Pre-Game Talk: Kings @ Jets - March 1 - 3PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
@WiebeSunSports: Blake Wheeler is out on the ice with his #NHLJets teammates this morning

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@WiebeSunSports: Blake Wheeler is out on the ice with his #NHLJets teammates this morning

Roster move if he can go tomorrow. Klingberg waivers?

@WiebeSunSports: Adam Pardy is back wearing a red D-man jersey after playing a bit on fourth line the other night and killing penalties on D #NHLJets

What happened to 91-55-12?

@WiebeSunSports: Early line rushes for #NHLJets are: Ladd-Little-Frolik, Thorburn-Lowry-Wheeler, Galiardi-Slater-Peluso

Edit looks like oversight

@WiebeSunSports: #NHLJets forward group still includes Tlusty-Scheifele-Stafford as well

@WiebeSunSports: #NHLJets D pairs: Harrison-Byfuglien, Enstrom-Myers and Stuart-Trouba. Pardy and Postma look like the extras

Last edited:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
My guess is Wheeler will be flying tomorrow, he needed to recharge and I think it will serve him well from here on out. Jets need him to be one of their best players down the stretch.

White Out 403*

Hoping for the best. OOT is cooperating so lets help ourselves out!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
@WiebeSunSports: Blake Wheeler is working with the first PP unit, a good indicator he will be ready to go tomorrow for #NHLJets vs #LAKings

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Pardy over Harrison (and Stu) on D anyday, Pardy's PK ability alone should see him starting over those two clowns.

Klingberg blows another chance in the show!:sarcasm:

Aside from his FO ability Slater is no longer NHL calibre

Really disappointed in Peluso this season, thought the guy had a little skill and would turn into an okay 4th liner, thought wrong. (think we all know the sole reason he is here)

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
@DarrinBauming: Maurice says if Blake Wheeler shows up to the rink tomorrow feeling how he did today he'll be a player vs the #LAKings.

@DarrinBauming: Mauice says he likes the way his top lines played on Thursday, so Wheeler would start on a line with Adam Lowry and Chris Thorburn. #NHLJets

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Slater-at-practice-300x200.jpg

Ladd: On playing well at home. Does he think about what the MTS Centre would be like for a playoff series? What might another addition do for this team? Are the additions a vote of confidence in the team? On the draft and develop model.

Wheeler: On how he is feeling. Is he expecting to be taken off IR? Does he feel 100%? How much of a factor was the swelling? Does he feel a lot better? Can he keep up to Thorburn? Tough to miss games? On the preparation for the Kings.

To listen click here.

Last edited:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
@DarrinBauming: Maurice says if Blake Wheeler shows up to the rink tomorrow feeling how he did today he'll be a player vs the #LAKings.

@DarrinBauming: Mauice says he likes the way his top lines played on Thursday, so Wheeler would start on a line with Adam Lowry and Chris Thorburn. #NHLJets

you're welcome Lowry and Thorburn.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Roster move if he can go tomorrow. Klingberg waivers?

@WiebeSunSports: Adam Pardy is back wearing a red D-man jersey after playing a bit on fourth line the other night and killing penalties on D #NHLJets

What happened to 91-55-12?

@WiebeSunSports: Early line rushes for #NHLJets are: Ladd-Little-Frolik, Thorburn-Lowry-Wheeler, Galiardi-Slater-Peluso

Edit looks like oversight

@WiebeSunSports: #NHLJets forward group still includes Tlusty-Scheifele-Stafford as well

@WiebeSunSports: #NHLJets D pairs: Harrison-Byfuglien, Enstrom-Myers and Stuart-Trouba. Pardy and Postma look like the extras

No Klingberg OR O'Dell?? :shakehead I hope O'Dell isn't returned after ONE GAME

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-pre-game-chat-300x169.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum - Will Blake Wheeler be a player tomorrow? How did he look? Planning on keeping him with Lowry and Thorburn? Would help spread out the scoring? Does he see any similarities in the way plays against Kings as they did against Blues? Is part of putting Wheeler on 3rd line about monitoring his minutes? Updates on injured players. On how the Kings are playing. On how Hutchinson has handled the stretch? Expecting more from Tlusty moving forward? Was last game Mark Stuart’s best game since his return? On the composition of the lines at skate today.

To listen click here.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
why why why put Peluso in over O'Dell? Who on the Kings is he gonna fight?

ugggh I just don't understand

They're trying to showcase his talents for a trade lol
I've always preferred Thor over peluso and got slammed for it by many, glad Tangradi is gone and can't wait for uselessluso to be next!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
They're trying to showcase his talents for a trade lol
I've always preferred Thor over peluso and got slammed for it by many, glad Tangradi is gone and can't wait for uselessluso to be next!

You weren't alone. Ideally neither should be on the roster, but Thor over Peluso everyday.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Man I was looking forward to the game tonight but then realized its tomorrow :(

I guess this slow stretch is where some of the teams will catch up to us in GP.

About time. It gives me anxiety looking at the standings and seeing us with the most GP all the time, every year.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
About time. It gives me anxiety looking at the standings and seeing us with the most GP all the time, every year.

Usually I hate it but this year I like it because it means we play slightly less games down the stretch....have a bit more time between games and now that we have a slim lead the pressure is on the other teams to convert their opprotunities into winz just to catch us.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
You weren't alone. Ideally neither should be on the roster, but Thor over Peluso everyday.

Depends on what role.

IMO the only reason Peluso is on the roster is because of Thorburn.

If Thorburn were better at fighting we would have no need for Peluso, but as it stands management/coaching wants a fighter, and Thorburn just doesn't cut it.

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
you know what I don't get? Galiardi. Beginning of the year, he's killing penalties, he's playing solid on the fourth line, stepping up when needed. Now he's getting scratched in favour of a defenceman, not playing PK... something's wacky.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Not liking our line combos here. O'dell played a good game on Thursday (outside of his dumb penalty) and should be given some ice time on the third or fourth line. Peluso continues to be a liability, yet we still give him minutes. Thorburn has been quiet for the past few games and rarely plays special teams so why have him on the ice? I can understand Galiardi on the fourth line if he plays the penalty kill and I can also understand Wheeler on the 3rd line to spread out the offense and reduce his minutes while he continues to heal.

Coach Inflict says the lines for tomorrow should be:

Ladd - Little - Frolik
Tlusty - Scheifele - Stafford
O'Dell - Lowry - Wheeler
Pardy - Slater - Galiardi

PP

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Enstrom - Byfuglien

Tlusty - Scheifele - Stafford
Trouba - Myers

PK

Galiardi - Slater
Stuart - Trouba

Little - Ladd
Enstrom - Byfuglein/Harrison

Frolik - Lowry
Pardy - Myers

Klingberg gets sent down not for his play, but for roster purposes. Defensive pairings stay the same as last game. Team is built for depth and special teams and mostly keeps together a squad who fought hard against the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad