GDT: Kings @ Flames - Regicide: Part II - 7:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
Funny to read the main board and their reaction to the Tkachuck elbow! People are suddenly calling him the worst POS ever in the history of hockey. Kinda love it that he is not only getting under some players skins but also fans. Didnt expect this level of hate just yet however...

Keep on killin it Tkachuck!!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Funny to read the main board and their reaction to the Tkachuck elbow! People are suddenly calling him the worst POS ever in the history of hockey. Kinda love it that he is not only getting under some players skins but also fans. Didnt expect this level of hate just yet however...

Keep on killin it Tkachuck!!

I love having a guy that can stir the pot the way he does. The only downside is it makes our entire team a target for retaliation. However I'm liking what I'm seeing from our group as whole so I'm not super worried about it.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Doughty was probably in the corner cross checking him and telling him his dad was a ***** or something seconds before this happened. Let the boy stand up for himself! The NHL has a 2 minute elbowing penalty for a reason. The refs were negligent (nothing new) and missed handing it out in game, I don't think there's any need for further suspension. If tkachuk doesn't make that elbow, doughty pounds him into the end boards from behind. His elbow was higher than it should have been, but the intent of the play was to pop back, both to protect himself and cause separation. No intent to injure, no injury, just hard hockey. Doughty deserved it.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Tkachuk will have a hearing... isn't that an automatic 5 games?

Nyquist only got 6...

Thanks Wideman

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Tkachuk will have a hearing... isn't that an automatic 5 games?

Nyquist only got 6...

Thanks Wideman

Nyquist's was an accident, but on a much more serious play. This is on purpose, but less serious.

A hearing is not an automatic 5+ games, though, for what it's worth. It's just that a phone hearing is a maximum 5 games, so if they want to give more, it has to be in person.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Nyquist's was an accident, but on a much more serious play. This is on purpose, but less serious.

A hearing is not an automatic 5+ games, though, for what it's worth. It's just that a phone hearing is a maximum 5 games, so if they want to give more, it has to be in person.

Nyquist wasn't an accident.... he speared the guy in the face.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
From that tweet it just said will have a hearing. Didn't say in person so I'm assuming it's a phone hearing.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
From that tweet it just said will have a hearing. Didn't say in person so I'm assuming it's a phone hearing.

I'm assuming it's a phone hearing considering it's this afternoon, and I doubt Chucky's going to HQ :laugh:

He'll get a game from it.

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
I think that people are looking at this the wrong way. The angle sucks.

Tkachuk is 19, Doughty is a Norris-winning D-man. He is going to brace for the hit. His elbow gets raised but not swung (defensive position), but the contact just ends up being too high and resulted in this. At no point does it look like it was truly malicious. Maybe a game, at most two. Could have happened to anyone, just sucks that Tkachuk is already in the spotlight.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Tkachuk is 19, Doughty is a Norris-winning D-man. He is going to brace for the hit. His elbow gets raised but not swung (defensive position), but the contact just ends up being too high and resulted in this. At no point does it look like it was truly malicious. Maybe a game, at most two. Could have happened to anyone, just sucks that Tkachuk is already in the spotlight.

I imagine they are going to look at Tkachuk's body of work this season and tell him to tone it down.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I imagine they are going to look at Tkachuk's body of work this season and tell him to tone it down.

Which is probably a good thing. I like how he plays, he just has to understand where the line goes. And not cross it too much, just a little bit so that other team loses focus every now and then

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

IMO, a suspension is IMO just as beneficial for Tkachuk as it is for appeasing the other teams. He is taught a lesson to tone it down, plus is removed from the game for his own protection. I think Tkachuk is somewhere in between Perry and Marchand. If he decides to stop the pesting and using his reputation to give himself room to play the game... oh boy!

He's reigned in his game a bit since the beginning of the season, but he could turn it down just another notch or so.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

It's a phone hearing, they aren't giving a day for travel. SO it's guaranteed to be 5 or less. I suspect it will be 1 or 2 games.

Aug 3, 2010
I think it should be a one game suspension, but I'd also not be surprised with a fine because there was no serious injury on the play, because that's just how the DOPS roll.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I think it should be a one game suspension, but I'd also not be surprised with a fine because there was no serious injury on the play, because that's just how the DOPS roll.

The DOPS must roll like a CFL football then. :sarcasm:

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
I know there was some negatives noted around our bottom D pairing last night, but I actually thought outside the few bad giveaways they were pretty relentless and did their job well.

I was joking with my wife at one point how Bartkowski wouldn't let anyone cycle in his corner and was playing very physical which was hard to play against. At the end of that shift he got an unfortunate Tripping minor, but it seemed more unfortunate luck than bone headed play.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The longer it takes to hear a decision for the NHL, the more inclined I am to think there will be no suspension. The NHL has not announced a fine or suspension this late in the day yet this season. The latest was 4pm MT on March 9th when Sestito was suspended.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
The longer it takes to hear a decision for the NHL, the more inclined I am to think there will be no suspension. The NHL has not announced a fine or suspension this late in the day yet this season. The latest was 4pm MT on March 9th when Sestito was suspended.

Or it will be a hefty suspension. The NHL has to do something right here and make an example. sucks it's against our beloved Tkachuk, but for the good of his career and for the good of the sport without anymore enforcers, this might be big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad