Kings-ducks 2003 1st Round Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Legionnaire said:
Well to me it says just how valuable he is. They needed him in that lineup. Don't discount his defensive game.
I like Tambellini, acknowledge his defensive attributes and his awesome wheels; however in THAT tourney whether due to injury or not he wasn't producing and it wasn't from lack of opportunities, he had wide open nets and was shooting it high. I know this doesn't happen when he's playing at Michigan.. It was probably a combination of things such as the injury, not used to such a creative passer(Crosby) and being in a slump.

I think he'll be a 25 goal man in the show but i haven't seen that sense or anyting to be compared to Brett Hull... Hull's not a skater.. Tambellini is. I think Red Berensens prediction or comparison might be a little off, BUT that's his opinion and I respect it.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
IncognitoDuck said:
I cant wait for a Getzlaf/Pushkarev rivalry.
:biglaugh: Good One!

although i don't see them goin toe to toe, i wouldn't laugh at pushkarev. even though he isn't a first round pick or was able to surpass getzlaf on the same team, it's been said that pushkarev has the potential to be the best of all our 2003 draft picks. i personally believe it to be true myself and hold him in much higher esteem then tambellini and/or boyle.

I'd take the Kings prospects, but then again I'm biased. I also think Boyle is being grossly overlooked here.

ya, he probably is, but can you blame them? yes, he's picked it up immensely, but he hasn't really dominated a whole year. for all we kno, it coulda just been a playoffs or late time of the year run. until he can prove his skill consistently over the year, i can't say i fully disagree with how most people view boyle.

Chistov23

Jul 15, 2003
Memorial Cup 2005
Visit site
Ziggy Stardust said:
I never remember Frolov being demoted or playing in the AHL

I don't remember Frolov ever being a valuable contributer in the playoffs, not to mention playing in game 7 of the SC.

I don't argue Frolov is the better play right now. However the dude gets 48 points and is now not in the same league as Chistov, come on. How about we wait for more than 1 season to see how good the players will be.

Old Hickory

Chistov23 said:
I don't argue Frolov is the better play right now. However the dude gets 48 points and is now not in the same league as Chistov, come on. How about we wait for more than 1 season to see how good the players will be.
Chistov isn't even close ot being in the same league as Frolov.. And I bet if you set up a poll of who is better, he will slaughter Chistov.
Chistov had one good playoffs after an average rookie season.

10 ft. pole

May 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
I will even go as far as Chistov is barely equal to Pushkarev rite now in terms of being an impact NHL'er. I'll give you 2 to 1 odds they both start in the AHL next year and Pushy outperforms Chispuff!

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
i wonder why people say the ducks draftees have a higher potential than boyle who is a 6'-7" behemoth...

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
Chistov23 said:
I don't remember Frolov ever being a valuable contributer in the playoffs, not to mention playing in game 7 of the SC.

frolov hasn't played in the playoffs because the kings didn't make it...so don't compare apples and oranges here...and lets face it, chistov won't be in the playoffs without giguerre in goal for you guys...

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It's simple. The general consensus here is that the Canadian junior leagues is tougher and a notch above in talent compared to collegiate hockey.

As for Chistov's playoff performance in 2003, what has he done since then? How has he performed in the AHL? Looks like he has struggled to produce even at that level.

Nobody can deny the fact that Frolov showed progress and Chistov regressed. Not only last season in the NHL but this year as well playing in their respective leagues. Frolov also was one of Russia's better players during the World Cup tournament last fall.

So I guess playing in a Game 7 of the playoffs automatically makes a player better. I guess that makes Pascal Rheaume a hot commodity since he appeared in all 24 playoff games for the Stanley Cup champion Devils in 2003. :shakehead

I can't say I'm surprised with a response like that from a Ducks fan with Chistov in his handle.

Chistov23

Jul 15, 2003
Memorial Cup 2005
Visit site
Chistov23 said:

Why is everyone saying I think Chistov is better? I guess I have to Bold it for you that I said Frolov is better. All I'm saying is that Chistov is in the same "league" as Frolov is.

Frolov has 31 more points in 21 more games in their NHL careers. He also averaged 5 more minutes of ice time last season and playing on the Kings top line.

Once again Frolov is the better player right now but I fail to see how he is in another league. If he continues to progress next year in the NHL and Chistov doesn't than fine. But one season at such an early age in their career's doesn't put him in his own league.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Ziggy Stardust said:
It's simple. The general consensus here is that the Canadian junior leagues is tougher and a notch above in talent compared to collegiate hockey.

As for Chistov's playoff performance in 2003, what has he done since then? How has he performed in the AHL? Looks like he has struggled to produce even at that level.

Nobody can deny the fact that Frolov showed progress and Chistov regressed. Not only last season in the NHL but this year as well playing in their respective leagues. Frolov also was one of Russia's better players during the World Cup tournament last fall.

So I guess playing in a Game 7 of the playoffs automatically makes a player better. I guess that makes Pascal Rheaume a hot commodity since he appeared in all 24 playoff games for the Stanley Cup champion Devils in 2003. :shakehead

I can't say I'm surprised with a response like that from a Ducks fan with Chistov in his handle.

Actually, Chistov is one of the most talented prospects around, he has an incredible skillset that has been compared to Kovalchuk's.

Only problem is he has the heart of the Grinch.

In that respect, its Frolov hands down.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I am familiar with Chistov and his skill, and he was impressive in his rookie season. Since then he's been lazy and has not displayed the same level of intensity, desire and hunger he had as a rookie.
Alexei Smirnov take note.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
pavel datsyuk said:
Actually, Chistov is one of the most talented prospects around, he has an incredible skillset that has been compared to Kovalchuk's.

In that respect, its Frolov hands down.[/QUOTE

Ill agree chistov is a talented prospect but thats the first ive ever heard of his skillset being compared to kovalchuks. He may have the talen but like others have stated he has no heart. Maybe the time spent in the AHL will wake him up who knows

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
kingpest19 said:
pavel datsyuk said:

Ill agree chistov is a talented prospect but thats the first ive ever heard of his skillset being compared to kovalchuks. He may have the talen but like others have stated he has no heart. Maybe the time spent in the AHL will wake him up who knows

THN draft preview for his draft year, and several other lists, i believe ISS, but dont quote me. ;)

his time in the AHL didn't wake him up this year, so i dont have much hope.

Funkymoses

ktownhockey said:
I think he'll be a 25 goal man in the show but i haven't seen that sense or anyting to be compared to Brett Hull... Hull's not a skater.. Tambellini is. I think Red Berensens prediction or comparison might be a little off, BUT that's his opinion and I respect it.

The extent of the comparison was Berenson saying that Tambellini had a "Brett Hull shot." That's as close to the truth as it can be given that Tambs is still in college and Brett Hull is a first ballot HOF lock.

McSorley 33

Feb 9, 2005
Yorba Linda, Ca
Ziggy Stardust said:
I am familiar with Chistov and his skill, and he was impressive in his rookie season. Since then he's been lazy and has not displayed the same level of intensity, desire and hunger he had as a rookie.
Alexei Smirnov take note.

I think Chistov can be very good, maybe a star I don't really know about that one yet, but he is very good, I'm not discounting his ablities, yet so far he has shown nothing really. He has not played up to the hype that was spoken about him.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
MHNet said:
Okay you savages... Michigan Hockey Net Video Clips

Just put up Michigan's goals from the Midwest Regional vs. Wisconsin and Colorado College. Tamby's second goal against Wisconsin is all you need to know about how quick his wrist shot is. Bruckler barely reacted and by then it was already past him.

That was sweet. Thanks MH!

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
kingpest19 said:
pavel datsyuk said:

actually i heard, 10% more hear and 2-4 inches taller and he would have given kovvy a run for his money or atleast spezza

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
MHNet said:
Okay you savages... Michigan Hockey Net Video Clips

Just put up Michigan's goals from the Midwest Regional vs. Wisconsin and Colorado College. Tamby's second goal against Wisconsin is all you need to know about how quick his wrist shot is. Bruckler barely reacted and by then it was already past him.

The one you want to see (repeatedly since you'll miss it the first time) is the one he got against Alaska in the Super Six Semis (March 18th).

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
ukyo said:
The one you want to see (repeatedly since you'll miss it the first time) is the one he got against Alaska in the Super Six Semis (March 18th).

how in the H-E double hockey sticks did he get that shot off that fast? i dont think ive ever seen a release like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad