MUZZIN LADUE
PHANEUF MARTINEZ

QUICK
PETERSEN

TOFFOLI, AMADIO SCRATCH

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Canadiens lose Nikita Scherbak to Los Angeles Kings on NHL waivers

“He’s cleared to play and we had no roster spots,” Canadiens coach Claude Julien said about Scherbak when he met with the media a couple of hours before Saturday night’s 3-2 win over the New York Rangers at the Bell Centre. “So this is a decision that we had to make and hopefully, for our sake, he gets through waivers and he continues to develop in Laval until we have room for him. At the same time, if you lose him that’s part of the game. Sometimes your hands are tied and you make decisions based on your situation.”

Reactions: Fixxer

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
A free player is coming, an ex-first round pick to boot. Montreal will likely regret this, Scherbak has offensive abilities.

Did the Kings drop anyone to make room for Scherbak?

hoping so! No word yet on anyone going down. I surmise that Amadio or Rempal go back to Ontario Reign. Hope he plays well and they trade Toffoli, who has largely done
nothing for 10 games. Nothing. I cannot imagine Scherbak plays in LA tonight vs Canes.

Reactions: Runner77

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Wanted this kid back in 2014, but he didn't fall to the Kings. He was praised at the time by his coaches for his work ethic (like Kovalchuk, he would ride the bike after games/practice when everyone else was relaxing).

Minimal risk/medium reward move.
- skill
- ethic
- forward/wing depth
- Rempal/Wagner/Amadio can marinate in the AHL, get more ice time, and make the Reign a better team

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
The Russians are coming!
I'll take two more please.

torpedo-nizhny-novgorod-regions-alexander-frolov-and-ska-st-voinov-picture-id642600046

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad