Pre-Game Talk: KINGS in Ottawa Remembrance Day edition 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Kings are a west coast team on a long roadie, and they have to play in Montreal tonight. We should be on them like a fat kid on a Smartie right from the opening faceoff...

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ottawa 2nd in their division right now. Condon has the last 2 wins for the team, time Andy gets back in the W column, and a much needed home win.

This team doesn't get enough Power Play chances, need to change that. Our PK can't bail us out every single game.

Sens playing ugly, but winning. Finding a way every night to stay in games. Have to believe this will be another close game, hopefully we get the PP going and get a convincing win. Time for the offensive players to step up. Pageau, Ryan, Smith, Brassard, Hoffman need goals. No one needs a bigger game more then Stone right now, he's below his standard of best forward on the ice for either team.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa 2nd in their division right now. Condon has the last 2 wins for the team, time Andy gets back in the W column, and a much needed home win.

This team doesn't get enough Power Play chances, need to change that. Our PK can't bail us out every single game.

Sens playing ugly, but winning. Finding a way every night to stay in games. Have to believe this will be another close game, hopefully we get the PP going and get a convincing win. Time for the offensive players to step up. Pageau, Ryan, Smith, Brassard, Hoffman need goals. No one needs a bigger game more then Stone right now, he's below his standard of best forward on the ice for either team.

I think the PP clicking at around 20% would go a long way to alleviate this teams woes. A PP goal a game would help build our offensive confidence, get us taking shots instead of looking for that perfect play, and have the guys play with a little less stress.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think the PP clicking at around 20% would go a long way to alleviate this teams woes. A PP goal a game would help build our offensive confidence, get us taking shots instead of looking for that perfect play, and have the guys play with a little less stress.

Haven't been to impressed with the PP, guys seem confused. The team as a whole recently you've seen the bad habits of them relying on EK to much for offense. They've just been standing around waiting for him to make plays the last couple of games.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We need a mini wining streak now

Like 3-4 in a row

I feel like condon could do that for us

He was REALLY good yesterday

GO SENS GO

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We need to break out of this scoring slump.

5 games in a row 1 goal in regulation. Something's gotta give soon.

We have to stick to the program. The goals will come.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We need a mini wining streak now

Like 3-4 in a row

I feel like condon could do that for us

He was REALLY good yesterday

GO SENS GO

Andy is our #1 if he's good to go he'll play. I don't think he is away from his family to sit out too many games.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We are going to light them up 6 to 2 for us.............probably not:cry: Just win and iam happy:handclap:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Condons the hot hand he should start

Go with the hot hand

No no no. Condon clearly cracked under a heavy game load last year. With the uncertainty of Andy coming and going, we don't know if Condon will be forced to play 20 or 50 games this year. It seems like 30 games could be his sweet spot, so don't overuse him when you have a perfectly good goalie in Andy still with the team, who, by the way, is performing well too.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
No no no. Condon clearly cracked under a heavy game load last year. With the uncertainty of Andy coming and going, we don't know if Condon will be forced to play 20 or 50 games this year. It seems like 30 games could be his sweet spot, so don't overuse him when you have a perfectly good goalie in Andy still with the team, who, by the way, is performing well too.
Agreed, Andy is our starter,Condon did his job perfectly :nod:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Makes sense

I guess Im just dreaming of a 2015 feb-march style winning streak:cheer:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So the Kings lost last night, whilst they might be knackered I'm fully expecting them to play hard..

Agreed - I would have preferred that they won. First, they would have beaten the Habs, and every time the Habs lose an angel gets its wings. Secondly, they would have been feeling all fat and happy with not nearly as much urgency to their game. Still, though, that's a tired hockey team no matter how you slice it - we have to take advantage of that.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Agreed - I would have preferred that they won. First, they would have beaten the Habs, and every time the Habs lose an angel gets its wings. Secondly, they would have been feeling all fat and happy with not nearly as much urgency to their game. Still, though, that's a tired hockey team no matter how you slice it - we have to take advantage of that.

The Kings are physical, and not all that fast. This could play well for us, as we seem to have trouble dealing with speed. If we play hard-nosed too, we can carve out a win here.

Let's see some Bobby Ryan dangles!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The Kings are physical, and not all that fast. This could play well for us, as we seem to have trouble dealing with speed. If we play hard-nosed too, we can carve out a win here.

Let's see some Bobby Ryan dangles!

I guarantee tonight you see Ryan make a huge dangle, not score and then crash into the end boards depressed. Happens at least once a game now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad