Kings are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Well that ought to shut up their twitter account for awhile. :sarcasm:

They just don't score when they need to. They could probably use a long off-season to recharge. I'm guessing they'd like to move out a boat anchor contract or two but it'll be tough.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The truth hurts.

One of the general themes within this thread.

Oh lord, I was joking about the odds, don't be a robot.

"injuries" is an excuse. "fatigue" is an excuse. "Now we get McDavid" is only an excuse if you're reaching.

nwofoxhound

Jan 16, 2010
Ventura County, CA
To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. As much as it pains me to admit, the Flames & Jets absolutely deserved to make the playoffs this year over us.

The lackadaisical play in extra time cost us dearly, as did our inability to close out teams like Edmonton & Leafs early in the season.

No excuses, just bad play. This wasn't a case of arrogance. It was a case of other teams wanting it more.

In the meantime, we'll be in the corner, licking our wounds, but we'll be back next year! I can handle a cup every other year :handclap:

To all those reveling in our loss, just know that karma can be a real b. Good luck. The real battle starts now.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Sour grapes

Why are you sitting here trolling Kings fans after their team just missed the chance to compete for another cup? I as a Hawks fan have more respect for the Kings than any other team in the league. Our matchups have been some of the best hockey in years. It will be weird without them in the playoffs, but I think it helps our chances to advance to a SCF.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. As much as it pains me to admit, the Flames & Jets absolutely deserved to make the playoffs this year over us.

The lackadaisical play in extra time cost us dearly, as did our inability to close out teams like Edmonton & Leafs early in the season.

No excuses, just bad play. This wasn't a case of arrogance. It was a case of other teams wanting it more.

In the meantime, we'll be in the corner, licking our wounds, but we'll be back next year! I can handle a cup every other year :handclap:

To all those reveling in our loss, just know that karma can be a real b. Good luck. The real battle starts now.
Ah, it sucks getting kicked while you are down but what do you expect? When you are the champs there is a target on your back.

Off topic, does this now make the West a weaker conference? Ya I went there.

KingClipper

#FireLuc #FireBlake
Jul 30, 2014
Why are you sitting here trolling Kings fans after their team just missed the chance to compete for another cup? I as a Hawks fan have more respect for the Kings than any other team in the league. Our matchups have been some of the best hockey in years. It will be weird without them in the playoffs, but I think it helps our chances to advance to a SCF.

I'm guessing he's one of the loud majority of obnoxious bandwagon Blackhawks "fans." I'm sure his excuse will be that he was boycotting Dollar Bill's ownership, just like what all the other bandwagoners say.

SLarmer28*

Oh lord, I was joking about the odds, don't be a robot.

"injuries" is an excuse. "fatigue" is an excuse. "Now we get McDavid" is only an excuse if you're reaching.
Injuries? The Chicago Blackhawks have endured their fair of injuries this season: van Riemsdyk, Sharp, Crawford, Versteeg, Kane.

Fatigue? Don't tell me about fatigue when the Chicago Blackhawks have played a hell of a lot more playoff games than the Los Angeles Kings since the 2008-09 NHL Season.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Injuries? The Chicago Blackhawks have endured their fair of injuries this season: van Riemsdyk, Sharp, Crawford, Versteeg, Kane.

Fatigue? Don't tell me about fatigue when the Chicago Blackhawks have played a hell of a lot more playoff games than the Los Angeles Kings since the 2008-09 NHL Season.

The Blackhawks sure are great!

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I'm guessing he's one of the loud majority of obnoxious bandwagon Blackhawks "fans." I'm sure his excuse will be that he was boycotting Dollar Bill's ownership, just like what all the other bandwagoners say.

Alright alright. I wasn't trying to bring fanbases into the conversation. On a hockey level, its mutual respect to the max. That's all I wanted to say and I think that goes for almost every Hawks fan out there.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Not that anyone mentioned this here in this thread, but I don't want to hear about how fans in LA aren't passionate about hockey. Tell that to my broken guitar after tonight's loss....

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Really happy that we are getting a Van - Clg matchup

LA played hard, and as much as I don't like them, that's mainly because they've been a force over the last few years. They played their guts out but couldnt get anything done.

Props to the kings and their fans, you'll make an extremely quick turnaround next year I'm sure.

But seriously...... don't win the draft lottery, just do that one thing for me please :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad