Rumor: Kings inquire about Pavelec

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Please let this rumor be true. We need someone to pick up Pavelec to make sure he never gets back into the net in Winnipeg again... unless it's at the vistors' end.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Please let this rumor be true. We need someone to pick up Pavelec to make sure he never gets back into the net in Winnipeg again... unless it's at the vistors' end.

This sounds like just the guy the Kings need to "help" their draft position. :naughty:

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Neuvirth in Philly would have been perfect if Mason was playing well (which he isn't). He's cheap and capable.
Same goes with Greiss (if Halak can step up).

What about Kuemper?
He's an upcoming UFA who only makes 1.550, and the Wild already have their starter. I think he'd be fine as a stop gap.

Kuemper
FOR
Zatkoff + ?

Last edited:

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Neuvirth in Philly would have been perfect if Mason was playing well (which he isn't). He's cheap and capable.
Same goes with Greiss (if Halak can step up).

What about Kuemper?
He's an upcoming UFA who only makes 1.550, and the Wild already have their starter. I think he'd be fine as a stop gap.

Kuemper
FOR
Zatkoff + ?

Would love Kuemper in L.A. Kid needs a chance to get minutes. Big goalie that suffered concussion a few years back but is healthy. Jones lite

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Sure if he can be has for a later pick but any ask of a roster player is hang up.

Zatkoff + 3rd
or
Zatkoff + 2nd + 5th

That was the range the Wild fans were suggesting. Personally, I think a conditional 3rd that becomes a 2nd if Kuemper wins XX games or something like that makes the most sense.

A 2nd seems like a lot on paper, but missing out on the playoffs this year would be a huge loss for LA. Their window is still open, and they don't stay open long in the NHL. I think it's worth paying if it's conditional on performance.

The Wild save a few bucks (600k), get a pick, and a decent backup goalie in Zatkoff
The Kings get a decent stopgap for a fair price, without losing a true roster player.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sorry, but Zatkoff is not a decent anything. Rather use Stalock for a backup, as he 's already in our system, and he looked great in camp.

Offering Zatkoff is an impediment to making a deal at this point. I think the Wild would be crazy to move Kuemper, myself. All it takes is one injury ( as LA knows all too well)and we would be back in goalie hell. We were there two years ago before we traded for Dubnyk. Going into a game without a solid goalie is like playing catcher without a cup. You can do it, but it's a very insecure feeling.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Enroth looked pretty good in his small sample size for the Kings. I know we just signed him but we'll say that we hypothetically discussed the move with him and he welcomes the chance to challenge for a starting position in Quick's absence. Would there be any interest in a deal with the Leafs? We'd need Zatkoff coming back to play behind Andersen. Would LA be able to offer something enticing enough to weaken our backup position?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Zatkoff + 3rd
or
Zatkoff + 2nd + 5th

That was the range the Wild fans were suggesting. Personally, I think a conditional 3rd that becomes a 2nd if Kuemper wins XX games or something like that makes the most sense.

A 2nd seems like a lot on paper, but missing out on the playoffs this year would be a huge loss for LA. Their window is still open, and they don't stay open long in the NHL. I think it's worth paying if it's conditional on performance.

The Wild save a few bucks (600k), get a pick, and a decent backup goalie in Zatkoff
The Kings get a decent stopgap for a fair price, without losing a true roster player.

2nd is to much and the Kings window is closed on this group unless some crazy moves are in line. This the reason I don't want to give much of anything for a goalie. Our GM needs to stop chasing and do a re-tool or total rebuild.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
2nd is to much and the Kings window is closed on this group unless some crazy moves are in line. This the reason I don't want to give much of anything for a goalie. Our GM needs to stop chasing and do a re-tool or total rebuild.

I think the Kings can compete if they're able to get Shattenkirk or someone like him this off-season when he hits the market. The Kings blue line beyond their top three guys seem to be what's holding them back right now.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I think the Kings can compete if they're able to get Shattenkirk or someone like him this off-season when he hits the market. The Kings blue line beyond their top three guys seem to be what's holding them back right now.

with us needing to resign toffoli and pearson adding a top 4 defense man is highly unlikely unless we unload brown and gaborik i don't see it

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
with us needing to resign toffoli and pearson adding a top 4 defense man is highly unlikely unless we unload brown and gaborik i don't see it

I tend to agree with that but I think they'll be getting rid of one of those two one way or the other this off-season. I doubt it'll be through Vegas but I can see a buyout or a trade with retention happening. I think that could open up enough room to bring a top four guy in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad