Post-Game Talk: Kings laugh, Jets win 6-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
I never understood why people complain about empty net points, usually if you get them that means you solidified the win for your team.

Also it’s weird that you never hear people complaining about empty net points when it comes to KC even though over the last 3 seasons he has the most empty net goals and points.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I never understood why people complain about empty net points, usually if you get them that means you solidified the win for your team.

Also it’s weird that you never hear people complaining about empty net points when it comes to KC even though over the last 3 seasons he has the most empty net goals and points
I care more about how bad of a game Wheeler had, he wasn't alone but man he gave the puck away and just played bad. The good news out of this game is i haven't seen our bottom 6 play that well in a while.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Too many issues to list so I won't even try

Helle steals one - again.
Take it and run.

See you all in the little rink tomorrow night - should be interesting
Kinda funny to hear a Jet fan make fun of the size of another team's arena.

Reactions: Jet

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Bit of a stolen game there, but I liked the second.

Hell boy did his job, et voila.
The first period set the bar pretty low but the 2nd was better than the first. The 2nd period was still far from good.

The bottom 6 played pretty well. I think we can attribute that to our coaches which is nice to see.

Reactions: kanadalainen

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
The first period set the bar pretty low but the 2nd was better than the first. The 2nd period was still far from good.

The bottom 6 played pretty well. I think we can attribute that to our coaches which is nice to see.

Its very nice to see. When the unsung excel, the team will do very well indeed. I really cannot conspire to tie my knickers in a knot when the team comes back to win a game like this.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I care more about how bad of a game Wheeler had, he wasn't alone but man he gave the puck away and just played bad. The good news out of this game is i haven't seen our bottom 6 play that well in a while.

Thankfully the bottom six did play well. I know it's still early in the season and the Jets are doing well all things considered (new coaches, absent head coach, Ehlers out, quality opponents). However, I agree with your comment about Wheeler. To my eye (I have no clue as to how his analytics are looking.), Wheeler is slower, fumbles the puck more, and seems less agile than in the past. I understand that he's traditionally a slow starter but I am concerned. When Ehlers returns, I'd consider a revamping of the top six which might include demotions for Appleton and Wheeler which would mess with the bottom six....maybe not a "bad problem" to have. Of course, it's easy to be critical from, my vantage point (my sofa with a beer in my hand, last night not this morning).

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
And Scheifele has been very good so far this year.
If Chef keeps playing this way, I can break out My Scheifele Heritage Jersey and wear it again....

I went to bed after the first...

Woke up at 3 am and watched the recording...

Chaotic, but great outcome... Helle is a thief...

Shout out to Jets who played well in spite of possible gaffs that helped put the Jets behind the 8 ball...

Helle of course... Dubois he made up for his repeated noodle stick gaffs... Barron was great all night as was Lurch and Sak Man... Jo Mo was a force in transition... and Flowbee was a constant pest and got an ugly goal...

On to the Mullet Arena...

giphy.gif

PS... the Laffs lost to San Jose.... :laugh:

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Also it’s weird that you never hear people complaining about empty net points when it comes to KC even though over the last 3 seasons he has the most empty net goals and points.
You don't hear much about KFC's defensive deficiencies either...don't hear much about how many games Ehlers misses due to injury in a season either.

Reactions: Stumbledore

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i still am a bit concerned of this top-pair for the long run this year, really this team defensively as a whole. samberg also didn't look good this game either. no one really looks good in a game you get out-shot 44-19 though, but thought samberg should've at least been a bit more steady given who the much maligned alternative is. stanley did play relatively well the game prior.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
i still am a bit concerned of this top-pair for the long run this year, really this team defensively as a whole. samberg also didn't look good this game either. no one really looks good in a game you get out-shot 44-19 though, but thought samberg should've at least been a bit more steady given who the much maligned alternative is. stanley did play relatively well the game prior.
Samberg did struggle a bit last night but it can't be easy playing once every 4 games especially for a young defenseman .

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Samberg did struggle a bit last night but it can't be easy playing once every 4 games especially for a young defenseman .
Yeah that's something to consider for sure. Especially against a team id consider that plays a quicker puck movement game like the kings. Reminds me of heinola last year getting his that game against FLA after sitting for like 2-3 weeks?

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Yeah that's something to consider for sure. Especially against a team id consider that plays a quicker puck movement game like the kings. Reminds me of heinola last year getting his that game against FLA after sitting for like 2-3 weeks?

Yep -- and that was pretty much all she wrote.

I think the pecking order now is pretty clear, but it would be nice to see someone on that 3rd pairing get in a decent run of games. I'm not sure Samberg is 100%, based on some of the difficulty he seemed to have last night with acceleration and some pivots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad