Rumor: Kings inquire about Pavelec

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I'd go after Bernier...the devil you know. Anaheim needs to sign Lindholm.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I feel bad for Budaj. Wasn't the word that he was gonna get to be backup this year? Then they bring back Zatkoff, and now this...

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
Why would they want a goalie with a .907 career save %? rather just roll with Zatkoff/Budaj than have that waste of a roster space

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Good news. Inquire about that Trouba guy while you're on the phone Dean.

Should stay away from Bernier. Ducks are having too much fun trying to figure out how to calculate their cap. Seriously, someone tell their GM there are sites like NHLnumbers, Generalfanager, and capfriendly out there. They could use some help. Anyways Ducks would have to eat half his salary, which probably wouldn't work for them, and the Kings wouldn't give up a whole lot. Maybe a 5th?

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I feel bad for Budaj. Wasn't the word that he was gonna get to be backup this year? Then they bring back Zatkoff, and now this...

They brought in Zatkoff for one reason the expansion draft.
They had to have a goalie signed after next year to leave exposed.
And they couldn't send him to Ontario like they did Budaj for risk of losing him and then they wouldn't have a goalie they could expose at the draft.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
is there that big of a difference between Zatkoff/Budaj and Pavelec? I don't see it.

edit: then again I was in the minority among Pens fans considering Zatkoff a true NHL back-up...

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
is there that big of a difference between Zatkoff/Budaj and Pavelec? I don't see it.

edit: then again I was in the minority among Pens fans considering Zatkoff a true NHL back-up...

On paper I would say no.
But maybe Ranford, Kings goalie coach, has seen something he thinks he can work with if this rumor is true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad