GDT: Kings @ Flames - Regicide: Part II - 7:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
What a huge win, the Kings really needed this game and we totally smoked them. What a reversal from previous years.

Yup. Now, there's still lots of hockey left, but it sure is nice watching us throttle through teams while we're in a playoff spot. Ugh, how many years we would charge into a spot, than go on a skid and fall out, and have to try get back in it again.

I don't want to just slip in, or battle our way in, step on the gas and blow through everyone and get in comfortably.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Magic number to 6.
Possession numbers favouring the Flames tonight. That's awesome!
Against the Kings!

That's amazing. We really have struggled badly against top possession teams prior to this game so it's a nice change of pace.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Against the Kings!

That's amazing. We really have struggled badly against top possession teams prior to this game so it's a nice change of pace.

Not much of a surprise, but out 5 man unit of 3M's and the top pair had excellent numbers. D-men all over 55% CF% and the 3M line all +65%... that's call domination.

Only centre below 50, was Stajan, but that's almost expected with who he was lining up against.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Lazar deserves more play time. Sit Brouwer if you need

The Flames will be missing Tkachuk for the rest of the season obviously so there will be a spot for Lazar somewhere.

Hopefully someone can sub in for Bangelland next game, they were very rough tonight.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The Flames will be missing Tkachuk for the rest of the season obviously so there will be a spot for Lazar somewhere.

Hopefully someone can sub in for Bangelland next game, they were very rough tonight.

Clearly Tkachuk should be suspended indefinitely, including the playoffs. At least according to HFOil.
That or Lucic will put him in a wheelchair, even though he current plays like he needs one.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Not much of a surprise, but out 5 man unit of 3M's and the top pair had excellent numbers. D-men all over 55% CF% and the 3M line all +65%... that's call domination.

Only centre below 50, was Stajan, but that's almost expected with who he was lining up against.

Hockeystats had Monahan and Bennett also below 50, but Stajan was way down at 37. Are you looking at score-adjusted numbers or something?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Against the Kings!

We've badly out possessed Nashville in both games. We out possessed St. Louis on a back to back. We out possessed Chicago entirely which pisses me off how they got 5 out of 6 available points against us. So yeah it is nice to see us out possess the Kings!

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016

I think a "dirty player" is one who attempts to injure, which doesn't strike me as Tkachuk's MO. I don't think he wants to hurt anyone, I just think he wants to get under their skin and get away with things.

Same way I wouldn't consider Brad Marchand a dirty player - Marchand is a pest, but he doesn't want to hurt opposing players. Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad