Pre-Game Talk: Kings @ Avs | Wednesday, February 26th, 8pm MT | #FreeEJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Trust me, it doesn't work. I once wrote a letter to Joe Sakic as a kid and that ******* never replied.

In Sakic's defense it's kinda difficult to write a letter when you're busy stuffing your hand into the operating end of a snow-blower trying desperately to avoid coming back to play for Sacco.:sarcasm:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
At least we're not talking about Radulov here.

BhWY-jOCYAA7VYX.jpg:large

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Avs did a really nice job taking pics of Landy and Duchene with their medals, I recommend checking out the gallery on the official site. So happy for those guys.

The Olympics are over.

It would be nice to see those guys hoisting a Stanley Cup overhead. Otherwise, I don't really care that much. Olympic medals are like individual awards. They are nice accolades and for better or worse are part of the determining factor for entry into the HHOF...but the Holy Grail still awaits everyone of our players not named Giguere, Sarich, Talbot or Tanguay.

Winter is coming.

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
The Olympics are over.

It would be nice to see those guys hoisting a Stanley Cup overhead. Otherwise, I don't really care that much. Olympic medals are like individual awards. They are nice accolades and for better or worse are part of the determining factor for entry into the HHOF...but the Holy Grail still awaits everyone of our players not named Sarich, Talbot or Tanguay.

Winter is coming.

Giguere says hi.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Olympics are over.

It would be nice to see those guys hoisting a Stanley Cup overhead. Otherwise, I don't really care that much. Olympic medals are like individual awards. They are nice accolades and for better or worse are part of the determining factor for entry into the HHOF...but the Holy Grail still awaits everyone of our players not named Giguere, Sarich, Talbot or Tanguay.

Winter is coming.

It was their first day back. I think it's ok to honor their accomplishment especially since they are franchise cornerstones. Get prepared to see the medals mentioned at the game tomorrow too. Of course the only thing I care about is them winning a Cup but I like them as players too and I enjoy seeing their success. Just like when they win NHL awards and other meaningless things.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It was their first day back. I think it's ok to honor their accomplishment especially since they are franchise cornerstones. Get prepared to see the medals mentioned at the game tomorrow too. Of course the only thing I care about is them winning a Cup but I like them as players too and I enjoy seeing their success. Just like when they win NHL awards and other meaningless things.

I'm glad that sarcasm smiley was there in your quote because I wasn't sure if it was there before the edit or not. Either way, I wasn't really serious about the players not being given a minute to reflect on their accomplishments or lack there of...

Either way, yes...they Olympics were a milestone..but I'm not a fan of any national team. I'm not even that big of a fan for the US (my home country)...I just don't get the extreme love of the Olympics. It's good hockey...but it only happens every four years and it doesn't even come close to matching the intensity of the playoff stretch for the NHL or the sheer animosity and talent on display for the first round of the Stanley Cup Finals, which happens every single non-lockout year.

In my opinion, since they quit throwing Christians into the ring with lions, nothing has really matched the vicious nature of sport quite like the first round of the NHL playoffs (unless you count mad muslims' throwing planes at buildings but that's not really a sport in my opinion...more like shooting fish in a barrel.) :sarcasm:

Please...don't miss the :sarcasm: smiley here. I really don't hate Christians or Muslims...They just both appear to be hell bent on fighting gays now and it's not quite as fun to kick George Takei. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Is this the confirmed lineup?

O'Reilly-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-Stastny-MacKinnon
Talbot-Mitchell-McGinn
McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau

Hejda-Holden
Wilson-Barrie
Benoit-Guenin

Giggy
Varly

?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is this the confirmed lineup?

O'Reilly-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-Stastny-MacKinnon
Talbot-Mitchell-McGinn
McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau

Hejda-Holden
Wilson-Barrie
Benoit-Guenin

Giggy
Varly

?

Making some assumptions after Roy gave out the top 6, defensive pairings, and goalie... I'd say it is about as confirmed as you can get.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
In that case it bodes well for MacKinnon and Landeskog continuing their point streaks.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
In that case it bodes well for MacKinnon and Landeskog continuing their point streaks.

Landeskog on the half boards to Stastny below the line, to Mackinnon somewhere in the slot or circles area.

So damn excited for hockey again. Unfortunately its on at 10EST, does not look well for my sleep for work tomorrow morning at 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad