Confirmed with Link: Kings aquire Bishop, 2017 5th rd pk for Budaj , Erik Cernak, 7th & cond pick

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
It is already know, what are conditions for the conditional draft pick?

There was talk, that is too complicated. But im sure, it is not so complicated, that we cant understand it.

Not that I'm aware of. Just that it could go as high as a 2nd.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Don't be obtuse with the 7th round nonsense.

Look at the NHL success rate of 2nd round picks. You have less than a 50% chance that the guy ends up playing a couple season's of NHL hockey. It's throwing darts at a board from 20 feet away. Ok, so he was their first pick. That's not inherently valuable. There's context. Hickey was a reach, and that was a wasted pick, even though he's gone on to play in over 300 games and counting. Cernak, or whoever they might've picked in the middle of the 2nd round if not him, is a shot in the dark. If that selection works out, that will only help you, but if there was a science to it, you wouldn't see as many missed picks by every team. You can pick between any 2 or 3 random guys in the 2nd round and get something, or nothing.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Look at the NHL success rate of 2nd round picks. You have less than a 50% chance that the guy ends up playing a couple season's of NHL hockey. It's throwing darts at a board from 20 feet away. Ok, so he was their first pick. That's not inherently valuable. There's context. Hickey was a reach, and that was a wasted pick, even though he's gone on to play in over 300 games and counting. Cernak, or whoever they might've picked in the middle of the 2nd round if not him, is a shot in the dark. If that selection works out, that will only help you, but if there was a science to it, you wouldn't see as many missed picks by every team. You can pick between any 2 or 3 random guys in the 2nd round and get something, or nothing.

I understand the hit rate, but I'd like to think that when you know you aren't drafting until 40th or whatever that you've really got a good bead on the players that will be available at that spot since you don't need to waste much time scouting the top of the draft unless you would be in a trade-up position, which the Kings haven't really had the assets to do so as far as moving into the Top 10. Still not an exact science but they look to be 0-4 with an incomplete on Lintuinemi and Clague and I don't think anyone is expecting big things from the former, although defensemen do take time. You are talking about less than 50% hit rate: Kings are going with a 0% hit rate in the 2nd round since 2011.

I'm not expecting them to pull a Simmonds or Toffoli all of the time but I'm also not expecting them to easily discard these guys two seasons after selecting them for **** rentals that result in nothing at present or for the future.

BamBam1031

Aug 8, 2008
Apologies if this has been asked, but is Bishop the tallest goalie the Kings have ever had?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad