Injury Report: Kimmo Timonen (foot) August 27, 2013 update (post #92)

Invictus146

Aug 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Kimmo's a tough, tough guy. Here's hoping he heals quickly and can play (effectively) through the pain (don't want to think of the other options... - LALALAAA)

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
with the warrior that Timonen it is concerning he didn't play the last half of the 3rd. If hes out for any length I am not sure they can survive it. They have got by the last 6 days on heart, guts and duct tape.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
with the warrior that Timonen it is concerning he didn't play the last half of the 3rd. If hes out for any length I am not sure they can survive it. They have got by the last 6 days on heart, guts and duct tape.

Agreed. Unfortunately this might be the injury they can't overcome. The defense has played well considering the the difficult circumstances recently. Kimmo's the anchor back there right now. Losing him would be a tough blow to this team.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Agreed. Unfortunately this might be the injury they can't overcome. The defense has played well considering the the difficult circumstances recently. Kimmo's the anchor back there right now. Losing him would be a tough blow to this team.

Im sure if hes out Rosehill would go to the blueline. He would be better then Foster

Schenn/Gus
Gervais/Huskins
OL/Rosehill

:help:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Im sure if hes out Rosehill would go to the blueline. He would be better then Foster

Schenn/Gus
Gervais/Huskins
OL/Rosehill

:help:

:laugh:

I was actually pretty impressed with Rosehill tonight when you consider what his role is. Scored a goal, won a fight, threw some big hits, took some regular shifts. He pretty much wasn't Jody Shelley tonight.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I can't remember the last time our injuries were this bad

We have to be having an injury per game the last week or two

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
at least homer went and picked us up a decent defenseman at the deadline, since he knew we reaaaally need defense right now. and picking up that defenseman in the first round of the draft last year was key too. oh wait ..........

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
at least homer went and picked us up a decent defenseman at the deadline, since he knew we reaaaally need defense right now. and picking up that defenseman in the first round of the draft last year was key too. oh wait ..........

Holmgren can't win in the eyes of people like you. If he traded picks or prospects for a d man, people would whine. There was really no one serviceable out there that wasn't ridiculously priced.

Also If you look at the players on the board at the time we were drafting last year, the next 3 dmen were maatta, matheson, and schmaltz. Since the draft, it's looked like Laughton is the best prospect of the group. Holmgren made the right call on Laughton.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I expect a quick recovery, like he'll be back Sat, Kimmo after all is Odin's son, he was always picking on Thor and Loki, so I guess his siblings got together and are playing a trick on us Flyers fans

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
KimmoTeaser.jpg

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Also If you look at the players on the board at the time we were drafting last year, the next 3 dmen were maatta, matheson, and schmaltz. Since the draft, it's looked like Laughton is the best prospect of the group. Holmgren made the right call on Laughton.

I only got to see one of Laughton's playoff games, but he was the best, fastest, smartest player on the ice. Better than the more heralded, and very good, Boone Jenner and Ryan Strome.

Codith

Aug 31, 2010
No Mesz, Briere, Coburn, Talbot.....4 game win streak....Coincidence?

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Holmgren can't win in the eyes of people like you. If he traded picks or prospects for a d man, people would whine. There was really no one serviceable out there that wasn't ridiculously priced.

I agree. No matter what the GM does it is wrong. If they did the draft over now you still could pick those three at 20 but Laughton would be long gone.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I only got to see one of Laughton's playoff games, but he was the best, fastest, smartest player on the ice. Better than the more heralded, and very good, Boone Jenner and Ryan Strome.

Better than Strome who went three spots ahead of Couturier in 2011? I like the sound of that. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad