Post-Game Talk: King dethroned!! Habs win 7-4!!

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
He's going to have growing pains..he's a high risk player, Subban and Markov still have shockingly bad games due to their playing style and the former is one of the best blueliners in the game.

I think he has shown he is worth putting up with the bad though, it would be a mistake to be trigger-shy with his usage.

He makes some really intelligent reads sometimes on the ice. At some point last game, Pacioretty came down low to recuperate a puck, but decided to chip it off the boards. I don't know who the hell Pacioretty was expecting to get that chip off the boards, since he's the winger and he should be the outlet option on a play like that. Fortunately for Patches though, Beaulieu exploded from the front of the net to get to that puck before the defenseman and we managed to get out of the zone.

The guy really has a good natural and instinctive feel about what to do and where to be on the ice. That combined to his skills and skating ability will enable him to outweigh his bad plays with many more good plays in general IMO.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
That's some Michel Therrien logic right there.

When you get to choose team canada, the crop you're choosing from is so damn deep that the likelhood of choosing a team that can't win is incredibly low. And just because a team wins doesn't mean every single component on that team is untouchable.

This past Team Canada played one of the best hockey tournaments in the history of the sport... their system was so effective with the players chosen. Team USA who were dominating the rest of the world looked like a Division 2 team against them... the only time I was nervous the whole tournament was against Latvia and that was because of a flash in the pan performance by an unknown goalie.

Steve Yzerman deserves credit for selecting the right mix of size, speed, defensive awareness and talent.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Jon Stewart did a segment on this which was hilarious. You can probably find it on youtube.

yeah, you do know that that was not really a Jon Stewart segment, right?

It's great but someone pieced that together using JS segments and Bruins highlights (or lowlights rather)

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
Lundqvist is not the king... I dont know where he got that nickname from but he's not king lmao

Ok he's ONE of the best even If perso I always thought he's overated but he does not deserves that title.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
That's some Michel Therrien logic right there.

When you get to choose team canada, the crop you're choosing from is so damn deep that the likelhood of choosing a team that can't win is incredibly low. And just because a team wins doesn't mean every single component on that team is untouchable.

Yeah except no. If they'd lost, we'd be hearing nothing but how he made all the wrong picks. It's a thankless task basically. I would have taken MSL over Kunitz but I was not privy to the discussions amongst the coaching staff about how they wanted to put the team together and what roles they wanted guys to play. Were you?

That said MSL did not look that great when he did play. Kunitz was hot and cold (mostly cold) but was great in the Gold Medal game.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Lundqvist is not the king... I dont know where he got that nickname from but he's not king lmao

Ok he's ONE of the best even If perso I always thought he's overated but he does not deserves that title.

How is he overrated? The guy has been the most consistently great goaltender since coming into the league. He has an incredible game 7 record and always bounces back after a bad game. I doubt Montreal will score a lot of goals on him tomorrow night.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
How is he overrated? The guy has been the most consistently great goaltender since coming into the league. He has an incredible game 7 record and always bounces back after a bad game. I doubt Montreal will score a lot of goals on him tomorrow night.

but we will score enough to come back to MTl for game 7

(please please please)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
There is reason to believe there was intent, which differs from the Prust hit.

Moore Big Hit in 1st period:
VagueLoneCobra.gif

Weise Revenge Hit in 2nd period (he likely said something to Moore there):
VagueFarawayAlpinegoat.gif

Moore Hit in 3rd period:
854716859.gif

These aren't big minute players, they engaged 5 times in their few shifts in the game:
1st period
0.20 - HIT - MTL #22 WEISE HIT NYR #17 MOORE, Off. Zone
11:48 - HIT - NYR #17 MOORE HIT MTL #22 WEISE, Def. Zone

2nd period
8:44 - HIT - NYR #17 MOORE HIT MTL #22 WEISE, Def. Zone
8:55 - HIT - MTL #22 WEISE HIT NYR #17 MOORE, Off. Zone

3rd period
10:41 - PENL - NYR #17 MOORE Match penalty(10 min), Neu. Zone Drawn By: MTL #22 WEISE

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
League looked at Bourque cross-check and Dorsett head butt but nothing will come of it. No hearings for either player

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
There is reason to believe there was intent, which differs from the Prust hit.

Moore Big Hit in 1st period:
VagueLoneCobra.gif

Weise Revenge Hit in 2nd period (he likely said something to Moore there):
VagueFarawayAlpinegoat.gif

Moore Hit in 3rd period:
854716859.gif

These aren't big minute players, they engaged 5 times in their few shifts in the game:
1st period
0.20 - HIT - MTL #22 WEISE HIT NYR #17 MOORE, Off. Zone
11:48 - HIT - NYR #17 MOORE HIT MTL #22 WEISE, Def. Zone

2nd period
8:44 - HIT - NYR #17 MOORE HIT MTL #22 WEISE, Def. Zone
8:55 - HIT - MTL #22 WEISE HIT NYR #17 MOORE, Off. Zone

3rd period
10:41 - PENL - NYR #17 MOORE Match penalty(10 min), Neu. Zone Drawn By: MTL #22 WEISE

Been saying this since the hit happened. We'll see if Quintal has the guts to use the pre-meditation in his ruling but Moore only makes that hit because it's Weise.

BAS7ARD1Z3R

Nov 29, 2013
"Habs will just not go away. If Rangers lose thursday - this is over. Gut instinct says Habs in 7. Hate so say it. Sometimes the impossible happens, and this is the year it'll probably happen. A Cinderella team going to the finals on a backup goalie... "

i loled when i read that :laugh:

Last edited:

theschwab13

Jul 2, 2012
Not sure if this has been posted...
But no team EVER has made it to the cup finals after playing two game 7's in one playoff. EVER.
Habs vs. Hawks finals?? ;)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Not sure if this has been posted...
But no team EVER has made it to the cup finals after playing two game 7's in one playoff. EVER.
Habs vs. Hawks finals?? ;)

Technically, for the Habs to make the finals they'd have to win 2 straight game 7s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad