GDT: Kings @ Flames - Regicide: Part II - 7:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Or it will be a hefty suspension. The NHL has to do something right here and make an example. sucks it's against our beloved Tkachuk, but for the good of his career and for the good of the sport without anymore enforcers, this might be big.
I doubt it will be hefty, more than 3 games would be quite surprising for a chicken wing style elbow, he never thrust it into the player at all.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Or it will be a hefty suspension. The NHL has to do something right here and make an example. sucks it's against our beloved Tkachuk, but for the good of his career and for the good of the sport without anymore enforcers, this might be big.

No chance, I'd be shocked if it's over 2 games. I expect a fine. Can't justify a hefty suspension.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Wouldn't read into it too much either way. I saw a tweet saying hearing would be late afternoon by the time Flames got to Washington, which Flames twitter has them arriving over an hour ago (might be closer to two).

Burned

Nov 5, 2016
"Elbow-gate" on the main board is still on fire. [MOD]

Tkachuk is doing just fine, suspension/fine who cares this kid is under everyone's skin and its the right time of year to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
No chance, I'd be shocked if it's over 2 games. I expect a fine. Can't justify a hefty suspension.

2-5 wouldn't be surprising. And IMO for a rookie and such that would be considered hefty. And yes, you can justify it. There are no other ways to protect players anymore.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I still don't think he gets anything. I know it was dirty, but I think he gets off with a warning.

Also I heard today that while Doughty called him dirty, if you read all of his statement on it that somewhat complimented him in that Doughty plays the same way (he does) and he was surprised he plays that way at such a young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad