Post-Game Talk: Kings laugh, Jets win 6-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
exiting the d zone cleanly is something i've noticed our dmen/team struggle with this year. whether it be passing or puck-carrying. i believe this what leads to those extended shifts of the opponents in our zone and chances against. need to clean that up.
Teams that forecheck like LA, make it very difficult for dmen - they don't get a lot of time which leads to bad reads / decisions or rushed plays. We're fine when there is less pressure - but that's not where the league is heading. I hope our forwards were paying attention -

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Teams that forecheck like LA, make it very difficult for dmen - they don't get a lot of time which leads to bad reads / decisions or rushed plays. We're fine when there is less pressure - but that's not where the league is heading. I hope our forwards were paying attention -

This was the other part of my post. They are thinking about where they have to pass the puck, which means it's not an inherent skill they have. If you are naturally intuitive in the position, you know where the soft ice will be, who can skate into the puck from where you are passing, and whether the safer option might be to just protect the puck and skate past the forecheck. If it's not a natural inclination, you have to think about it and place the shot. That gives forecheckers far more time to get into passing lanes and to isolate the defender on the boards. It's become a real issue.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
:sarcasm:

ctv-news-winnipeg.jpg
But 5-4 is absolutely correct too.

The Jets PK was very aggressive, Against a really good PP they would have been burned.

Reactions: Guardian17

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Unfortunately samberg wasn’t better than the encumbent. He really needs to run away with chances not at best be as good as the guy who already has the job.
While it is true that he has to be better, that game should not even be a data point when the entire team is that bad. You just can't judge much from his play under those circumstances.

Reactions: CorgisPer60

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
While it is true that he has to be better, that game should not even be a data point when the entire team is that bad. You just can't judge much from his play under those circumstances.
But the rest of the team aren’t playing for their positions.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
he had a good game against the avs in which he got injured it was his first game back where the whole team played like crap, I'm sure the coaching staff will be far more patient with him then some of the people on hfjets

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Sure - but the rest of the team is putting him in bad situations making life tougher on him. And it was his first game back from injury, only his 2nd game of the season.
Go ahead and judge him. He hasn't made it impossible for the coaches to sit him. Just don't base it on that game. And if he sits for the next 4-5 games and then gets 1 more, don't base your judgement on that either. He needs to be given a decent run of games. Of course, if he is really terrible he won't get that but if that happens I think we will know why he doesn't get more games.

Reactions: Jack7222

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He’s just a very average defence man who has yet to attain reliability. Our other unreliable defensemen seem to at least bring something else (puck moving ability, physical play, etc.). He needs to find his niche.
When i first read this i thought you said he needs to find his gitch . :laugh:

Reactions: Stumbledore

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
he had a good game against the avs in which he got injured it was his first game back where the whole team played like crap, I'm sure the coaching staff will be far more patient with him then some of the people on hfjets
If the team played like crap when Stanley is on the hfjets board would be like shoot him to the moon being up next guy.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Couldn't watch the game as I was occupied but on the highlights PLD and Perfetti looked terrible on a bunch of goals against.

The whole team looked terrible for 59 minutes. PLD got stripped on the 4th goal but Samberg was also wildly out of position.

Reactions: Stumbledore

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
I never understood why people complain about empty net points, usually if you get them that means you solidified the win for your team.

Also it’s weird that you never hear people complaining about empty net points when it comes to KC even though over the last 3 seasons he has the most empty net goals and points.
Lol
Ol point a game Wheezer empty netter.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Sure - but the rest of the team is putting him in bad situations making life tougher on him. And it was his first game back from injury, only his 2nd game of the season.
Go ahead and judge him. He hasn't made it impossible for the coaches to sit him. Just don't base it on that game. And if he sits for the next 4-5 games and then gets 1 more, don't base your judgement on that either. He needs to be given a decent run of games. Of course, if he is really terrible he won't get that but if that happens I think we will know why he doesn't get more games.
But players like Taney ran with any small chance to get in. That’s how you unseat the encumbent. If samberg played in nhl first then Stanley isn’t good enough to replace him but if there are two guys neither has distanced himself you use the guy you are already using.
It’s not that I’m even in love with Stanley after seeing his last game I thought he can go he is way too slow. I’m just a bit disappointed with Samberg especially with the way how we rave about our prospects I thought he’d come in and be a replacement for Dillion. That we had two top 4 guys in Samberg and Heinola and that Stan was fine as a 7th d who just eats popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad