Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season - The Luc and Rob Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal
Kings need to send Amadio and Luff down and pick up some scrub on the waiver wire.
In a season of disappointing performances , Amadio is overlooked. He showed flashes of being a #3C last year. Instead he looks completely out of place in the NHL. I still think he needs to play more, but unless he turns it around, it’s not looking good for him.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
agreed with the fact LA should not give up any asset for a goalie replacement. If they brought Mason or Lehtonen on a 1 year $1M deal I would be ok with it

If last night's game is indicative --and assuming Quick and Campbell are going to be out appreciably longer-- I agree with this sentiment. Sign a "sacrificial-lamb" mediocre NHL-goalie to ride out the suckage (if/when Quick does come back, this guy will be the back-up, and then take over full-time if/when Quick is traded), and send Petersen down rather than expose him to this (for some reason, I had flashbacks of Adam Hauser last night, albeit nowhere near as severe).

Reactions: KINGS17

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
In a season of disappointing performances , Amadio is overlooked. He showed flashes of being a #3C last year. Instead he looks completely out of place in the NHL. I still think he needs to play more, but unless he turns it around, it’s not looking good for him.

Folks need to repeat after me. "The NHL is not a development league". Repeat that 1000 times if you want to rush a prospect up.

Reactions: YP44 and efhank

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
He’s been playing wing a lot, and yes he is lost there

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Don't pin anything on a rookie when the vets are dropping the ball.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

I don't think it's so much singling out Amadio, but maybe more that he's misplaced right now. He's a center, not a wing, and he's much better off playing as the #1C in Ontario rather than being put in a position he doesn't really play and learn on the fly at the NHL level. He has to be accountable for his own game of course, but he's not really being put in a spot where he can succeed right now.

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal
Not pinning anything. He is far down the list of reasons we are horrible. I just think we all had high hopes for him, and he looks beyond lost. Hopefully he can turn a corner at some point.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Folks need to repeat after me. "The NHL is not a development league". Repeat that 1000 times if you want to rush a prospect up.

If Amadio played #1 center and got all of Kopitar's minutes for 1 game, he would perform better than Kopitar is now.

When Kopitar came to LA as a 19 year old and got 5 minutes on the 4th line every 4 games he would have failed.

Kempe succeeded last year, because every night, he got 14 minutes CENTERING line 2 and was never removed from that line and
got consistent time. If you go back and see league stats, he was actually in the top 10 in the entire NHL in some stats -
even strength goals and shooting percentage numbers...when Carter came in, it all ended for him. Shoud it have?
Yes and NO. He got his minutes screwed and played with different players most every night and sometimes wing and
sometimes center. He's never been the same.

Amadio was skating faster and was playing great in pre-season and the first week or two...the word was, he had some injury.
He's probably playing through it.

Reactions: SoulAssassin

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I don't think it's so much singling out Amadio, but maybe more that he's misplaced right now. He's a center, not a wing, and he's much better off playing as the #1C in Ontario rather than being put in a position he doesn't really play and learn on the fly at the NHL level. He has to be accountable for his own game of course, but he's not really being put in a spot where he can succeed right now.
Yeah misusing him is a big problem. And I just think its hard for rookies to play when the best players on the team are awful.

Not pinning anything. He is far down the list of reasons we are horrible. I just think we all had high hopes for him, and he looks beyond lost. Hopefully he can turn a corner at some point.

Oh I see man, rookies don't perform well when the best players on the team are dragging down team morale rather than leading by example.

Reactions: Fishhead

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
If Amadio played #1 center and got all of Kopitar's minutes for 1 game, he would perform better than Kopitar is now.

When Kopitar came to LA as a 19 year old and got 5 minutes on the 4th line every 4 games he would have failed.

Kempe succeeded last year, because every night, he got 14 minutes CENTERING line 2 and was never removed from that line and
got consistent time. If you go back and see league stats, he was actually in the top 10 in the entire NHL in some stats -
even strength goals and shooting percentage numbers...when Carter came in, it all ended for him. Shoud it have?
Yes and NO. He got his minutes screwed and played with different players most every night and sometimes wing and
sometimes center. He's never been the same.

Amadio was skating faster and was playing great in pre-season and the first week or two...the word was, he had some injury.
He's probably playing through it.

Please tell me you aren't using the bolded to say that Amadio should be playing good minutes etc?

He wasn't playing against NHL competition...THATS why he looked faster than he is, and played greater than he is.....the fact that you compare him to Kopitar is absolutely brutal.

Amadio I think will have a future in the league, but it will be as a journeyman.....nothing more...nothing less....

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings keep recalling the same guys and they can’t do anything. Wagner, Luff, Amadio and Rempal have a combined 1 goal.

I like the youth re tooling but at a certain point they gotta look to picking up a guy on waivers or trade a low pick for a mid 20’s bust type guy for depth. Like a Dano.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The issue with Amadio and the other fringe, young forwards is they haven’t objectively outplayed guys like Clifford, Thompson or Lewis. On paper, the Kings are playing kids, who aren’t grabbing a permanent spot because the team is losing.

I don’t think it’s unrelated that the Kings are at there best when their depth guys play well in the rare game. Until the system and players change, it’s gonna be mostly down, with some unexpected wins sprinkled in.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Kings keep recalling the same guys and they can’t do anything. Wagner, Luff, Amadio and Rempal have a combined 1 goal.

I like the youth re tooling but at a certain point they gotta look to picking up a guy on waivers or trade a low pick for a mid 20’s bust type guy for depth. Like a Dano.

Jacob Del La Rose would have been a decent add but I believe the Wings had a higher waiver priority at the time. Also, we rarely know what teams actually end up putting claims in. Would be interesting to see if the Kings have missed out on players that have been claimed.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The issue with Amadio and the other fringe, young forwards is they haven’t objectively outplayed guys like Clifford, Thompson or Lewis. On paper, the Kings are playing kids, who aren’t grabbing a permanent spot because the team is losing.

I don’t think it’s unrelated that the Kings are at there best when their depth guys play well in the rare game. Until the system and players change, it’s gonna be mostly down, with some unexpected wins sprinkled in.
That’s a bunch of BS! Amadio get minimal minutes with scrubs who have zero instinct. Heck when Wagner and Amadio were paired they were dangerous but Wags is Lewis 2.0 so there’s that.. Amadio is this teams 3C and they need to play him as such to really allow him to develop.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Please tell me you aren't using the bolded to say that Amadio should be playing good minutes etc?

He wasn't playing against NHL competition...THATS why he looked faster than he is, and played greater than he is.....the fact that you compare him to Kopitar is absolutely brutal.

Amadio I think will have a future in the league, but it will be as a journeyman.....nothing more...nothing less....

I am saying that Amadio cannot succeed if he never gets to play consistent minutes as a center with linemates that can score.
Even Dwight King and Jordan Nolan got to play 25+ games with Mike Richards. Toffoli and Pearson were given immediate
top 6 icetime. I am saying that if Amadio had minutes and icetime that Kopitar does, he would have as many or points than Kopitar's 8
points. I didn't say he was better than Kopitar. Amadio is not 100% healthy unfortunately.

If Jeff Carter is not injured and out most of last season, Kempe would have been on line 3 and 4, switching back from center, to wing to scratched
and would not have succeeded. Players with skill need consistent minutes with consistent linemates to succeed. Maybe 10% of skilled
NHL players like a Filip Forsberg could go out there with 2 pylons and still produce....but that is not the norm.

When Kopitar broke in 2006-07 season at 19, he got to play with Frolov and Brown...had they put him on line 4 with John Zeller and Jamie Lundmark,
and 7 minutes of icetime, he would have failed.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Ah yes, high-scoring Marko Dano, he of 3 points in the last 2 seasons (31 games) with high-scoring Winnipeg and Colorado. That'll definitely solve our problems.

Reactions: kilowatt

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Kempe had one hot streak right when Carter was injured, and has been abysmal ever since. It’s clear the hot streak was the anomaly, not his current play.

The issue is that these prospects just aren’t very good. They’re mostly fringe NHLers with incomplete or mediocre skill sets, even Kempe. The only thing Kempe does consistently well is skate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad