Rumor: Kings inquire about Pavelec

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
In the Jets 79th, 80th, and 81st games of the 2014-15 season Pavelac had 3 shutouts over Minny/STL and Colorado. This pushed the Jets into the play offs when Kings back up Jones had a rough night against bottom dweller Edmonton.

Pavy has his flaws but, I think he would play good behind LA d-fence. I do not think the jets should trade him to LA. I would rather see LA stumble and miss the last wild card playoff berth to the Jets again.

If the Jets choose to value money instead of a competitive advantage over a rival team it is going to cost more than a 7 th rounder if the Jets have to withhold salary.

no salary retained = Pavelac for a 7th rounder
jets retain 45 % = Pavelac (cap hit 2 mill) for a 3 rd round pick

Pavalac is proud and he is pissed he was sent to the AHL without even getting a fair shot at training camp. The decision to move on to a younger goalie tandem was decided way b4 Jets training camp. Pavalac only pre-season start was a shutout victory in Calgary. It is his last year in a contract year. He is playing for next years contract and a NHL job. If Pavelac goes to LA he will play well. :popcorn::popcorn:

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Muzzin + Greene for Trouba + Pavelec @ 50% + Chiarot

This is very fair, but the Kings would pass because who knows if Trouba will sign here and for how much. Also, having Trouba replace Muzzin doesn't really solve any problems we have on defense.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Muzzin + Greene for Trouba + Pavelec @ 50% + Chiarot

I'd do that in a second.

You might not want Greene. (I'm a Greene fan too)

Also the Kings have tons of vet wings that could be added. Nothing all that special, but a King or Lewis could help if one of your younger guys needs some more time.

This is very fair, but the Kings would pass because who knows if Trouba will sign here and for how much. Also, having Trouba replace Muzzin doesn't really solve any problems we have on defense.

In fact it does! Kings best candidate to step up and fill that RHD spot is LaDue. He's a ways out. This would allow for Martinez to play with Trouba and switch back to the left. Doughty doesn't need Muzzin. At this point it's more likely that one of McNabb/Gravel/Forbort will be able to be carried by Doughty then by Martinez playing his off side.

Trouba not signing isn't a concern. He may not want to play in LA, but that would be figured out before a deal went down, so there's no point in talking about it here.

A Muzzin for Trouba swap helps the Kings by moving the hole on the defense to a place where they have multiple players that might be able to fill it.

Edit: Still don't think it'll happen.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Dear Mr. Lombardi,

Please do not trade Jake Muzzin, no matter what our fanbase says.

Sincerely,
A concerned Kings fan

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'd do that in a second.

You might not want Greene. (I'm a Greene fan too)

Also the Kings have tons of vet wings that could be added. Nothing all that special, but a King or Lewis could help if one of your younger guys needs some more time.

In fact it does! Kings best candidate to step up and fill that RHD spot is LaDue. He's a ways out. This would allow for Martinez to play with Trouba and switch back to the left. Doughty doesn't need Muzzin. At this point it's more likely that one of McNabb/Gravel/Forbort will be able to be carried by Doughty then by Martinez playing his off side.

Trouba not signing isn't a concern. He may not want to play in LA, but that would be figured out before a deal went down, so there's no point in talking about it here.

A Muzzin for Trouba swap helps the Kings by moving the hole on the defense to a place where they have multiple players that might be able to fill it.

Edit: Still don't think it'll happen.

I'd rather trade Martinez and get less back. There's no way we find someone of Muzzin's caliber on as good of a long-term deal. Muzzin has a $4 million cap hit until 2020. Muzzin is better than Martinez, plain and simple.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
In the Jets 79th, 80th, and 81st games of the 2014-15 season Pavelac had 3 shutouts over Minny/STL and Colorado. This pushed the Jets into the play offs when Kings back up Jones had a rough night against bottom dweller Edmonton.

Pavy has his flaws but, I think he would play good behind LA d-fence. I do not think the jets should trade him to LA. I would rather see LA stumble and miss the last wild card playoff berth to the Jets again.

If the Jets choose to value money instead of a competitive advantage over a rival team it is going to cost more than a 7 th rounder if the Jets have to withhold salary.

no salary retained = Pavelac for a 7th rounder
jets retain 45 % = Pavelac (cap hit 2 mill) for a 3 rd round pick

Pavalac is proud and he is pissed he was sent to the AHL without even getting a fair shot at training camp. The decision to move on to a younger goalie tandem was decided way b4 Jets training camp. Pavalac only pre-season start was a shutout victory in Calgary. It is his last year in a contract year. He is playing for next years contract and a NHL job. If Pavelac goes to LA he will play well. :popcorn::popcorn:

Pavelec's issues isn't playing behind a bad defense. He's just outright terrible, although can give you great games. People who think Pavelec is great because his adjusted save percentage is ebtter than his actual are dumb. Pavelec has good adjusted save percentage because he puts himself in a terrible position and gives away a lot of secondary high danger chances. Every Winnipeg goalie has that problem, but Pavelec is the worst by far. Secondary high danger chances have a lot more to do with the goalies giving them away than it does the team itself.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Dear Mr. Lombardi,

Please do not trade Jake Muzzin, no matter what our fanbase says.

Sincerely,
A concerned Kings fan

100% agree. Muzzin>Trouba and he looks even better once you take the two players contracts once Trouba signs. You don't move studs like Muzzin signed to such sweet deals.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Why wouldn't the Kings talk to the Islanders about one of their three goalies instead of talking to the Jets about Pavelec. If they want a shot at excelling with Quick out, they need to pick up Greiss or Berube.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
100% agree. Muzzin>Trouba and he looks even better once you take the two players contracts once Trouba signs. You don't move studs like Muzzin signed to such sweet deals.

Yeah, seriously. The only way I'd move Muzzin is if Brown was attached to him.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Why wouldn't the Kings talk to the Islanders about one of their three goalies instead of talking to the Jets about Pavelec. If they want a shot at excelling with Quick out, they need to pick up Greiss or Berube.

Because there's no sense in further depleting the Kings prospect pool for a guy who's marginally better than Zatkoff. And then there's the whole, "What do we do with the three headed goalie monster when Quick comes back?".

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Yeah no kidding. If Pavelec is worth McNabb, Trouba is worth King and Clifford. :shakehead

lol I wish Pavlec would return McNabb, I've always been a fan of him. At this point Pavlec at %50 retained returns a 5th rounder? and a small cap dump that's also expiring at the end of the season.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Kings wouldn't even need to use LTIR to stay under the cap with this trade.

Mason at 50% or Neuvirth

for

Budaj + ?????

What would Kings fan be comfortable giving up to get one of the Flyers goalies? I think a 2017 1st is too much, and a 2017 2nd is too little.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
The Kings wouldn't even need to use LTIR to stay under the cap with this trade.

Mason at 50% or Neuvirth

for

Budaj + ?????

What would Kings fan be comfortable giving up to get one of the Flyers goalies? I think a 2017 1st is too much, and a 2017 2nd is too little.
Kings are at the stage where giving up any picks 5th round or better or any prospects just doesn't work.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
lol I wish Pavlec would return McNabb, I've always been a fan of him. At this point Pavlec at %50 retained returns a 5th rounder? and a small cap dump that's also expiring at the end of the season.

I'd move McNabb and Martinez in a deal for Trouba. Other Jets fans werent too keen.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
This is a rebuild/retool year for the Kings. I don't expect them to trade picks any of their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round picks.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I'd move McNabb and Martinez in a deal for Trouba. Other Jets fans werent too keen.
I wouldn't consider myself too keen on that either. The spiteful person in me is happy having Chevy wait Trouba out, and have him return with his tail between his legs on or just before Dec 1st. I have a feeling he'll be traded at the deadline or the draft, that is if whatever relationship that is left isn't rebuilt and his trade request rescinded. However I am certainly not holding my breath.
Back on topic.. I think Pav's could be a potential good pick up, that is if the timing is right and you get him on a hot streak, and of course with WPG retaining salary. He's in a contract year and is pretty pissed off about being sent to the AHL. I feel he was never worried or felt pressured by someone else challenging him for the starting position and just assumed it would be handed to him. He could come back and play well enough to fill in for Quick while he's healing, as well as being a solid backup. There will be games though that will be extremely frustrating however.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Pavs for Matt Greene. - to bad Greene has one more year and the Jets wouldn't like that

Pavs and Trouba for Muzzin and King ( salary dump but valuable player) - I love Muzzins contract and don't want him traded

Pavs and Trouba for Martinez, Clifford and prospect. - Jets fans don't seem to like Marty even though he looks like an awesome fit

So it will probably be

Pavs with salary retained for late or conditional pick

If Kings want to pretend to compete this year they need to do something unfortunately

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad