Injury Report: Kimmo Timonen (foot) August 27, 2013 update (post #92)

Brostradamus

LegionOfDoom Reunion
Feb 2, 2012
Dub C
I only got to see one of Laughton's playoff games, but he was the best, fastest, smartest player on the ice. Better than the more heralded, and very good, Boone Jenner and Ryan Strome.

In the event that they make the Playoffs can Laughton be called up as a Black Ace without it messing up his eligibility, cap, ect... any CBA guys know the answer?

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
In the event that they make the Playoffs can Laughton be called up as a Black Ace without it messing up his eligibility, cap, ect... any CBA guys know the answer?

he played his 5 games and a callup this season isnt going to happen (nor does it need to happen)

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Holmgren can't win in the eyes of people like you. If he traded picks or prospects for a d man, people would whine. There was really no one serviceable out there that wasn't ridiculously priced.

Also If you look at the players on the board at the time we were drafting last year, the next 3 dmen were maatta, matheson, and schmaltz. Since the draft, it's looked like Laughton is the best prospect of the group. Holmgren made the right call on Laughton.
Exactly. The armchair GMing like its a video game is out of control around here.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I hope this is nothing too serious, because he's been one of our top players this season and he's invaluable on the power play. Defensively, he does make some mistakes and is not full-proof, but he's still better than the rest of the guys currently in the line-up.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
no worries on Timonen. He is a GTD per Holmgren.

INJURY UPDATE
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren gave a brief update on three injured Flyers, the most recent being the status of defenseman Kimmo Timonen who did not finish last night's game at Toronto.

Timonen suffered an undisclosed injury and will be a game-time decision for Saturday's 3 p.m. faceoff against the Jets in Winnipeg.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64095

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I expect that Timonen needs a bit more time in the Fortress of Solitude allowing the new leg to regenerate completely. Holmgren should sign the old stump to an ATO and get it in Adirondack to bolster the Phantoms defense.

RJ8812*

game-time decision for tomorrow

at least that means the injury is too bad

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So...if Kimmo is out, then techically....5 of our top 6 D-men on the payroll are hurt. That is crazy...just keep winning boys.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Probably a deep bruise.
Every normal human being would be out for 7-10 days but the Iron Man may just limp his way through the game.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Timonen may wear added protection around the skate...

Although Timonen has never worn fenders, which fit over the top portion of the skate to protect the more vulnerable area of the foot under a skate's laces, he said he will consider wearing them this season simply because he’s been hit so often with pucks.

He also plans to play for Finland at the Sochi Olympics if chosen.

“This might not be my last year in the NHL, but it would definitely be my last Olympics,” he said.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/timonen-im-not-sure-if-my-last-season

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
that would be great if he can stay for another season untill Hagg or Gostisbehere are ready and if Goaltending is great would another season to try and get the cup for him

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Very true but I don't think he's worth $6M right now let alone another year of it (assuming he's good to play again).

I was more referring to the "I would love to have him back" portion of your comment. Timing is important and there is no need to jump the gun until the team and player have had time to evaluate their interests.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I was more referring to the "I would love to have him back" portion of your comment. Timing is important and there is no need to jump the gun until the team and player have had time to evaluate their interests.

Yes from business standpoint but I was talking from a fan standpoint under the assumption he will be good for another go around after this year.

If he's not good to go (which we should have a good feeling of that by the half point next year) then obviously my stance would change.

He doesn't seem like the type of guy who would hold out for a retirement, he strikes me as a guy who will know when it's his time to hang them up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad