Kings Coach Todd

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Ok Kings fans, If and it is a big if Blake were to release Todd as headcoach who would be a great fit to take over that could get this sorry group of players playing good sound hard to play against hockey and win games.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Ok Kings fans, If and it is a big if Blake were to release Todd as headcoach who would be a great fit to take over that could get this sorry group of players playing good sound hard to play against hockey and win games.
Blake goes with McLellan. He doesn't get a fourth coach just like Lombardi didn't. And Lombardi actually brought the cup to LA.

If Blake brought better results, he'd get more leeway.

The question is, would Luc actually look for another GM or is that why he brought in Marc Bergevin as an "advisor"?

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Begervin didn't do a good job in Montreal. I question his advice. I think long term Luc and Blake need to be released too. Luc hasn't done a thing to get this team back to cup contention. But I doubt that Beckman goes this deep in firing the top brass, but maybe a coaching change would save this season.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If TM gets fired it's just a Marco Sturm promotion.

It's why I'm not excited unless they houseclean which they undoubtedly wouldn't do until the offseason.

What you see is what you get, we are absolutely f***ed, with depreciating assets, and dog shit contracts.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021

It's why I'm not excited unless they houseclean which they undoubtedly wouldn't do until the offseason.

What you see is what you get, we are absolutely f***ed, with depreciating assets, and dog shit contracts.
The German Willie D! That could be a long term positive if Blake doesn't trade the 1st before getting fired in the spring.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007

I know they won’t do it, but boy it’d be great to see them offload everyone not named Byfield, Clarke, Spence, and a couple of other depth youngsters (AK and the group) and just do it for real. Take your lumps for real instead of pretending you aren’t. Grow a new identity and create a new era.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I know they won’t do it, but boy it’d be great to see them offload everyone not named Byfield, Clarke, Spence, and a couple of other depth youngsters (AK and the group) and just do it for real. Take your lumps for real instead of pretending you aren’t. Grow a new identity and create a new era.
They may have to whether they like it or not in about 3 years anyway.

Reactions: tigermask48

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal

in hindsight- should have been done 2-3 years ago with Doughty/Kopi. Kings have strongest D in recent memory doughty still logging major ice time even when he plays like shit- trade for what was supposed to be depth at center for a guy who cant play the pk- and now Kopi working the PK and logging major TOI. Epic failure and recipe for disaster when the solution was clearly in hand and tangible.

Last edited:

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
They may have to whether they like it or not in about 3 years anyway.
Pretty much. What does the core of this team look like in 3-5 years?

In 3 years you are have the final year of Danault, 2 years of Moore, and Fiala and PLD long term at forward under contract.
On Defense the last year of Doughty and 3 years of Mikey.

Add Clarke, Byfield and one of Ingham/Portillo as core pieces and its... not really great. Anderson and Clarke could be a great top pair but outside of Byfield there is zero top line talent anywhere in the organization right now.

The Kings are a team trending down unless a major shakeup happens someplace.

Reactions: Schmooley

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Blake is a vindictive bastard if he thinks he’s getting fired he will burn the village… oh wait he already started!

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
it’s one thing to trade a prospect or blow a pick. It’s another thing to f*** Jo on contracts. Look how many assets it took to get rid of Cal. Look how many assets it took to get PLD and look how many it’s gonna take to get rid of him.

Biggest problem in this organization is that between Luc and Blake is they are co-signing their own bullshit… mic drop

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
There's quite a few solid coaches out there right now .. Berube, Evason, Gallant, Woodcroft.. I think Quennville is hogtied due to the scandal in Chi - not sure his status. You give them a contract for this season and see what they can do then reassess in the off season.. my guess is AEG wouldnt even allow a long term contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad