Kings Coach Todd

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Woodcroft took the Oilers to the 3rd round, then 2nd round, then was canned after a slow start in his 3rd full season.

This is TM's 5th season - Kings missed the playoffs the first two and eliminated in the first round the last two seasons...

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Woodcroft took the Oilers to the 3rd round, then 2nd round, then was canned after a slow start in his 3rd full season.

This is TM's 5th season - Kings missed the playoffs the first two and eliminated in the first round the last two seasons...

Say what you want about the Oilers but at least there’s a current expectation to win.

Last time I was this embarrassed to be a Kings fan was probably the late 90s. Just no accountability throughout the entire org. Everything is poisoned by incompetence and nepotism. Nowhere close to a championship.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
It IS entertaining! Because it's so fixable, but WILL they do it?

Not fixable really, but it's salvageable.

New coach from outside the organization is a clean slate for everyone, many of the players are over thinking and confidence has become too diminished under Todd. So clear that HE is the one holding everything back

Personnel wise, I love Lizo's energy but his size at C is a problem. Just a suggestion, maybe go with 7D instead with Clarke on PP1. Crazy but my point is many, many things can be tried but won't be tried because of Todd.

I dream to see Anschutz call a press conference once the season's over and he reads aloud every one he fires. Beckerman, Robitaille, Blake, Emerson, Yanetti, everyone. Then he announces who, the 1 and only, who is going to rebuild it all from scratch. All of it would never ever happen unfortunately, it's only a dream

Reactions: chris kontos

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Makes you wonder what ownership thinks of the Kings....or even if they think of the Kings. Is anyone paying attention at all.

Or is it simply:
Ownership: how's the team doing Blake?
Blake: We're in the playoffs currently and set for another run at the SCup.
Ownership: That's great, have a nice day.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I dream to see Anschutz call a press conference once the season's over and he reads aloud every one he fires. Beckerman, Robitaille, Blake, Emerson, Yanetti, everyone. Then he announces who, the 1 and only, who is going to rebuild it all from scratch. All of it would never ever happen unfortunately, it's only a dream

It is still pretty satisfying playing out this scenario in my head as I start another franchise in EHM/FHM though.

Reactions: GameNight

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
So we got Gallant, Boudreau, Berube, Evason and one name I haven't heard yet is Tippett.

It was rumored BLuc met with him in Minnesota as they were getting ready to fire Stevens. Tippett wasn't interested in an interim gig and would end up taking the Oilers job at the end of that season after Todd was fired earlier by the Oilers

I wonder if that could become an issue again with a new coaching candidate? Interim vs Permanent.

These jokers just have to get someone from outside goddammit

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I just can't really get on the fire Todd bandwagon. It doesn't excite me.

A coaching change doesn't get rid of the 8 year contract that might f*** this organization for a decade.

Todd is not a bad coach. I have my criticisms, but you're not going to get another coach in here with no blind spots.

It was management's job this offseason to create a 4 line team. They failed at that, and possibly made the roster worse. The coaching staff actually fixed the Kings' most glaring issue last year (the PK).

So my ire is more at management than it is at the coach.

That said, sometimes things get "stale" and a coaching change has to get made.

I speculate the Kings will probably pull themselves out of this current skid, but who knows.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think if they missed the playoffs that would also hit AEGs pocketbook and thus invalidate all the carte Blanche spending

I think they largely don’t care about the black hole as long as they get that sweet sweet two games of playoff revenue

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I do think the coach has to go. It’s an eight game losing streak, but we’ve been playing crappy for longer than that.

I also think Luc has to go. Have not liked him for years. This team was more worried about their pets for a couple years than playing hockey. We’re not worried about wearing circus helmets to play hockey and the atmosphere in the arena is horrible. I’m not sure who we’re trying to cater too but it’s not hockey fans.

I’m still not sold on firing Blake. He has made a lot of smart decisions and some of the big gaffes, I don’t know if he’s actually in control of.

The hiring of Bergeron, the trading for PLD all reek of upper management, getting their fingers in things.

I’m not even mad that he hired Todd as a coach at the time as Todd was a good coach for the team who was at the time. It’s the extension that was just given to him that worries me.

It’s going to be an interesting next 2 to 4 weeks to see where this franchise goes

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
I do think the coach has to go. It’s an eight game losing streak, but we’ve been playing crappy for longer than that.

I’m still not sold on firing Blake. He has made a lot of smart decisions and some of the big gaffes, I don’t know if he’s actually in control of.

The hiring of Bergeron, the trading for PLD all reek of upper management, getting their fingers in things.

I’m not even mad that he hired Todd as a coach at the time as Todd was a good coach for the team who was at the time. It’s the extension that was just given to him that worries me.

It’s going to be an interesting next 2 to 4 weeks to see where this franchise goes
There were rumors the Kings were trying to trade for PLD when he was still in Columbus. This was while Bergeron was still GM in Montreal. This is a Blake issue. He has to go with TMac, Luc, etc.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Ok ya'll mean Bergevin instead of Bergeron right? I wish we had Bergeron working the front office.

Todd still needs to go BTW.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
the entire mess with this team, mgmt, and front off ice would be pretty funny in a sick sort of way if it wasnt going to take ten f***ing years to fix it.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
So, I'm still working nights and my wife has been texting me that my 8 yo, Drew, has been screaming at the TV and throwing shit when they lose. Last minute loss to Florida, they blew it in Toronto, I would come home in the am and get an earful how this team sucks. Just funny that even an 8 yo can pick up on lack of effort and mismanagement of the puck and management can't figure it out.

In the back of my head, I watch him and he's becoming a bitter little pill when it comes to LA but he's hooked.

Also, just a fun note but we got to a game to see Philly and he finally got a puck. We held up a sign that said, Named our kid after #8 , can he get a puck? We were there for warmups and Daryl Evans saw him and told us to wait 5 minutes and he came back with one of the practice pucks and slid it through the glass. Coolest moment ever for a kid. It's in his room now.

Daryl was always super cool, but now he's been way elevated in our household.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad