optimistic.

Jeff Carter down will hurt their depth.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
brown and kopi look rejuvenated and quick is playing elite. leafs have a slim chance to win imo

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I am not afraid of anyone in the league honestly. We can beat anyone in the league. If anything other teams should be afraid of us with our crazy offence that can strike 3 goals in like five mins.

With that said, some teams we have problems with like the sens and montreal and la where they play defensively and try to frustrate the other team.

Leafs should come out flying. I am hoping for a breakout game for mitch. We need him going.

Looking forward to the buds coming back strong.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Just like Ottawa was not going to go winless at home forever, LA can't stay unbeaten in regulation forever. I think Leafs hand the Kings their first regulation loss tomorrow.
i think ottawa hands the kings their first regulation loss on tuesday and the kings beat the leafs.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
We need to be better defensively. Babcock said we gave up 17 chances against last night. That is ridiculous. People still blame andersen though.

If we cant clean it up a little bit and be decent defensively then watch out nhl.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
We need to be better defensively. Babcock said we gave up 17 chances against last night. That is ridiculous. People still blame andersen though.

If we cant clean it up a little bit and be decent defensively then watch out nhl.
well andersen is quite liable. when the leafs scored their 2nd and 3rd goals, he immediately gave up a goal right after. as a goalie you need to make those stops to keep the momentum for your team.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’d like to see JVR and Marleau swapped.

Just tired of seeing JVR and Bozak’s lack of effort on the same line

Reactions: PromisedLand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad