KINGS Claim Nikita Scherbak

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
A Kings fan becomes of all things a ducks fan because of ...... Dean Lombardi??? The world is on its rear.

The Kovalchuk signing (and the Patches rumor) are another case of Blake just doing something that was tried before by the previous regime.

Same thing as trading for Smyth, Penner, Carter and Gaborik. Acquire an expensive vet because the current existing vets don’t score enough to be better than middle of the pack. Despite one of the highest paid rosters.

I’ve viewed the problem to be a one dimensional defense, and thought Blake should upgrade and overhaul there instead of signing a UFA forward.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
A Kings fan becomes of all things a ducks fan because of ...... Dean Lombardi??? The world is on its rear.

The Kovalchuk signing (and the Patches rumor) are another case of Blake just doing something that was tried before by the previous regime.

Same thing as trading for Smyth, Penner, Carter and Gaborik. Acquire an expensive vet because the current existing vets don’t score enough to be better than middle of the pack. Despite one of the highest paid rosters.

I’ve viewed the problem to be a one dimensional defense, and thought Blake should upgrade and overhaul there instead of signing a UFA forward.

Cmon man, get your facts straight,

I will give you Smyth...but Penner, Carter, and Gaborik??? Seriously? All 3 were instrumental in the cup runs, and Gaborik shouldn't have been resigned to that deal, if that's the argument, ok fine, I agree, but to argue against trading for them? Cmon

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
The argument is that the Kings can’t score because their defensemen outside of Doughty are not great puck movers when compared to contenders. The problem is management has historically chased wingers (might as well list the worst one, Lucic) instead of evolving the defensive group. Outside of the costly trade for Sekera, nothing has been done to address the hole left by the felon ex-King.

Instead we are left to witness Phaneuf and Forbort get fed minutes and suck up and down the ice most games.

Cmon man, get your facts straight,

I will give you Smyth...but Penner, Carter, and Gaborik??? Seriously? All 3 were instrumental in the cup runs, and Gaborik shouldn't have been resigned to that deal, if that's the argument, ok fine, I agree, but to argue against trading for them? Cmon

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The argument is that the Kings can’t score because their defensemen outside of Doughty are not great puck movers when compared to contenders. The problem is management has historically chased wingers (might as well list the worst one, Lucic) instead of evolving the defensive group. Outside of the costly trade for Sekera, nothing has been done to address the hole left by the felon ex-King.

Instead we are left to witness Phaneuf and Forbort get fed minutes and suck up and down the ice most games.

So just to be clear, you want everyone to forget about Muzzin, Martinez, and Walker??

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
So just to be clear, you want everyone to forget about Muzzin, Martinez, and Walker??

I have hopes for Walker, but no, I don’t think Muzzin or Martinez are good enough at skating out the puck to be better than a 3/4/5 on a playoff team with realistic expectations for a deep run, aka contender.

And frankly, Doughty should skate the puck out more too. Every time I see him go across the ice to Forbort in the defensive zone I first cringe, then sigh and then drink more beer.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I have hopes for Walker, but no, I don’t think Muzzin or Martinez are good enough at skating out the puck to be better than a 3/4/5 on a playoff team with realistic expectations for a deep run, aka contender.

And frankly, Doughty should skate the puck out more too. Every time I see him go across the ice to Forbort in the defensive zone I first cringe, then sigh and then drink more beer.
That's half your problem, your drunk during warmups,

So you don't want Muzzin/Martinez to be a 3/4/5 on a contender, and you leave out the fact that they are 3/4/5 right now, simply amazing.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
That's half your problem, your drunk during warmups,

So you don't want Muzzin/Martinez to be a 3/4/5 on a contender, and you leave out the fact that they are 3/4/5 right now, simply amazing.

The only fact being left out is they play for a lottery contender not a playoff contender. You don’t need to be sober to get that.

Reactions: BigKing

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The only fact being left out is they play for a lottery contender not a playoff contender. You don’t need to be sober to get that.

Which has nothing to do with their puck moving ability and a helluva lot to do team wide, but yea, probably don't wanna get sober for that

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Well, he has only played one game. 1 shot on goal, -3 for the game. He drew a penalty, shot the puck high and wide for a Grade A scoring area on a beautiful set up by Amadio, and gave the puck away with the goalie pulled to seal the deal for the opponent.
Thanks. Actually I was being a wise guy, as in the main topic has been Blake's performance so far and whether he has the chops to do this rebuild the right way.

Back to Sherbak, seems like he hasn't developed much since being drafted.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Thanks. Actually I was being a wise guy, as in the main topic has been Blake's performance so far and whether he has the chops to do this rebuild the right way.

Back to Sherbak, seems like he hasn't developed much since being drafted.

He has some skills, but his awkward skating style (hunched over, a lot like Brad Morrison on the Reign) seems to be slower than most, maybe it's a lack of quickness. He can move laterally, but everything feels like it's in slow motion for some reason.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->