GDT: Kings @ Flyers 1pm CSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Nothing says "well-thought out lineup" like not playing two of your best young players just because they got away with it once against a Montreal team that didnt show up. God forbid some actual thought go into how the lineup will perform against the next team they face.

Oh well. Just win.

Well according to our GM, there is aot of thought put in the lineup and us silly fans dont know anything.

If Hak isnt going anywhere...I really hope they gut the rest of the coaching staff in bring in some assistants with fresh ideas. Too many like minded thinkers in this organization.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Not protecting but he will defend them if he thinks something was wrong. I know a lot don't think it's important but it's a good thing to know a player will stand up for teammates. It does earn the respect of other players.

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
Not protecting but he will defend them if he thinks something was wrong. I know a lot don't think it's important but it's a good thing to know a player will stand up for teammates. It does earn the respect of other players.

But when said player gets pummeled/dusted don't you think the other team benefits more? (Momentum, moral victory, if at home, crowd goes crazy, energy)

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
if hextall agrees with the decision, it just means he's just as much of an idiot as Hakstol. Ghost has now officially been healthy scratched more than farmer Andy. the only way it would be slightly ok is if he was not showing to meetings or coming late to practice, stuff lIke that. if it's gameplay related then no one in this organization has a clue and that's worrying.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
But when said player gets pummeled/dusted don't you think the other team benefits more? (Momentum, moral victory, if at home, crowd goes crazy, energy)

No I don't. I think it goes further for your players when they stand up for you. I don't care who wins the fight. If my player defends me and gets beat up I still have his back no matter what. It's not the result. It's the initiative. That's what gains my respect. You go bust your balls the next shift cuz you know that guy did for you

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
if hextall agrees with the decision, it just means he's just as much of an idiot as Hakstol. Ghost has now officially been healthy scratched more than farmer Andy. the only way it would be slightly ok is if he was not showing to meetings or coming late to practice, stuff lIke that. if it's gameplay related then no one in this organization has a clue and that's worrying.

This is the bad part. Obviously ghost has struggled here and there but to Amac over him is wrong.

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
No I don't. I think it goes further for your players when you stand you. I don't care who wins the fight. If my player defends me and gets beat up I still have his back no matter what. It's not the result. It's the initiative. That's what gains my respect. You go bust your balls the next shift cuz you know that guy did for you

I see your perspective. For the guy being protected yes he may feel that way. I'd just prefer the guy doing the protecting to know how to scrap (-:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not being able to fight and not being tough are two different things though. Manning makes a good punching bag, good in that our more valuable players aren't taking the shots. Would much rather see him getting his teeth fed to him than Schenn.

They're not the same, but he can't fight and he's also not tough. ;)

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Toffoli back in the Kings line up today...

Line 1 LW Gaborik C Kopitar RW Brown
Line 2 LW Pearson C Carter RW Toffoli
Line 3 LW King C Shore RW Lewis
Line 4 LW Clifford C Dowd RW Andreoff

1st D-Pair LD Muzzin RD Doughty
2nd D-Pair LD Forbort RD Martinez
3rd D-Pair LD McNabb RD Gravel

Goalie's:
Starter: Budaj
Backup: Zatkoff

Scratched List
RW Setoguchi
RD Ladue
RW Nolan + Lower body day to day
RD Greene + Back IR
G Quick + Groin LTIR

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Sitting Konecny and Gostisbehere does not help their chances of winning, but may be better in the long run for their development. Knowing they will sit if they make mistakes may be good. What would VV or MacDonald learn if they sat? That they suck? They should already know that.

I'm going with the assumption that Hextall and Hakstol both know this team is not winning anything beyond a long-shot in the 1st round, if they get in. And the only way that happens is if one of the goalies gets incredibly hot.

I pray every night before bed that they know the defense is hot garbage and the forwards have glaring holes to fill, and that this year is for development and evaluation more than anything else.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Sitting Konecny and Gostisbehere does not help their chances of winning, but may be better in the long run for their development. Knowing they will sit if they make mistakes may be good. What would VV or MacDonald learn if they sat? That they suck? They should already know that.

I'm going with the assumption that Hextall and Hakstol both know this team is not winning anything beyond a long-shot in the 1st round, if they get in. And the only way that happens is if one of the goalies gets incredibly hot.

I pray every night before bed that they know the defense is hot garbage and the forwards have glaring holes to fill, and that this year is for development and evaluation more than anything else.

For Ghost the fear of him making mistakes is about the worst thing imaginable. He will make mistakes. It's just inevitable based on his style of play. But when he's on his game, for every mistake he has 10 plays that makes a mistake worth it. If he's worried about making mistakes you can kiss goodbye everything we loved about him last year. See Subban in Montreal last year.

I literally see absolutely zero benefit to sitting Ghost.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
For Ghost the fear of him making mistakes is about the worst thing imaginable. He will make mistakes. It's just inevitable based on his style of play. But when he's on his game, for every mistake he has 10 plays that makes a mistake worth it. If he's worried about making mistakes you can kiss goodbye everything we loved about him last year. See Subban in Montreal last year.

I literally see absolutely zero benefit to sitting Ghost.

Agree, TK you could make an argument for. But benching Ghost is as dumb as a decision as you can make. Unless he is close to being traded, this is moronic.

All the top Off D men make a lot of mistakes, but the good outweighs the bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad