Post-Game Talk: King dethroned!! Habs win 7-4!!

skipp18

Oct 18, 2006
Montreal
Not sure if this has been posted...
But no team EVER has made it to the cup finals after playing two game 7's in one playoff. EVER.
Habs vs. Hawks finals?? ;)

Bruins did it in 2011. 3/4 of their series went 7 including the final.
They beat the Habs in 7, the flyers in 4 then the lightning in 7.
Finally the Canucks in 7.

theschwab13

Jul 2, 2012
Bruins did it in 2011. 3/4 of their series went 7 including the final.
They beat the Habs in 7, the flyers in 4 then the lightning in 7.
Finally the Canucks in 7.

Perhaps I misread the T.V. Sorry guys...
I did read something about teams playing more than 18 games before the cup final has never won?

EDIT:
It was game 7's in first two rounds!!!

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Yes, I know, but that one was quite something. The coach should at least try to avoid streching his players' reserves like that.

Of course Therrien is playing tighter and giving more TOI to his best players. But I still don't see how this bench is managed either at the micro-level (i.e. within one period) or at the macro-level (i.e. over the season).
Line-up is the Macro level.
So you don't see management of the bench at Macro level?
Interesting... I was think that Gallagher, Bournival and Galchenyuk.
Weaver, Murray, Bouillon, Beaulieu, Tinordi went in and out all season.
You may disagree but saying no bench management?:shakehead

And you don't see bench being managed during the games?

I am going to give you a few links. Then you can come back and tell me how many lines were built in this round alone:
Do you see any changes in the lines?:sarcasm:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
NHL are trying so much to even things out. They didn't punish the head butt cause they didn't punish the cross-check(which was nothing). Then they give Moore two games, just cause they had given Prust two games on a similar hit. While really Moore's hit was far more dangerous, it was intent to injure, vengeance on a guy Moore wanted to take out. Plus there was a message sent by the league after the Prust hit to "don't do that, kids". But that kids did not care for it, cause he went and did the hit anyway. So in the futur folks, "if you want to give a head shot to anybody, go ahead kids, you'll only get 2 games".

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
only made 4, 5 great passes again, a great backcheck and was part of the important 4-1 goal. All that while being injured and having 8:55 TOI.

but yeah, let's rather throw the skill monster Prust in there. because he's showing so much more effffooooort duh.

Real hockey expert right there.

There are more worthy candidates for you to fight their battles for them.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
So now we need to pray tht Diaz doesn't enter God mode and just destroy us, cause he's basicaly Lidstrom.

Nynja*

No team has made the finals playing more than 18 games in the past 20 or so yrs

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
No team has made the finals playing more than 18 games in the past 20 or so yrs

A few weeks ago, somebody had posted that no team had won the conference finals after going to game 7 in the two previous rounds. They had a 100% failure rate, which would mean that the Kings and the Rangers (who played 14 games in the first two rounds) were guaranteed to lose if we take the statistic seriously.

I was on the side that the statistic was a fluke. We could still see a Kings Rangers final.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
It's a joke it was a 5 min major. And the ref was looking right at it.

bourquegif2.gif

Lol Weaver skating by and rips the bucket off Dorsett head...That's classic:handclap::handclap::handclap:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
A few weeks ago, somebody had posted that no team had won the conference finals after going to game 7 in the two previous rounds. They had a 100% failure rate, which would mean that the Kings and the Rangers (who played 14 games in the first two rounds) were guaranteed to lose if we take the statistic seriously.

I was on the side that the statistic was a fluke. We could still see a Kings Rangers final.

Of course it's a fluke. The idea is that the correlation between the grind if 14 intense games and success is something to be aware of - the Rags were 2nd best the last two games. They look tired.

I'm still majorly pessimistic, we really need to shut em down from the get go, slow the game and get a PP goal or two.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Of course it's a fluke. The idea is that the correlation between the grind if 14 intense games and success is something to be aware of - the Rags were 2nd best the last two games. They look tired.

I'm still majorly pessimistic, we really need to shut em down from the get go, slow the game and get a PP goal or two.

A lot of people did not get that it was a fluke.

Aa for pessimism, I think our odds of going to the finals are ~ 30%, not bad really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad