Pre-Game Talk: Kings @ Leafs Monday Oct 23rd 7pm Start

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I just want to forget last game, it was a bad game there is no doubt and the criticism is justified. This is a long season and we are going to see some sloppy efforts but I am sure in the end we are going to see a successful campaign and I am pretty positive about that.

I am pretty sure this team is going to be much better tonight against the Kings

Go Leafs Go

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Not to be a negative Norm....but I've got a bad feeling about this hockey match. GLG

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Not to be a negative Norm....but I've got a bad feeling about this hockey match. GLG

We need at worst, a point out of this game.....or else we become 6-3 and the start to the year becomes a bit more underwhelming. Basically, if we lose in regulation, we're not at the top of the mountain anymore. Right now, we are perched near the top of the conference.

Every game seems like a "must-win" nowadays though

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Need Polak in the lineup to avoid being bullied by the big Kings team.

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Borgman - Polak

I hope.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
We need at worst, a point out of this game.....or else we become 6-3 and the start to the year becomes a bit more underwhelming. Basically, if we lose in regulation, we're not at the top of the mountain anymore. Right now, we are perched near the top of the conference.

Every game seems like a "must-win" nowadays though

Well I wouldn't call a .667 winning percentage underwhelming, but I get it, it's not 8-1.

It's a long season, all this hype about Cup odds and shit after 7 games was ridiculous.

Reactions: Elephanto

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
They need to be better defensively but not by much. Last night the forwards were just as big an issue as the defense.

Kings don't trap. They have a heavy team. We'll be fine.

Yeah, we do great against heavy teams like LA, Anaheim and Columbus....oh wait.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Yeah, we do great against heavy teams like LA, Anaheim and Columbus....oh wait.
They have historically dominated Anaheim and outside of last year the Leafs generally split the season series with LA as well. If I remember correctly they choked away the second LA game in a shootout last year after having a lead in regulation.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
They have historically dominated Anaheim and outside of last year the Leafs generally split the season series with LA as well. If I remember correctly they choked away the second LA game in a shootout last year after having a lead in regulation.

When I think of big teams, I have nightmares about the Leafs playing Columbus. It's like watching men play against boys.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
When I think of big teams, I have nightmares about the Leafs playing Columbus. It's like watching men play against boys.
Yeah we do poorly against Columbus. We did have one good game last year where we dominated them, but generally speaking only Kadri and Komarov seem to handle that physical play well enough to sustain any pressure while the rest of the team struggles a bit.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Interesting note for the game today:

Leafs have the top scoring offense in the league and the Kings allow the fewest goals per game.

Will be interesting to see who comes out on top. Hoping that disaster in Ottawa keeps us focused and motivated for tonight

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4